Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xblade

Multiplayer Maps Explored

Not a bad trailer, but not very explanatory on what it's saying that we don't know of.

Well besides the maps available in Multiplayer may reflect to how some of the levels will appear in the Campaign.

Alas, it's just a hypothesis.

I wonder if any of the maps are made in SnapMap. They said that SnapMap won't have exterior environments, but as we can see, the last two maps are set outside. Probably made internally, but it's a shame they won't be releasing that tool along with the game...

EDIT: not the last two maps, one of them is Heatwave, the second to last and last map. Excavation and Sacrilegious.

Lol goddamn it you beat me to this!

From what we see here, we have some really cool Hell environments to look forward to. And regarding the SnapMap mapping, outdoor maps are definitely out, but I think these maps may be possible. They aren't open really. I just see sky. I do believe this was discussed in a previous thread about skyboxes? But I think these maps would be possible. Just not a vast outdoor area if this makes any sense.

Also, seeing Chasm as a map makes me wonder if we may see a call back to the Doom 2 map somewhere in the campaign :)

xblade said:

I wonder if any of the maps are made in SnapMap. They said that SnapMap won't have exterior environments, but as we can see, the last two maps are set outside. Probably made internally, but it's a shame they won't be releasing that tool along with the game...

EDIT: not the last two maps, one of them is Heatwave, the second to last and last map. Excavation and Sacrilegious.

>but it's a shame they won't be releasing that tool along with the game...

Are you implying it will never be released?

MrDeAD1313 said:

Lol goddamn it you beat me to this!

From what we see here, we have some really cool Hell environments to look forward to. And regarding the SnapMap mapping, outdoor maps are definitely out, but I think these maps may be possible. They aren't open really. I just see sky. I do believe this was discussed in a previous thread about skyboxes? But I think these maps would be possible. Just not a vast outdoor area if this makes any sense.

I get what you mean. Limit visibility to the sky, to make it seem outdoor.

Also, the more trailers they release, the more I like the music...

CreamCheese said:

>but it's a shame they won't be releasing that tool along with the game...

Are you implying it will never be released?

It's better to expect less and get more. No news was released about this and only SnapMap was presented. Also if they actually made some of these maps in SnapMap, I would expect them to be editable in-game in SnapMap. There's a whole video/news article explaining that anyone can edit anybody's map and full history of those edits would kept. Kinda like code versioning on GitHub (or any source code versioning for that matter).

magma86 said:

Some stuff from that article:

I've added them in a spoiler, because there are some potential story spoilers here. Might as well remove it entirely.

Spoiler

• Excavation. A modest-sized UAC mining outpost. Watch out for the rock grinder!
  • Infernal. A mid-sized Hell map with both interior and exterior elements. Lots of platforms and chasms, along with teleporters.
  • Chasm. This massive map takes you deep below the polar ice caps of Mars. A great place to play Freeze Tag.
  • Disposal. This smaller map is the main waste processing facility for the UAC research and residential complexes. Unsurprisingly, it’s full of radioactive slime.
  • Helix. This is where they experiment on demons and develop advanced weaponry. Which, naturally, makes it perfect for a quick round of Clan Arena.
  • Perdition. Disjointed and sadistic, this ancient arena is populated by the agonized moans of unfortunate souls who have suffered within its realm.
  • Sacrilegious. Set within a fracture of Hell, this map offers clear lines of sight. Move fast… or die faster.
  • Heatwave. An industrial UAC facility with glistening halls that will soon be slicked with human (and demon) blood.
  • Beneath. Before being beamed to Earth, the energies of Hell are harnessed in this symmetrical and cavernous location.

magma86 said:

Im sorry about that. My bad.

I wanted to put the highlights of the article in there, didn't actually read until after I posted. Ah well. Hopefully people understand. You can edit your post to say that some of the maps description do some spoilers.

I think I like Disposal the most so far.

The question is, do I want to play MP or SP first?

xblade said:

I wanted to put the highlights of the article in there, didn't actually read until after I posted. Ah well. Hopefully people understand. You can edit your post to say that some of the maps description do some spoilers.

Yeah, i edit my post now :)

Zemini said:

I'm planning on streaming the campaign starting from the first day. Probably not going to be the first one, but oh well. :)

Zemini said:

I say SP personally. There's going to be spoilers in the environments going straight into the MP (not that you can't already see them in the new video) That's me personally though.

xblade said:

I did. I'm starting to think that they're throwing out the Loadout concept. Either that, or instead of the traditional Gauss Cannon that spawns, it might alternate or randomly choose between BFG and Gauss Cannon.

I'm sure the Loadouts are still in. The BFG will be a power weapon (obviously) that spawns on the map just like the Gauss Cannon.

Enforcer said:

I'm sure the Loadouts are still in. The BFG will be a power weapon (obviously) that spawns on the map just like the Gauss Cannon.

Would be nice to see some maps that have weapon pick-up: quake style. Probably original Doom style also (never played MP on the original Doom).

* Helix

* Disposal

* Chasm

* Infernal

* Beneath

* Perdition

* Excavation

* Heatwave

* Sacrilegious

Liked the Hellish levels <3 .

^ All these maps look awesome! Can't wait to play them. You know, I wasn't looking forward to the Doom 2016 multiplayer initially but it's only looking better and better as time goes on. So hyped now!

RUSH said:

^ All these maps look awesome! Can't wait to play them. You know, I wasn't looking forward to the Doom 2016 multiplayer initially but it's only looking better and better as time goes on. So hyped now!

this means that bethesda marketing is working :)

Haha, well it's working on me at least. Hopefully the game lives up to what we're seeing here. So far so good.