Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Game I'm working on

It's somewhere between Tetris, Breakout and Pong. I'm the one with the Eraserhead hair, talking about my role in development (graphics and music). We're planning for an Android and IOS release, and hopefully PC as well.

Hey that looks pretty cool. I probably can't play it since my phone is not smart and my PC is quite old, but it looks like the kind of thing I'd like. Good luck with it, the indie game market is kind of dire right now, but it looks like you guys are having fun with it at least.

A lot has been written in the past year or two about how there are just too many games available for not very much money, and while there are still decent successes and even breakout stars you're up against a lot of competition. Here is a good article by Jeff Vogel that talks about it. The Rebecca Heineman interview about 3DO Doom touches on it too. (Search for "market crash".) Things seem to be on an upward trend at least.

plums: Money and fame are the last things indie games are made for. They are made for fun, improving programming skills, and preparing libraries to build more advanced games on (if you think it more serious with game industry). Some people playing it - thats just a bonus. Some people buying it - almost unrealistic. As I said, its about fun.