Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

now what?

well i got a hold of a sega dreamcast. great system( hey it beats the ps2) anyway i have heard there is a ton of shit u can do with it and i also have a few questions.
1. does it come with a hard drive when u buy the system, if so what size is it. if not can it use a hard drive and how can i score one.
2 The windows it uses, i know it has to be risc based, where do i get that?
3 what other cool shit can i do with it, tell me about some good games.

those games are a bitch to find, yet when u do it is like a gold mine cause they are dirt cheap. except at toy-r-us( hey it was the only place selling the memory packs and i got a shit load of those now) however they where selling games at full price( yea that will get rid of them) hell toy-r-us never lowers its prices on game i have seen nintendo and atari games for over $20, and not collectors ones too!

rush 2049
soul calibur
Gauntlet legends if you dont own the newer systems
and above post suggestions

I have a fucking Dreamcast. It's a worthless piece of shit. I've only played it once.

can I have it then? along with any other games you might have for it?

Sephiroth said:

1. does it come with a hard drive when u buy the system, if so what size is it. if not can it use a hard drive and how can i score one.
2 The windows it uses, i know it has to be risc based, where do i get that?
3 what other cool shit can i do with it, tell me about some good games.

ok here we go, i bought the system the day it was released (9/9/99) adn have many many games and all the junk, like keyboards and VGA adapters. i like my dreamcast alot, but i own every sega system, even the saturn (i love it too)

1. there is no harddrive, but you can connect your VMU's to a computer with a special cable and software (check internet).

2. i only have 1 game that uses the windows ce environment on the dreamcast, but all of my software i got off the web uses it. You might be able to get a devlopement kit from sega, then you can make stuff on it (like the newest dc-doom port whee!)

3. mine can't get on the internet anymore, i used my dial connection i got from my school. It connects, but no servers for games.
The web browes is buggy and crashes alot, 'specailly on newer site. Haven't messed with it in a while
Other than that, some games are easy as hell to get from file sharers like winmx, and you burn them to a cd with nero or clonecd. There is software on the web too, like Quake and Hexen2. I also have a NES emulator for my dreamcast, and a sega master system emulator.

you can buy dreamcast games at national console support, i've seen them at Best Buys for really low $$, but they don't have the older better games.
http://www.ncsx.com/

hm, site seems to be...not loading. anyway try that site for hardware or games, they have older games sometimes.

orion said:

can I have it then? along with any other games you might have for it?

$50...comes with some RPG, a burned copy of Soul Calibur, and no connecter cord.

How about I pay you with shrimp soup? Imagine this, 20 individually packaged shrimp soups ready to be filled with boiling water. MMM, it's to die for.

orion said:

How about I pay you with shrimp soup? Imagine this, 20 individually packaged shrimp soups ready to be filled with boiling water. MMM, it's to die for.

No...I'm not eating anything that came from your house.

fraggle said:

dreamcast linux!

Heh, that reminds me, isn't there Linux for Microsoft X-Box? I find that funny.

bigbadgangsta said:

Heh, that reminds me, isn't there Linux for Microsoft X-Box? I find that funny.

From what I understand it is still in its initial stages but they do have it booting. The X box is basically a cutdown PC. You need a mod chip to be able to load it though (the BIOS in the X box will not load any code not signed by Microsoft)

the_Danarchist said:

No...I'm not eating anything that came from your house.

God, what is it with you and pti_ch, you both fear I'm going to drug you two. Why would I waste my money on drugs and give it away? Meepheads... you're all soo paranoid.

Dreamcast can play any burnt CD of games you can throw on.(no mod chip needed)
This icludes any system you can imagine.

Nintendo, snes, gamegear, etc.
And you can fit LOTS on a CD.
You need the specific emulators for it, from what I hear.

WHO was selling one? ;)