Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joe-ilya

Versus - A deathmatch megawad w/ 26 maps (21 maps now)

Oh hi, just some limit-removing maps using stock doom2 textures, inspired by greenwar/2 and dwango5's better maps.
Some maps are detailed, some are simplistic, some are smaller than others, etc. (variation) They don't always focus on SSG combat, there are few maps that have a different arm combat.

I need someone to make a logo for M_DOOM and TITLEPIC.

I made MAP02-MAP18, MAP20, MAP21, MAP31 and MAP32 so far, I'm aiming to get up to the MAP24 slot. That means I have to finish mapping MAP01, MAP19 and MAP22-MAP24

Here are some sneak peaks of the finished maps:

MAP04 : Spilt guts around the nest.

MAP10 : Dwango5 tribute

Don't click if you're anti-brony :

Spoiler

MAP11 : Rainbow dash HD

MAP17 : Another dwango5 tribute

MAP20 : Portals to hell and back

MAP21 : Castles of dawn

MIDIs:
MAP01 : MIDI version of "Starfluxx" by Mempheria
MAP02 : Luna MIDI reinstrumentation
MAP03 : MIDI version of "Cold Tea" by Andy Lee Robinson
MAP04 : MIDI version of "Dead Souls" by Joy Division, as covered by Nine Inch Nails
MAP05 : Chex quest victory song
MAP06 : A Mega man song made into a MIDI.
MAP07 : MIDI version of "Pulling Teeth" by Green Day
MAP08 : MIDI version of "To Another Abyss" by Bad Religion
MAP09 : MIDI version of "You" by Bad Religion
MAP10 : MIDI version of "Puppet" by Satanic Surfers
MAP11 : MIDI version of "Winter Wrap Up" from MLP:FIM
MAP12 : MIDI version of "A.D.D" by Ten Foot Pole
MAP13 : MIDI version of "Skateboarding Theme" from Metal Gear Solid
MAP14 : MIDI version of "Forest of Illusion" from Super Mario World (Remixed)
MAP15 : "Nightrun" from Plutonia 2 by Stuart Rynn
MAP16 : "D_DM02" from Adventures of Square
MAP17 : Modified HitFloor.mid by Music Media Design, possibly inspired by D.P.R & Georgia Lewis' "Hit The Floor"
MAP18 : MIDI version of "Island of Shame" by Lagwagon
MAP20 : MIDI version of "Tragic Vision" by Lagwagon
MAP21 : MIDI version of "Cockroaches" by Nailbomb
MAP31 : "Coldwires" by Stuart Rynn
MAP32 : MIDI version of "Stuck with me" by Green Day
Title : MIDI version of "Practice Course" From Super Mario World 2 : Yoshi's Island
Intermission : MIDI version of "Nevermind Me" by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

No download? Also I'm not sure if oblige maps are generally accepted by the mp community.

Doomkid said:

Why do two options say "No" on the pause menu?

It feels too weird not seeing load or save in the menu, but I already wussed out on this thread....

joe-ilya said:

Because they serve 'no' purpose.

The more you know: You can save deathmatch games.

Edward850 said:

The more you know: You can save deathmatch games.

No you can't, I tried, and never could.

joe-ilya said:

That was probably because the port you were using prevented it, not because it's something Doom can't do.

I know for a fact that Zandronum can't handle multiplayer saves, so I'm inclined to believe that was it.

joe-ilya said:

Try playing vanilla Doom more often in your life. Remember Doom has always been able to save and load netgames, and deathmatch doesn't restrict this function.
Likewise with Boom, PRBoom+ (in theory), Eternity should also be able to, and ZDoom definitely can.
Basically as long as you are using a port that can launch the save in a netgame and keep deathmatch flagged, it'll work.

I wasn't even aware people would want to save a game during Deathmatch, let alone play Deathmatch in vanilla when there are ports which implement multiplayer magnitudes better than vanilla.

Decay said:

No download? Also I'm not sure if oblige maps are generally accepted by the mp community.

I have to agree; I can't say the maps look like they will appeal to a huge majority of the multiplayer community. Can't comment on the layouts very well without playing them, though it looks like some of the maps will be painful to play with infinite thing height. Dwango is generally not a great thing to draw inspiration from because most of Dwango is subpar (which doesn't set much of a standard for Dwango itself) and incredibly derivative of maps we've seen a thousand times. Dwango itself has already been done to death, so I do not see an incentive in playing it myself.

I'm just inspired by dwango's and greenwar's invironment, not the layouts.

MAP10 uses the MAP01 doom2 layout, but I also added an area from MAP09, MAP06 and MAP02. It's not completely the same.
MAP19 uses lots of BROWNGRN, but also some other textures, such as rocks, wooden planks, pipes.

joe-ilya said:

I'm just inspired by dwango's and greenwar's invironment, not the layouts.

But both of those were garbage. I guess if that's what you're aiming for, you're doing a great job????????

What I like is not relevant. Dwango and greenwar are just ugly, bland, misaligned in some cases, stock crap with single textures plastered over huge areas. Shit we've seen 1000000000 times before. The only "environment" they offer is dull and dreary.

Your screenshots say otherwise, but then again this is merely another example of you striving for mediocrity at best.

Oooook lemme lay it out for you

This screenshot right here is bad:

Why? It's a little thing I like to call "flamboyant texturing"; ie when you plaster a bunch of textures that clash in theme just to give an "illusion" that your map looks good when it really doesn't. To me, all that marble, wood, and hell textures with tree roots look horrible and it seems like every time you added a structure, you rolled a 20-sided dice to decide the texturing. Your biggest offender from that screenshot is the filthy brown staircase building thing on the right.

Also don't use the "oh this is inspired from old 90s maps" excuse. We have tons of those already. Its like beating a dead horse when you make those kinds of maps. They usually tend to be unmemorable, bland, and more or less filler maps.

First people tell me my maps are bland and monochromatic, then they tell they're too frenzy or some other dumb excuse to drag me down for being joe. Can't I use a single texture without being abused for using a texture?

And you're complaining I have a curvy staircase now, Fuck, how do you want my stairs to look?

For being Joe? These map genuinely look like shit, and if there was a download for beta testing, we'd tell you even more clearly why they look awful, and I have zero doubt they play awful, and we'd tell you that too. Did you ever consider that your maps are criticised because they suck not because of who you are?

I'm trying to understand why they look like shit, but you told me is that my texturing is monochromatic and varied at the same time. Is there some perfect balance between those two? I used a consistent theme in each map.

What decay, cata are trying to say is put 3D floors/bridges everywhere, bcz yeah fuck 90s like maps. And yeah i dunno how can some1 judge something only by screens. heh

capodecima said:

What decay, cata are trying to say is put 3D floors/bridges everywhere, bcz yeah fuck 90s like maps. And yeah i dunno how can some1 judge something only by screens. heh

That is not what I'm trying to say at all, but joe_ilya is a lost cause. There are plenty of old and new oldschool wads that do stock themes well, and this simply isn't it. Capo you are literally incapable of producing anything of value, and you need not look further than this trash to know that anything you say or are associated with is worth less than the mud on my boots.

unfortunately, explaining anything to you is a waste of text, so I will settle by reiterating that fw_ctf earned your approval, which means your standards are lower than previously thought possible and thus in no way would you comprehend what catastrophe or i are saying. Go back to the barnyard.

LEL man you are not helpful at all, and saying Greenwar wad is garbage is just wtf? Do you know how MANY players loves greenwar, how many tournaments were on these maps etc. You are sick dude. :D
And you really dont need IQ 139 make decent doom 2 maps. Id say every map has your players which will like it always.

If you could read, I never said gw is garbage as a whole, only it's environment. Which is plain, boring, and ugly.

Welp i prefer simple textures for competitive gaming like greenwar. Better 500 fps at greenwar than drop to 1 fps on 2011 machine on dbab. :D