Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Deadrawkstar

Doom Mod Video Reviews?

Would anyone here enjoy Doom Mod Video reviews?

I've been reviewing Half Life mods, Half life 2 mods, Resident Evil 4 mods and a few others, and I'm interested in expanding my horizons to doom mods, and i guess what I'm trying to ask is, Would you guys appreciate doom mod/wad video reviews, or since I am a nobody in the community would you simply laugh and me and tell me to get lost.

EDIT:
Here's an example of a review for Poke646 for Half-Life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BsHtjKbgf0
I try my best to level volume and speak clearly. In my reviews i don't give them a "X out of 10" score because i feel a review should be first and foremost about if the game is fun or not. I'm not a Olympics medal judge, im a dude telling you if a game is fun or not.

UPDATE:
Action Doom Review!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZYJ3eLuZMY

I think you will inevitably get views if you make decent content and post updates on the thread each time. Some people in Doom World who stream gets plenty of views. Follow the trends of recent popular releases and you may get frequent followers keen to hear your opinion - assuming you have some charisma.

Just don't make any videos / reviews about Brutal Doom early in your youtube career. Despite what the community likes to think, there is a massive bias against it and its so called "fanboys". Lots of toxic members regarding that.

I appreciate the input and the advice on Brutal Doom, Currently my review schedule looks like this.

Working on:
Action Doom Review
Action Doom Modplay
(Modplays are essentially lets plays without annoying commentation, so you can actually see what the mod is like)
Resident Evil 4 Chapter 2-2 with Mods

For Future:
Half-Life: Zombie Edition Review
Double Action: Boogaloo
Samsara for Doom/Zandronum
Aliens TC for Doom
Resident Evil Mods Part 6 - TexMod

I'm really excited for Samsara and Aliens TC.

Especially Aliens TC, i really want to get in touch with Doom mods because it's been modded for so long!

I mean, i love a slaughter map as much as the next guy, but i'm looking for stuff with solid content. I try to angle my reviews so normal gamers can understand what's going on, and not just the hardcore folks. If you have a serious suggestion, im all ears.

Look at the 2016 Nomination Thread. You are likely to find excellent material people would love to watch.

Chezza said:

Just don't make any videos / reviews about Brutal Doom early in your youtube career. Despite what the community likes to think, there is a massive bias against it and its so called "fanboys". Lots of toxic members regarding that.

I agree with this. If you really must cover Brutal Doom or its spin-offs like Project Brutality, wait until a little later and make sure to give a fair, all-around critique of its pros and cons.

Yeah, i really think that's some good advice. I really appreciate it. Just finished my review for action doom. Checkout the original post. :D