Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sleepii

New snapmap image found on amazon

Awesome screenshot. The recolored Cacodemon looks great. Glad id decided to change it. Suits the original but with a nice modernized look. Perfect really! Such love.

Those monsters look amazing, really good detail
The marine armor, however, looks bad. Theyre overly shiny, almost like an original Xbox level bumpmapping effect. The green armor lacks any real texture to it at all; the orange armor isnt as bad.
The Mancubus' armor, for instance, looks on point

GoatLord said:

How the FUCK are people complaining about the graphics looking crappy when you see shots like that?

Textures are pretty bad. But I guess you gotta tone stuff down if you want your game to run at 60 fps 100% of the time

mistercow said:

Textures are pretty bad. But I guess you gotta tone stuff down if you want your game to run at 60 fps 100% of the time

To be honest I would much rather have 60 FPS smooth gameplay over graphics any day. Frame rate is especially important for a fast paced first person shooter like Doom. People need to learn that graphics aren't everything. And the graphics look damn good anyway, to me at least.

RUSH said:

To be honest I would much rather have 60 FPS smooth gameplay over graphics any day. Frame rate is especially important for a fast paced first person shooter like Doom. People need to learn that graphics aren't everything. And the graphics look damn good anyway, to me at least.

We have multiple cores these days and insufficiently used GPUs. They can do better.

To be honest, I don't see how people can be bitching and complaining about textures and the graphics, when to me at least... it's about how it looks aesthetically or stylistically speaking.

Some people bitch and complain about Xenoblade Chronicles and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (both are my favourite games by the way.)

But quite honestly, I don't see anything wrong with them, and I fucking love the hell out of those two games, and I think from an artistic standpoint they are absolutely beautiful.

So in my opinion, I feel as if the new Doom is satisfying from an artistic standpoint... so fuck all the haters who bitch and complain about graphics.

Anyway, this screenshot looks pretty intense, but who the fuck puts pink on their chaingun?

Why not paint a shark-face on it or something? Or maybe even band logos? Anything but pink and purple....

Wait, does this mean the the chaingun is a loadout weapon? Seems like it shouldn't be, but oh well (this might be the case considering it being used widely during the multiplayer trailer)

On a side note, I hope they release a snapmap trailer soon showing some really cool shit, the walls and platforms in this screenshot make it seem like more than just a couple of building blocks that you glue together

DoomzRules said:

To be honest, I don't see how people can be bitching and complaining about textures and the graphics, when to me at least... it's about how it looks aesthetically or stylistically speaking.

Some people bitch and complain about Xenoblade Chronicles and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (both are my favourite games by the way.)

But quite honestly, I don't see anything wrong with them, and I fucking love the hell out of those two games, and I think from an artistic standpoint they are absolutely beautiful.

So in my opinion, I feel as if the new Doom is satisfying from an artistic standpoint... so fuck all the haters who bitch and complain about graphics.

Anyway, this screenshot looks pretty intense, but who the fuck puts pink on their chaingun?

Why not paint a shark-face on it or something? Or maybe even band logos? Anything but pink and purple....

>mfw I was gonna have a pink marine with a pink plasma rifle as my loadout

CreamCheese said:

>mfw I was gonna have a pink marine with a pink plasma rifle as my loadout

Meh, I don't really care at this point to be honest. After all it is lightish-red... (Anyone see my Red vs Blue reference? =3)

Oh and now that you mention it... IT DOES LOOK LIKE THE GOBLIN FROM SPIDER-MAN!!!

Sheesh, can't believe I didn't see that myself... or maybe it also looks like that Snake Imp I saw floating around on Realm667.

GoatLord said:

How the FUCK are people complaining about the graphics looking crappy when you see shots like that?

I agree. It's strange seeing people who adore the original Doom, that's over twenty years old complain about the graphics for Doom 2016. But everybody has their ways, I've never quite understood why people collect salt & pepper shakers, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Aside from that out of place green marine who looks to have armor made of hard candy, everything else looks fantastic! Awesome!

We havn't seen a Hell Knight for awhile. I wonder what changes they been getting since e3.

Zemini said:

We havn't seen a Hell Knight for awhile. I wonder what changes they been getting since e3.

They look like the ones from Doom 3 .