Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CreamCheese

Doom 2016 Monsters for Doom? Possible?

Yep, making sprites out of models is possible, if not you may just take several screenshots for each monsters, cut sprites out of them, and replace existing game monster sprites with them (Just like it was done before with Doom 3) .

doomero-21 said:

because i not finished yet the buy menu.

That's the only reason? .....Wait a second, there's a buy menu? Couldn't you just copy the DECORATE code from some of Xenoxol's mods? Or at least reverse engineer it?

Anyway, the mod's really cool and I hope Doom Emulation Version 02 gets finished at some point.... I'm really looking forward to fighting those 100+ monster variants, using your smoother weapon animations that you and AlphaEnt made, and other cool stuff! =D

DoomzRules said:

That's the only reason? .....Wait a second, there's a buy menu? Couldn't you just copy the DECORATE code from some of Xenoxol's mods? Or at least reverse engineer it?

It's called "an ACS Script" and is usually made "Manually" .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

It's called "an ACS Script" and is usually made "Manually" .

Oh.... =P

Silly old me. I guess I get stuff mixed up from time to time. Thanks for catching that. =3

Oh and do you think Doom Emulation Version 02 will ever be released in our lifetimes?

Or is it like Half-Life 3... *shudders*

Let's just hope it's like Black Mesa.... done when it's done.

doomero-21 said:

I think the buy menu can wait, but i not saw Sahzalpabael since the last month. Almost i made contact with Alphaent.

Hmm... I guess the mod team is a bit split at the moment it seems? Eh, that's a bit unfortunate. Well, could you see if you could try and contact Sahzalpabael possibly? I mean did you guys give each other Skype names? Phone numbers? Anything really?

It's just the mod (Doom Emulation) was a blast to play, and since I've heard the news of a new version supposed to be released... I'm pretty fucking excited man!

=D

I <3 your Doom 3 mod for Doom 2. Only thing is, I wish it was just weapons and no monster replacements. It's a great mod nonetheless. =)

Sahzalpabael is back, he balanced the monsters and Alphaent is trying to compress the music, including new sounds and remove unusual. So that mean the mod is active.

doomero-21 said:

Sahzalpabael is back, he balanced the monsters and Alphaent is trying to compress the music, including new sounds and remove unusual. So that mean the mod is active.

=D

Don't want to sound like an bother but....

When could we expect a release? =3

On a personal level, I'd be more inclined to go for sprite recreations of the new DOOM monsters, done in such a way that they can stand side-by-side with the D1/2 originals without clashing. There was a project that did that for the Doom3 monsters, but it has never been finished.

check zdoom forum. Sahzalpabael released a new update, but not include the buy menu, that will be for the next update.

doomero-21 said:

check zdoom forum. Sahzalpabael released a new update, but not include the buy menu, that will be for the next update.

I just checked it out. My only gripe is that whenever I shoot an enemy with a pistol, shotgun, or something.... if I shoot an enemy in the Doom Emulation Monster Pack, there is a black screen that keeps popping up.

Did you guys forget to code in the "Brutal_Blood"? Or the "Ketchup Blood"? If you guys are having issues with it, perhaps SGTMarkIV might be able to help. Just saying.... =P

scalliano said:

On a personal level, I'd be more inclined to go for sprite recreations of the new DOOM monsters, done in such a way that they can stand side-by-side with the D1/2 originals without clashing. There was a project that did that for the Doom3 monsters, but it has never been finished.

But here's the big time question, what would be modern id/Bethesda's stance on pixel sprite recreations of the new demon designs? I'm not sure what to think of it after the recent incidents with the info leaks and how they held (and still do) some info with a bit of secrecy.

What if a project, completely free-of-charge and still dependent of the IWADs, is released for the general public while the new game is out there? What would be their reaction? Would it be a 'it's fine as long as they don't know' kind of deal, or what?

I'm looking forward to sprite recreations. theres nothing wrong with replications. plus it's doom and a mod. then the maps! it'll be doom within doom ;)

IMX said:

But here's the big time question, what would be modern id/Bethesda's stance on pixel sprite recreations of the new demon designs? I'm not sure what to think of it after the recent incidents with the info leaks and how they held (and still do) some info with a bit of secrecy.

What if a project, completely free-of-charge and still dependent of the IWADs, is released for the general public while the new game is out there? What would be their reaction? Would it be a 'it's fine as long as they don't know' kind of deal, or what?

As long as they aren't using assets ripped from the new game, I can't see the issue, especially if the sprites are edited versions of the UD/DII originals. It would be less prone to a potential C+D than the Emulation project, that's for sure :P

scalliano said:

As long as they aren't using assets ripped from the new game, I can't see the issue, especially if the sprites are edited versions of the UD/DII originals. It would be less prone to a potential C+D than the Emulation project, that's for sure :P

Yeah... but theres rips of COD guns/ etc within Doom mods already, so how is this any different?