Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Demons, Power Weapons & Power Ups

-reads the comments-

Lol people are now complaining everything is going too fast. Oh youtube comment section...u so funny.

Why does that Trailer look...hmm...somehow...how should I put it...pretty unpolished?

Don't get me wrong, neither I am a hater, nor do I want to discredit Doom 2016, but from what we saw in the past, this trailer - to me - has the worst graphics and effects. We know that graphic fidelity is tuned down in multiplayer, but some things just look a little bit cheap (the Chainsaw kill, for example).

Is it just me and I am too picky?

Whaaaat?... Aww..well makes sense since its op...but tyen again, it would prove to be quite the chalenge...eh lets just let someone snap map it for us.

HellVain said:

-reads the comments-

Lol people are now complaining everything is going too fast. Oh youtube comment section...u so funny.

Do You or Someone else even surprised with this? I'm not. Kids, kids newer changes.

RomanRichter said:

Do You or Someone else even surprised with this? I'm not. Kids, kids newer changes.

Im not actually, in fact I was laughing while i read the comments XD, tho im pretty sure most of them were sarcastic

I wonder what they mean by the Prowler being MP only. Can we still use the demon as an enemy in SnapMap? I certainly hope so.

Zemini said:

I wonder what they mean by the Prowler being MP only. Can we still use the demon as an enemy in SnapMap? I certainly hope so.

I'm guessing the Prowler is available in SnapMap, but it just doesn't show up as enemy in the Campaign.

My God! Now that was AWESOME! I really like that you can change your body armor (gloves in this case) and it changes not only in third person but you actually can see it yourself if you look at your hands. If I remember correctly you can change helmets, boots, gloves + there is a left and right hand slot. .so you can equip one type of glove on your one hand and another type on the other (I could be wrong). 0:23 a guy swimming in his own pool of blood in agony without his legs? Now that's cool! When I first saw the Prowler model in the leaks I didn't like it at all. But after seeing him in action at 0:39 I like him a lot! Awesome awesome stuff. Now give me more Singleplayer footage please! Or maybe save it for a really badass Launch trailer. PS: It looks like the Harvester got cut from the MP. It says 4 playable demons. Revenant, Baron, Prowler and Mancubus.

Zemini said:

MP only? Where did you get that info? Oops. .sorry. Missed the link above. Well that sucks a bit. .

Prowler reminds me a little of the Wraith since it can turn into a shadow when it leaps at a player.

What ? 4 demon runes ?

Baron & Prowler confirmed here, the Mancubus confirmed in the trailer before, the Revenant confirmed in the Alpha..

bye bye Harvester :(

What is the harvester?

Anyways I am sure they will add more monsters in the future.

Xerge said:

That was pretty, but when will we see more of the campaign?

Yeah, that would be nice. Maybe they want 2 save that for something special. If they manage to wake up my childhood again, im more than pleased.

HellVain said:

-reads the comments-

Some people are never pleased. Just ignore them.

Zemini said:

What is the harvester?

Anyways I am sure they will add more monsters in the future.

Spoiler

The Harvester is a stupid & weak playable demon that was found and unlocked in the Alpha, attacks players by firing a weak electrical bolt that takes long time to kill someone, successfuly killing "harvesting" players will charge his second attack which is a guided fireball "or an electrical sphere cuz can't remember correctly" that when fired it kills every player in its way, his weak primary attack combined with a weak health and slow movement/maneuver makes the Harvester the weakest playable demon in the game, in other words he will turn a pro player to a sitting duck !

looks like they dropped him from the game or kept as a campaign only demon..

Well I hope they don't remove him completely. I hate it when game makers remove older content. For instance, the Imp skins; I hope both are all available in SnapMap.

Aaaaaand this is EXACTLY what I was talking about when I warned everyone that information found in the alpha leaks might not even be in the final game. Sucks to be you.

Zemini said:

Well I hope they don't remove him completely. I hate it when game makers remove older content.

This is the dumbest most shortsighted thing I've read in a while. Things get cut from games ALL the time, for a variety of perfectly good reasons. My guess is that they decided this demon wasn't balanced very well, didn't playtest well or whatever, so they cut him out. Remember, the public were never meant to even know he existed.

You're essentially saying you want all the content ever designed or created for Doom to be in the final build in some way, with no regard to quality, and that's just childish.

the trailer was excellent. the official bfg reveal was cool, too bad they only used it on one enemy. there are people who wont realize it has another effect until maybe another trailer, unless they decided to cut that feature from the bfg or make it one of the 'mods'

AirRaid said:

Aaaaaand this is EXACTLY what I was talking about when I warned everyone that information found in the alpha leaks might not even be in the final game. Sucks to be you.

This is the dumbest most shortsighted thing I've read in a while. Things get cut from games ALL the time, for a variety of perfectly good reasons. My guess is that they decided this demon wasn't balanced very well, didn't playtest well or whatever, so they cut him out. Remember, the public were never meant to even know he existed.

You're essentially saying you want all the content ever designed or created for Doom to be in the final build in some way, with no regard to quality, and that's just childish.

Maybe I needed to be more clear; but you need to re-read what I wrote before you overheat. I said nothing about keeping balanced monsters in the game. I meant keeping old art assets for use as SnapMap content. Only short shortsightedness here is the developer who purges older shit. For instance, in War3, there was a lot of old models and shit taht were deleted for the new stuff (IE flaming tauren) and the mapping community flipped their shit when they couldn't use them. Now SC2's galaxy editor has most of the older and unused models within the editor. Granted some of them look dated, but it didn't stop people from updating the models themselves.