Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Doom Anthology: 333 Edition

I've been revising the Doom trilogy I wrote years ago and host on my website. Again. I can't seem to keep myself from coming back to this project once a year to fix it up.

The updates are pretty huge this time, though: I did an expanded rewrite of The Shores of Hell, due to its being the shortest and weakest of the trilogy. It's now the second longest of the three, has a lot more action and horror, and a much more interesting cast. It'd be great if someone would be willing to give it a read and share their thoughts, since Shores had the most complaints from readers. I'd like to think it holds its own with the other two now, but I'm not 100% sure.

Read 'em here!

Get a personal print copy!

They're PDF files now, so you don't have to be on my website to read 'em.

All three have been touched up a bit, but Shores got the biggest facelift. I also restored some lost audio logs from Knee Deep, which resulted from an animation collaboration with Steve Johnson.

EDIT: Did some more edits and polished them further, mostly cleanup and rewording.

Pretty Great! Interesting how you made each episode have its own cast and different plots, connected by the similarities of how hell does things.

Will you make a Thy Flesh Consumed one?

Thanks!

Royal_Sir said:

Will you make a Thy Flesh Consumed one?

I've been considering it. I have outlines for what I'd want to do for that and for Hell On Earth, but it'd be a lot of work and I have a lot of other stuff on my plate. This would probably be something to do when I'm burnt out on my more important stuff.

ArchangelOfHell said:

Knee deep in the dead was outstanding, really got a sense of the horror Phobos would instill.. Fantastic work!

Thanks man, glad you liked it. I'm glad I remembered those lost dialogue bits.

Royal_Sir said:

Pretty Great! Interesting how you made each episode have its own cast and different plots, connected by the similarities of how hell does things.

Forgot to reply to this. I actually went with different casts for each because Sarge reached his horror zenith by the end of Knee Deep. There's really no way to scare him anymore, so Shores and Inferno would've basically been typical fanfics with him being badass and killing everything. Introducing a new cast each time kept the horror aspect fresh, but I cranked things up a notch with each sequel. So even by Inferno, when we have characters that are more or less accustomed to the horrors of hell, they still find something worse than they expected.

Made a print version on lulu for those of you who prefer books to pdfs or reading things online. Price is about $7, but it just goes toward the printing process and is otherwise nonprofit. If anyone got the old version years ago, you might want an updated version. I'd set a discount, but apparently the price can only go so low.