Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Azuruish

How Cacodemon flies?

They have very thin telescopic legs that you can't see because of the pixelation. Bullets and rockets are small enough to pass between them.

Ancalagon said:

Aw ! this is cute

That website said:

Cacodemons do not fight over territory, they just seem to not like a crowded swamp and will disperse themselves peacefully, with some individuals voluntarily leaving and searching out a new swamp territory

DMGUYDZ64 said:

FAKE! So obviously fake. You can tell it's fake because of the FPS counter in the upper left hand corner. I own an original copy of Doom and it doesn't have that counter whatsoever. So yeah, sorry guys but this image is obviously photoshopped. You can fool others but you can't fool Doomworld!

RUSH said:

FAKE! So obviously fake. You can tell it's fake because of the FPS counter in the upper left hand corner. I own an original copy of Doom and it doesn't have that counter whatsoever. So yeah, sorry guys but this image is obviously photoshopped. You can fool others but you can't fool Doomworld!

Have you ever played Chillax MAP16 .? it has many flying Cacodemons ;) .
Also the FPS counter is because i ran Zandronum as a Nonsteam game , Steam overlay is stupid, the game itself has FPS capped to 60 only if i remember .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

the game itself has FPS capped to 60 only if i remember .

more evidence the picture is fake

Hoodie said:

more evidence the picture is fake

It isn't fake, i took it myself , Steam overlay goes wierd sometimes .

RUSH said:

FAKE! So obviously fake. You can tell it's fake because of the FPS counter in the upper left hand corner. I own an original copy of Doom and it doesn't have that counter whatsoever.

Not only that, but the graphics in my copy of Doom look nowhere near as good as that "screenshot", even at High Detail! This must have been retouched by hand, using promo art or something.

i'm pretty sure that image is just the end product of about 5000 hours in mspaint

scifista42 said:

Spoiler

The other people's replies are sarcasm.

hoodie and Maes's replies , but yeah i'm getting it clear now, Sarcasmworld = Doomworld .

The flight is an illusion, but not in the way you suspect. The rest of their body is still in the ethereal plane from which they originate, and their head is just sticking out of a portal which they drag along with them.

Evidence:

Quasar said:

The flight is an illusion, but not in the way you suspect. The rest of their body is still in the ethereal plane from which they originate, and their head is just sticking out of a portal which they drag along with them.

Woah dude! That theory is so cool! I actually prefer this theory to liquid nitrogen!

In fact I always wondered what fighting a Cacodemon with its body would be like as opposed to just its head.... =)

Piper Maru said:

How do Cacodemons open doors?

How does anyone in Doom open any of the doors? There are no handles, typically no switches, they all roll up and would require physical strength to raise them.

Monsters open doors the same way the player does: By touch AND willpower. Yes, touching the door (or the space under an open door) is necessary to temporarily gain an ability to operate the door by willpower.

I thought they kind of just barrel rolled right into it, eventually it should open. Although I imagine they would have awful headaches, but they're always smiling so who knows.

Piper Maru said:

I thought they kind of just barrel rolled right into it, eventually it should open. Although I imagine they would have awful headaches, but they're always smiling so who knows.

Someone should make this a meme...

"Do a barrel roll!"

Shows Cacodemon instead of Arwing. =3

Quasar said:

Then once killed, the portal closes which decapitates them. Causing their head to fall to the ground.

It all makes sense.

wheresthebeef said:

How does anyone in Doom open any of the doors? There are no handles, typically no switches, they all roll up and would require physical strength to raise them.

And I suppose there's an explanation to why the doors in Quake open automatically when you walk toward them...

If you look on the left, below and slightly to the red of the backwards L looking thing, there is what could be red buttons that Doom Guy could probably press to control the door. As for how Cacodemons can do it, maybe they just poke it with one of their spikes? Of course, these are singular pixels so some imagination is in order, many of these little dots could potentially be buttons.

Also, just gonna throw this out there. When Cacodemons die, they sound like a balloon deflating. XD

wheresthebeef said:

In the future if you grunt at a door it will open for you.