Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

Idea for a cool boss

Imagine this, a giant brain (like that of Spidermastermaind, but without legs), floating in a strange liquid inside a large flask.

I know that this tread is really stupid, but I'd really like to see something like that, don't you?

It's not too original, and it probably couldn't move, and I'm sick of bosses like that.

I've said this ways back. I would like to see something like the "THING" ,the John Carpenter's version. But this boss can shift or morf
into different shapes and everytime you land a telling blow at a certain "Pain Spot"(*Of course you have to poke around at it until you find the spot!) It'll shift into something else then you have to change your strategy on how to deal with it until you hurt it again. You keep going and going all the while it gets weaker and weaker until it looses it's ability to shift, than you can finally deliver the FINAL BLOW!!!

Well, That's my 2 cents.....

tsareppsun said:

I've said this ways back. I would like to see something like the "THING" ,the John Carpenter's version. But this boss can shift or morf
into different shapes and everytime you land a telling blow at a certain "Pain Spot"(*Of course you have to poke around at it until you find the spot!) It'll shift into something else then you have to change your strategy on how to deal with it until you hurt it again. You keep going and going all the while it gets weaker and weaker until it looses it's ability to shift, than you can finally deliver the FINAL BLOW!!!

Thats the best boss monster idea I have heard in a long time.

tsareppsun said:

Never saw "The Thing", but the idea of the boss morphing is cool - as long as it doesn't morph into like 10 different shapes. Three shapes should be enough.

Basically, I prefer the monster to be a typical huge monster, preferably something which looks very, very muscular (and very solid too) and very, very evil.
But please, no insect-like bosses, I'm tired of insect-inspired critters.

It reminds me of Krang from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Fredrik said:

Mother Brain from Metroid.

Heh, Metriod rules, but anyway. My idea for a last boss = BIG ASS MONSTER WITH A LOT OF DEADLY FIREBALL AND MELEE ATTACKS THAT CAN SPAWN MONSTERS AND RESSURECT THEM!!!! Mwhahaahaha, that would rule.

I want a bos that makes you feel very tiny.. give you the feeling that it will be impossible to defeat this massive beast.. and I dont like the ideah of a big brain thing.. ugh*.. the Morph Ideah is very cool..

AIRmichael said:

What about that creature from lord of the rings. Which had all those flames surrounded him. Such creature would rule.

Yeah, I've thought that too. The Balrog would make such a perfect Doom monster.

I liked that the balrog didnt had any eyes.. just firy holes for the eyes and nose.. even the mouth was filled with fire.. INFERNO!!!

AIRmichael said:
What about that creature from lord of the rings. Which had all those flames surrounded him. Such creature would rule.

well, it is a demon. so why the hell not?