Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Doom 2 MAP07 Song

Yeah it's pretty much "South of Heaven" meets the Terminator. Probably one of my favorite songs in the game!

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Oh ... well i came late .

There's a whole bunch more on that page and related pages you might enjoy.

Tarnsman said:

The Doomwiki misses some "inspiration" sources on a lot of Doom songs. For example D_E2M6. https://youtu.be/Czwr9T_bPPo?t=18s listen to the background strings.

WOW that is really close. I think this is the real source. gonna listen through the entire soundtrack

as of DRI it's probably not since it wasn't that well known

Tarnsman said:

The Doomwiki misses some "inspiration" sources on a lot of Doom songs. For example D_E2M6. https://youtu.be/Czwr9T_bPPo?t=18s listen to the background strings.

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbjMHisK9cg for D_E1M1

While there are loads and loads of E1M1 riffs out there, Prince has confirmed it comes from that 'middle bit' of No Remorse. That track from Aliens though - That's definitely E2M6!

Found this, it should help you to recongize all of the songs, Just don't mind the video title :P

Tarnsman said:

The Doomwiki misses some "inspiration" sources on a lot of Doom songs.

There used to be a lot more, but there were so many it ended up not looking very serious. It was decided to only keep sources that are backed by hard proof (such as MIDI metadata from the released and mostly unused MIDI tracks) or seem extremely likely.

Musical inspirations behind Doom's music

Doomkid said:

While there are loads and loads of E1M1 riffs out there, Prince has confirmed it comes from that 'middle bit' of No Remorse.

Source?

I was certain he had said it at some point during an interview; now I'm not so sure. I've just had that in my mind for so long, but nothing out there seems to 100% confirm it.

The Sonic Clang video is pretty compelling evidence, but it's still not "legitimate" confirmation. There's far too many songs out there featuring this riff, it's insane.

There is some more to the fire! although I'm too think that this is No Remorse, the riff from Behind The Crooked Cross is extremely similar in pattern, even more than NR. and it's also used by Prince

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Found this, it should help you to recongize all of the songs, Just don't mind the video title :P

i love that video title. it's like someone's trying really hard to piss off Doom fans with it.

Pretty much any metal or rock song with a riff pattern of "two notes then a higher note" could "BE E1M1!!!!!!!!!!!" That said, I always thought that No Remorse was definitely the inspiration. The D.R.I. song is much closer, but I don't think that Bobby or John would have known about that one, since D.R.I. wasn't that well-known (but not really obscure either).

I'm surprised people still bring this topic up in 2016.

ABRACADABRA said:

There is some more to the fire! although I'm too think that this is No Remorse, the riff from Behind The Crooked Cross is extremely similar in pattern, even more than NR. and it's also used by Prince

Good call, that sounds really close as well. In general we just know Bobby and id love the metal.

The Pantera riffs are the easiest to spot in Doom though, since they're so distinct. And Alice in Chains etc.

For me, The beginning of "No Remorse" is similar to MAP01. Guitar solo in MAP01 is slightly similar to riff, starting at 0:10. Also at 4:49 "No Remorse" is similar to intermission music.