Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AD_79

Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions series demos [-complevel 9]

Session 20 Map 1 UV-Max in 0:28. (walter confalonieri)
Map 1 Pacifist in 0:26.
Map 2 UV-Max in 0:38. (Mugsy)
Map 2 Pacifist in 0:07.
Map 3 Pacifist in 0:19. (Brezeep)
Map 6 UV-Max in 0:55. (FuzzballFox)
Map 6 Pacifist in 0:10.
Map 8 UV-Max in 0:38. (Altazimuth)
Map 8 Pacifist in 0:11.
Map 9 Pacifist in 0:24. (gaspe)
Map 10 UV-Max in 2:05. (ArmouredBlood)
Map 10 Pacifist in 0:11.
Map 12 UV-Speed in 0:13. (Jaws in Space)

shock_aby20.zip

No, seriously. You need iddqd to defeat these levels.

So here am I, playing ASS slowly and firmly. These demos are not FDAs, but rather a successful attempt after hours of practice.

This is the first one, a UV-max demo of ASS 1 MAP01 (MAP02 included as well, but it's not a pistol start so it doesn't count)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w4trirsax8c08e8/ass101.zip

I hope you enjoy! I'll do MAP02 as quickly as I can.

ass101.zip

May I request you and other people who post demos here to write not only the map number but also the map author's name directly into their post with the demo? I am - and I can imagine other people thinking the same - particularly interested in watching demos of my own maps, but mostly don't remember out of my head which map number in which session was mine, or I might be interested in watching a demo of another author's map which I probably remembered more by the author's name (and theme) than by map slot in the final compilation, so it'd be nice if the posts noted whose map's speedrun was just posted. You know, the ASS wads are specific by including many maps by many people, more than other typical wads do, that's why I'd particularly appreciate it here of all places in the demos subforum.

In fact, a brief note of what were the map's or session's themes would be nice too, as that's more likely to make people recall the particular session and particular map than the session's number and map's number without context, but that's admittedly a little less important.

^^

m21 (scifista) - UV-max in 4:00

Not sure if it was a joke-map or not, but I got a kick out of this map's attitude. that final room, in particular :p

ab26-21-400.zip

Cool. Looks who's recording demos again. :)

Here's a failed demo with a couple of ideas. Pretty slow in places, since I'm not familiar with the map. (I'm not going to try to get a better time myself, since it's a #hardmap.)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kqs2x6aiftqhtug/abyspe26_21_x.lmp

1. YOLO avy switch rush at the start. Ideally you should shoot some of the revs (w/o killing them) while waiting for the avy to come though. And don't bump into the walls, lol. This part is pretty luckbased unfortunately, but it gets some good infighting going.

2. Noble meatshielding at the end with the revs. Apparently you can't shoot the knights though, otherwise they don't aggro against the revs. This probably makes it more survivable I guess, and might even be scifista's intended idea.

Good demos! A couple notes to my recently discussed map:
1. It's not a jokemap.
2. The intended strategy for the final encounter was to kill Hell nobles first, then spam SSG against the Revenants while aggressively bumping into them with the player's own body and dance around them to make the front Revs perform vain melee attacks and keep them from advancing forward and cornering the player faster than he can kill them all. I managed to actually do it myself after about 40 failed attempts with a save right before unleashing the Revs, but I knew it will work when making the room.

rdwpa said:

^ Map 02 (4shockblast) UV-Max in 1:40

Lots of sloppy combat pays off. Phew at the ending.

Cool. :)

Since everyone has been avoiding my speed/platforming challenges, I'll fill one in. Session 25 map 18 UV-Speed in 0:17. Bonus runs in 18.20 and 18.31 without wallruns and without strafe50 and only an accidental short wallrun (guess this was way too easy ;). Also, bonus exit where the barrel chain didn't explode for some reason.