Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
capodecima

Summer is coming!

And with this is coming also my fav part, growing outside. :D Do you growing something? I have already planted some chilli and ofc also ready some weed. (for ointment only ofc ;D) I have been growing for more than 15 years already and its great.

My weed seeds i have ready for this season:
Mazar Boy
Super Shark
Great White Shark
Critical Burmese

my chilli seeds:
Jalapeno Mammoth
Naga Morich
Cayene F5

So you grower? :D

Are you talking about growing a garden? My mom used to grow one (mostly flowers) back at the old house...

"Let me tell you people what you need to know, you gotta plant a lotta seeds for ya weed to grow." -- prophet Fred Durst

I am looking forward to summer, though. I've already grown tired of the weather here in Portland, Oregon, and its summers are a nice respite from the gray-wet norm.

I *hate* spring and summer with a passion because of the warm weather. 60°+ is just too hot for my liking. But regardless, I might try making a small herb garden on my balcony this year. Probably stuff I use the most, like basil and oregano. Also probably catnip, because that stuff makes AWESOME tea (plus we have cats). And maybe a small chili plant, whatever the hottest seed I can find.

I always grow several tomato plants in a couple big containers. Last year was a good crop. Got a compost pile going in the back yard. When the time comes in a few months I'll feel more like planting that stuff. Right now it's rainy and cold.

capodecima said:

Summer is coming!

Yay! I guess that year will be quite abnormal. I mean something wrong with weather, I don't remember that was some snow and was so cold at March in Krasnodar (Russia). But i god damn remember that last summer was quite hot, really really hot.

Growing? eh... Will take experiments in it.

capodecima said:

So you grower? :D

That's what the ladies tell me.

yukib1t said:

I *hate* spring and summer with a passion because of the warm weather. 60°+ is just too hot for my liking. But regardless, I might try making a small herb garden on my balcony this year. Probably stuff I use the most, like basil and oregano. Also probably catnip, because that stuff makes AWESOME tea (plus we have cats). And maybe a small chili plant, whatever the hottest seed I can find.

I've been trying to plant peppers for years. Nothing special, just Jalapeños. Then Alabama weather decides to have a near-freeze and my plants die instantly. They're some of the weakest plants I've ever tried to grow.

yukib1t said:

I *hate* spring and summer with a passion because of the warm weather. 60°+ is just too hot for my liking.

adapt to it then

I'm thinking of growing an angel's trumpet. Beautiful flowers that can make your nightmares a reality.

I actually went outside for a hike in the hills last week because the weather was warm and I ended up twisting the fuck out of my ankle.

Nature hates me. I'm just going to stare wistfully at the blue sky through my window, thank you.

I'd love to eventually have my own allotment and grow my own vegetables. If i could get a frequent healthy batch of potatoes, carrots, red onions and garlic i'd be set.

It should've been Autumn where I am almost a month ago, I'm just about tired of this extended summer.

HavoX said:

adapt to it then

Given that I've lived in Colorado for all 32 years of my life (minus half a year in Japan), I'd say I've given adapting to it a good attempt. What I need to do is move :-/

dethtoll said:

Man, fuck summer.

This, 1000 times this. It's only Spring here and we've already had days where the temp has reached the mid 80's. Not looking forward to Summer at all.

Wovenloaf said:

"Let me tell you people what you need to know, you gotta plant a lotta seeds for ya weed to grow." -- prophet Fred Durst

I am looking forward to summer, though. I've already grown tired of the weather here in Portland, Oregon, and its summers are a nice respite from the gray-wet norm.

Newport represent.

Just kidding it sucks here get me out.

RUSH said:

Angel's Trumpets smell like moldy old leather. AKA shit. One that size would smell pretty nasty.

You probably mean jimson weed, brugmansia has a sweet-ish smell.

yukib1t said:

Given that I've lived in Colorado for all 32 years of my life (minus half a year in Japan), I'd say I've given adapting to it a good attempt. What I need to do is move :-/

You should move to Missouri then.

Nah, I'm just kidding. You probably wouldn't like it here, either. :P

I don't want summer! Unfortunately, in summer (july and august in particular) I have some sort of allergy to some plants. Really horrible, I sneeze a lot and my eyes and ears itch. Holy shit, they itch so hard, it becomes a real torture. And drinking pills doesn't help much.

I hate Summer..because mosquitoes, hot weather and sweating.

Yes, even New York/Long Island gets hot sometimes.

Summer can be a pain. Like you guys said, biting insects, allergies, sweating, humidity, yard work, sasquatches..... I prefer the Fall months myself.

Stygian said:

I actually went outside for a hike in the hills last week because the weather was warm and I ended up twisting the fuck out of my ankle.

Nature hates me. I'm just going to stare wistfully at the blue sky through my window, thank you.

Nature doesn't hate you, your bones hate you.

joe-ilya said:

Nature doesn't hate you, your bones hate you.

I was just trying to get some vitamin D. Apparently, my bones don't know what's good for them.