Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chewyninja69

Quick question about the rocket launcher....

Doom wiki said:

Each rocket does 20-160 points of damage, in round multiples of 20, plus a blast radius of 128 units (taking a direct hit automatically incurs the full 128 additional points). Thus the rocket launcher is approximately as powerful as the super shotgun, but equally effective at long range and with a more rapid rate of fire.

Not sure if you're talking cyberdemon rocket or your own rocket blast, but if it's your own, you're not the target, so you'll only take the splash damage, which is 128.

With 100 green armor (33% damage reduction) you'll be at 14 health (100 - 128*2/3), with 200 blue armor (50% damage reduction) you'll be 36 health (100 - 128/2).

Add 100 to each if you have a soulsphere.

Magnusblitz said:

Not sure if you're talking cyberdemon rocket or your own rocket blast, but if it's your own, you're not the target, so you'll only take the splash damage, which is 128.

With 100 green armor (33% damage reduction) you'll be at 14 health (100 - 128*2/3), with 200 blue armor (50% damage reduction) you'll be 36 health (100 - 128/2).

Add 100 to each if you have a soulsphere.

Oh, my bad... I was talking about a self-inflicted shot. I was watching someone on Youtube play a map and they were low on health and armor and they were on a elevator and *barely* missed hitting the wall with a rocket. They had said that the map was a bitch to play and he was so far into it; was just curious if he would've died and I got my answer. Thanks for the replies.