Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

Hulk Hogan leg-drops Gawker Media, wins by TKO

They again refuse to accept the judge's order and are not taking the video down ... I say arrest the assholes.

And nothing of value was lost.

Is there any public recordings of that trial? I wonder how scummy they can go with their shit on court...

I was expecting him to win this, but it's completely insane that he's already been awarded more than his asking price of $100 million and that punitive damages are still on the table. $115 million isn't punitive enough? Any publicity is good publicity for an over-the-hill wrestler, so you can't establish $55 million in economic damage, and nobody's emotional distress is worth $60 mil. I have a feeling that no jury would give two shits about my emotional distress if I was the plaintiff.

VGA said:

They again refuse to accept the judge's order and are not taking the video down ... I say arrest the assholes.

Amen to that.

Gotta love the kind of people that openly celebrate the possibility of big business going town together with all its numerous employees losing their jobs, especially in today's conditions. Not to mention how a verdict like this one could be used to scare the press in the future.

Neutrino said:

Gotta love the kind of people that openly celebrate the possibility of big business going town together with all its numerous employees losing their jobs, especially in today's conditions.

Yeah, they might actually have to go to journalism school now!

Neutrino said:

Not to mention how a verdict like this one could be used to scare the press in the future.

Freedom of Speech =/ The right to steal a sex tape from a man's private residence. Do you work for the NSA perchance?

Creaphis said:

I was expecting him to win this, but it's completely insane that he's already been awarded more than his asking price of $100 million and that punitive damages are still on the table. $115 million isn't punitive enough? Any publicity is good publicity for an over-the-hill wrestler, so you can't establish $55 million in economic damage, and nobody's emotional distress is worth $60 mil. I have a feeling that no jury would give two shits about my emotional distress if I was the plaintiff.

It does seem to be way too high sum to be paid, and if Gawker seeks appeal, it might lower the sum by some extent, but I'm not sure if they try that, since their income is about 1/10th of their income past four years.

I don't really know or care much about Hogan himself, but he seems to be iconic character. If you have certain reputation, you want to keep it as is, and hope that some paparazzi won't start prying on your private life. (Didn't Hulk got some flak due this sex tape incident?)

Neutrino said:

Gotta love the kind of people that openly celebrate the possibility of big business going town together with all its numerous employees losing their jobs, especially in today's conditions.

Perhaps it may seem to be unfortunate thing, but would you really employ people who are causing real harm intentionally? We're talking about Gawker here.

Neutrino said:

Not to mention how a verdict like this one could be used to scare the press in the future.

Scare press... How? By not putting out hearsay that blow back on your face, and especially, for the company you work? Or not putting libelous shit to discredit someone or something you personally don't like?

If this video would've been about fraud done in private room or area, then I would've played different tune. But it was about someone's private (sex) life, put out in the public, with no consent of the ones who were caught in tape. Doesn't that seem different, in principle?

Learn the difference between rag and paper.

Neutrino said:

Gotta love the kind of people that openly celebrate the possibility of big business going town together with all its numerous employees losing their jobs, especially in today's conditions. Not to mention how a verdict like this one could be used to scare the press in the future.

My heart is bleeding for those predatory asswipes. I almost slashed my wrists when all the poor souls from News of the World had to get rehired by other tabloid trash or face the threat of searching for a real job. They should unionize and threaten to stop invading everyone's privacy and swamping us with garbage celeb news if they're not treated with the respect such an institution deserves.

Neutrino said:

Fuck the press, imo.

an_mutt said:

Fuck the press, imo.

Another good reason I no longer have CNN on my Bookmarks Toolbar.

Why this is what I dont get, why do celebrities take nude pictures of themselves(not referring to Hogan by the way, just talking about celebrities in general) store them on there phone and get all butt hurt when their leaked, they're the ones who left 100s of pics on their phones/pc waiting to be hacked and yet they dont know why? Why not take an actual photo of your tits and frame it in your bedroom, at least then you'll know when some one is trying to publish your nudes.

Doominator2 said:

Why this is what I dont get, why do celebrities take nude pictures of themselves(not referring to Hogan by the way, just talking about celebrities in general) store them on there phone and get all butt hurt when their leaked, they're the ones who left 100s of pics on their phones/pc waiting to be hacked and yet they dont know why? Why not take an actual photo of your tits and frame it in your bedroom, at least then you'll know when some one is trying to publish your nudes.

It's not just famous people who do this. I see it all the time, people sending their nudes to someone they barely know and then panicking when they find they "leaked" the pictures. I think people are just dumb in general, and they get dumber when they're horny.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Kontra Kommando said:

Now he's back on top

If the sex tape itself is any indication, the Hulkster always comes out on top.

an_mutt said:

Fuck the press, imo.

Fuck anyone who thinks Gawker represents "the press" in any respectable capacity, imo. Their entire business model is essentially UK tabloid, no surprise given Nick Denton is English. They routinely ignore their own employees, forcing the staff to post an open letter to shame corporate into actually doing something about its vicious comment trolls (y'know, the ones posting rape gifs on Jezebel and the like.) And of course they're pretty much built to run on clickbaity outrage du jour. There's some solid work on some of the subsites, but Gawker Media needs a shakeup at the top and the Gawker site itself is pretty much a NYC celebrity gossip stroke-off nobody needs to concern themselves with.

Not that Hulk Hogan is exactly a great person either, though.

Doominator2 said:

Narcisism and trust in other people.

Doominator2 said:

Because your phone's pretty much always on you and you'd have to develop a photo for a physical copy. It seems pretty inane to compare the two, really.

Arctangent said:

Because your phone's pretty much always on you and you'd have to develop a photo for a physical copy. It seems pretty inane to compare the two, really.

I dont know, ya sure your phone is always with you, but why would you take a nude in public? Also I dont think taking a nude with a grubby public toilet as its background is that ideal. So the only time taking nudes would be ideal is when your at home. Yet people are still stupid enough to put them on their icloud or whatever.

And those instant cameras are back in style, just take the physical picture and give it to them if you want to share it that badly let alone putting it on a storage system thats easily hack-able.