MAP06 - 0:12.97 (1:40) K: 18/50 I: 4/5 S: 0/1
MAP07 - 0:13.60 (1:53) K: 9/92 I: 0/6 S: 0/2
MAP08 - 0:14.69 (2:07) K: 11/125 I: 0/3 S: 0/2
MAP09 - 0:12.94 (2:19) K: 9/136 I: 0/7 S: 0/2
MAP10 - 0:10.34 (2:29) K: 3/41 I: 0/2 S: 0/2

It is now on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrmVXJKHTqs

sxallx229.zip

I came up with an absurd TAS challenge, for fun. I don't think anyone in their right mind would actually do it, but I figured I'd post it just for the heck of it. Basically, you're in a box with an archvile and a zombieman, and the exit sector is out in the void, so you can't access it by normal means. It's a puzzle :o The included zip is doom2/cl2/map01.

taschal3.zip

I guess you have to get an intercepts overflow. Not sure if it's possible in this case, these rules are tricky.

MD922 said:

Scythe X in 2:29

Well, that was unexpected. Good job.

kraflab said:

I came up with an absurd TAS challenge, for fun.

Bad timing...

Akse said:

Well, that was unexpected. Good job.

Thanks. I felt Scythe X didn't get enough love compared to Scythe/2.

MD922 said:

Scythe X didn't get enough love compared to Scythe/2.

It would if it was a complete megawad like it's older brothers.

Plutonia 2 Nightmare Speed with 100% secrets. NM100 time 1:22:13
Segmented only.

Good lord this was challenging indeed.

There's also a partial demo that shows on map 20 a (unintentional ofc) void glide
caused by an arc vile jump. It has no purpose at all, but it's cool to watch IMO, use -skipsec 3220 to see that.

30p2sx12213.zip

Arch Vile Jump D2All NM-Speed in 9:56

A really fun demo to make. Few tricks were missed and few maps are just above par, but i hope i gave my best here. Thanks to Red's run which inspired me to try this in the first place.

avjallnx956.zip

SWDude, that's a terrific run indeed! Congrats for that, and thank you very much for crediting me so much (though map 14 route is mine, not loopers :P ), I really appreciate it!
When I mentioned perfect time I was referring to segmented demos (the only ones I know how to do xD), I really had no idea that perfect movement could improve so much, infact I loved map04,09,14,23,24,25(wow),26 and expecially, 27, well done!
Last but not least, 29 was my favourite run, that was sick, I loved it!

Great work!

Red-XIII said:

SWDude, that's a terrific run indeed! Congrats for that, and thank you very much for crediting me so much (though map 14 route is mine, not loopers :P ), I really appreciate it!
When I mentioned perfect time I was referring to segmented demos (the only ones I know how to do xD), I really had no idea that perfect movement could improve so much, infact I loved map04,09,14,23,24,25(wow),26 and expecially, 27, well done!
Last but not least, 29 was my favourite run, that was sick, I loved it!

Great work!

Thanks a lot. Im glad you liked the demo. Sorry about map 14, it was a mistake. I credited looper because i followed his demo (since it is the fastest demo on DSDA, did not do much research). Hope you wouldn't mind it.

SWDude said:

Thanks a lot. Im glad you liked the demo. Sorry about map 14, it was a mistake. I credited looper because i followed his demo (since it is the fastest demo on DSDA, did not do much research). Hope you wouldn't mind it.

Of course not, I'm just too finicky, that's all ^^

SWDude said:

A really fun demo to make. Few tricks were missed and few maps are just above par, but i hope i gave my best here. Thanks to Red's run which inspired me to try this in the first place.

what's that, AVJ all in 9:56 that too in Nightmare!! Man, you are crazy :D Anyways, Congratulations my buddy, that's really great work :)

Red-XIII said:

Plutonia map30 Tyson, time 00:38 Segmented!

I think this turned out pretty good, the ending is cool watched in camera mode from spider's spot!

Uh...this isn't tyson. You have to kill all the enemies for tyson, this is just uv-speed pistol only.

SWDude said:

oh wow, what a very well executed tas demo of these maps. By simply watching it I cannot tell where to save seconds. Congratulations to you! But also congratulations to red, since this demo gauges his effort with his d2all demo which was not that much slower (esp. if you exclude map28).

Besides your commentary on map28, I think you made it very fast. Your caco rocket jump looks like it is very easy to do :D. Wow @ 14, 18, 20, 27, 28, 29

Btw map12 used to be difficult for me too when the map was made, but with practice it becomes really easy.

I am glad you enjoyed making the demo, I really enjoyed watching it, thank you!

termrork said:

oh wow, what a very well executed tas demo of these maps. By simply watching it I cannot tell where to save seconds. Congratulations to you! But also congratulations to red, since this demo gauges his effort with his d2all demo which was not that much slower (esp. if you exclude map28).

Besides your commentary on map28, I think you made it very fast. Your caco rocket jump looks like it is very easy to do :D. Wow @ 14, 18, 20, 27, 28, 29

Btw map12 used to be difficult for me too when the map was made, but with practice it becomes really easy.

I am glad you enjoyed making the demo, I really enjoyed watching it, thank you!

Thanks a lot. As i mentioned earlier, its not 100% optimized and i would put such a demo under 9 minutes. But i dont think anyone would put such an effort to make it (would be awesome if they did) especially this wad relies a lot on arch-viles so i guess its better to play by hand than anything else. Moreover i had a lot of fun playing this and thank you for making such a cool wad.

SWDude said:

Intermissions are a bit sloppy; apart from that - a really enjoyable movie indeed. Nicely done! It's such a pity i'm not familiar with this wad well enough so i could appreciate it to the full extent.

Your caco rocket jump on map 28 reminded me my lost soul rocket jump on map 28 ;) This tomato is fucking wild!

TXT was a good read. Also it would be nice if you'd included centiseconds.

Akse said:

Intermissions are a bit sloppy; apart from that - a really enjoyable movie indeed. Nicely done! It's such a pity i'm not familiar with this wad well enough so i could appreciate it to the full extent.

Your caco rocket jump on map 28 reminded me my lost soul rocket jump on map 28 ;) This tomato is fucking wild!

TXT was a good read. Also it would be nice if you'd included centiseconds.

Thanks for the compliment ;D. I'm glad you liked it. I agree with the intermissions being sloppy, will rectify it in my future runs.

Soooo what happened to those Doom 2 UV-Max IL TASes, Azuruish?
Doom 2 Map 23 Max in 1:35
I had part of this from about 10 months, then reworked it today for a faster time.
This is one of the rare times I actually used -recordfromto instead of fulling building.

lv23x135.zip

MD922 said:

Soooo what happened to those Doom 2 UV-Max IL TASes, Azuruish?

Nothing special... After D2All UV-MAX for Doom 2, I don't care about 'single MAXes' anymore.
I guess it's enough. Only D2ALL for Doom for each episode are left but I have no idea when it will be. I'm so possessed by Chillax and Sunder now.

Crumpets Map 7 UV-Speed in 0:13.40

This might be possible non-TAS but it would require more luck. Also includes a demo showing a triple Arch-vile jump but it is a bit slower.

crm7x13.zip