Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

DAY OF DOOM(TM) MARCH 29TH!!!!!!

Put down those March Madness brackets and get ready for some really intense competition, because America’s biggest college basketball tournament is about to meet its match. Join us on March 29 at 3:00 pm PT for the hellaciously blood-soaked Day of DOOM. Professional athletes and YouTube stars will pair up and take each other on in DOOM’s brutal, fast-faced multiplayer, and it will all be livestreamed for the first time ever right here. Watch as Rob Gronkowski, Antonio Brown, Chad “Ochocinco” Johnson and Thierry Henry team up with iJustine, SSSniperWolf and Rooster Teeth’s Adam Kovic and Michael Jones as they attempt to utterly obliterate and humiliate each other.

PREPARE YOURSELVES!!!

this trailer is really cool and funny - but I really don't want to watch some celebs I don't even know playing doom - actually I don't want to watch anyone playing this game as long as I can't play it

RoosterTeeth and other big names, doesn't interest me at all.

Glaice said:

RoosterTeeth and other big names, doesn't interest me at all.

How about AlphaOmegaSin and Archfiend? What do they think about Doom?

Guys. They're not trying to market towards the hardcore doom fans who have likely already decided to get the game. These youtubers have massive fan bases. This is good, very good. It's bringing in more players.

RUSH said:

AlphaOmegaSin is a pathetic poser asshole trying too hard to look like a metalhead. Not to mention his pointless rants.

How do people even know who or what "iJustine", "SSSniperWolf", "Rooster Teeth", "AlphaOmegaSin", or "Archfiend" are? This is a serious question. How does some random Youtuber gain enough of a following that people feel comfortable just referring to them without any sort of prefacing explanation of who they are? Is it entirely word of mouth? Is it just something that you pick up by osmosis if you spend enough time in millennial / post-millennial online hangouts?

Linguica said:

How do people even know who or what "iJustine", "SSSniperWolf", "Rooster Teeth", "AlphaOmegaSin", or "Archfiend" are? This is a serious question. How does some random Youtuber gain enough of a following that people feel comfortable just referring to them without any sort of prefacing explanation of who they are? Is it entirely word of mouth? Is it just something that you pick up by osmosis if you spend enough time in millennial / post-millennial online hangouts?

Bit of everything. But honestly... sometimes you don't need to be redundant and explain shit that is a Google away.
Your question is like asking how people know who Brad Pitt is, I mean really?

Anyway, the only one I know is rooster teeth because they did red vs blue. They're responsible for making machinima popular (I think?)

.... I'm a bit disappointed they didn't invite any prominent Doom Youtubers on...

=(

Would it really have hurt to invite TerminusEst13? Glaice (aka Mr. Chris)? GoatLord I know has a Youtube channel, why couldn't they really invite anyone from the Doom community?

Seriously, the only people I really know from this list are AlphaOmegaSin and RoosterTeeth.

Could they not invite TeamFourStar? Game Theory? The Completionist? PeanutButterGamer? People like that? Would it kill the organizers to do that?

AlphaOmegaSin I like to watch sometimes.... but then sometimes he will just devolve into random rants lol.

RoosterTeeth is pretty awesome, I love Red vs. Blue, it's the only reason I bought an Xbox One three times in a row, before finally giving up on the Xbox One completely and going over hopefully to the Playstation 4.

Halo 5 was complete shit compared to Halo 3 or 2.....

I don't know why people praise Halo 5 so much... hell even Halo 4 is better.

I only got an Xbox for Halo because I thought I could basically relive out Red vs. Blue... turns out that's not the case. It's mostly people playing COD, Destiny, and god knows what....

It's just....

It's horrible man.

So glad I left the Xbox One and Xbox Live... I always have to resist the urge to get an Xbox whenever I watch Red vs. Blue though... I swear it's like subliminal messaging to remind me of the good ol' days of Halo.

Anyway, I'm kinda excited but kinda not. If it's new gameplay footage, by all means.

If it's the same old maps, same shit... I'm just going to say this...

WHY BETHESDA? WHY DOES BETHESDA REFUSE TO SHOW US ANY SINGLE-PLAYER CONTENT? NOT EVEN THE FIRST MAP? OR A COOL LITTLE E1M1 REMAKE OR SOMETHING?

THAT'D BE COOL IMHO!

MAYBE EVEN A STAGING AREA REMAKE FROM DOOM 64 WOULD BE NICE!

SOMETHING! ANYTHING BUT THE SAME MULTIPLAYER NEWS!!!! YAARRGGH!

*proceeds to rant on about how Bethesda keeps showing off multiplayer and keeps only talking about multiplayer, conveniently ignoring SnapMap and single player until launch*

TheWizard said:

Anyway, the only one I know is rooster teeth because they did red vs blue. They're responsible for making machinima popular (I think?)

Yea that's them. They became a production company and got really big and started doing promotional stuff for game publishers. They probably have a contract with Bethesda seeing how they did the same thing for fallout 4.

RUSH said:

I rather angrywhitemetalhead rather not be in anything ever

RUSH said:

Who cares what they think? Its your own opinion that matters.

What if they actually have something special to surprise us Doom fans with when it comes to single player? Do you tell your kids what you got them for Christmas before the big day just because they really want to know? What if they do care about us and want it to be special and a SURPRISE? After all... they're making a new fucking DOOM!!! Now quit bitching

mistercow said:

Yea that's them. They became a production company and got really big and started doing promotional stuff for game publishers. They probably have a contract with Bethesda seeing how they did the same thing for fallout 4.

I rather angrywhitemetalhead rather not be in anything ever

XDD I'm the polar opposite of that. I'm the chill white mixed with some other stuff metalhead. =3

mistercow said:

They probably have a contract with Bethesda seeing how they did the same thing for fallout 4.

I hope a reviewer doesn't give Doom a three out of five or Bethesda Rooster Teeth will be on their ass.

My goodness, if that trailer is any indication, I'll essentially be watching my sister's friend's unfunny roommates pretend to have a clue about my favorite game of all time. I'm feeling like Marge at the moment. "I don't know what you have planned for tonight Homer, but count me out."

GoatLord said:

My goodness, if that trailer is any indication, I'll essentially be watching my sister's friend's unfunny roommates pretend to have a clue about my favorite game of all time. I'm feeling like Marge at the moment. "I don't know what you have planned for tonight Homer, but count me out."

It seems like they just pick people who don't know shit about Doom to play Doom... great way of promoting the game Bethesda...

God it makes me sick... real sick. I just don't know what the fuck went through their heads to get people that don't even play Doom or know what is Doom to even be nominated.... let alone selected for this God-awful video stream....

Why don't they pick people from the Doom community? Why don't they make videos or events that are for Doom fans.... BY DOOM FANS?

Why does it have to be sports jocks? Or random Youtubers who haven't a clue what Doom is?

Seriously? What is Bethesda playing at? Do they honestly think that people are going to be intrigued by Doom just because they get brainless sheep to play Doom?

..... I feel like puking, but instead of doing that I think I'm just going to play the original Doom with no mods.... none at all. Literally none. Just plain old Doom on the GZDoom source port.....

DoomzRules said:

Why don't they pick people from the Doom community? Why don't they make videos or events that are for Doom fans.... BY DOOM FANS?

Cause no one knows who those people are

mistercow said:

Cause no one knows who those people are

:(

Seriously, they couldn't grab anyone of us and use us for the Doom promotional stuff?

Seriously? At least have actual gamers who know how to play the damn game... the E3 Demo was played by some inept person who had no idea how to play Doom. The Conan video showed off some new campaign bits... but again they had no idea how to play the game either.... and now?

This is the icing on the cake we get from Bethesda? God it just makes me so sick.... why? Why do they do this to us?

Do they like making us cringe? Do they like making us wish we were playing instead of some low-IQ imbeciles who don't even know what the fuck a secret area is?

Do they like making us think of the good ol' days of Quake and Doom and how much fun we had, and how we are good at those games, and how we would totally own everyone in a heartbeat if we could?

.... It's stuff like this that makes me question whether or not the people in the marketing department have a brain...

Oh and would it be so hard to use Cover B as the main cover and Cover A with the cool Icon of Sin as the inside of the cover so it looks like a badass metal CD?

Just saying.....

There was once a time when no one knew what Doom was, and then they played it at some point, having no idea what it was. We were all there. Why it's suddenly a crime that there's still peple who haven't found X is beyond me, other than the possibility that you are actually retarded.

Winged_Warrior said:

AlphaOmegaSin is a pathetic poser asshole trying too hard to look like a metalhead. Not to mention his pointless rants.

Linguica said:

Otus said:

Who cares what they think? Its your own opinion that matters.

Guys, that was supposed to be the joke. But yeah, I guess it wasn't even remotely obvious lol. My bad. I was trying to poke fun at Glaice because in a previous thread about the Fine Bros he kept referencing AlphaOmegaSin and it was getting on the nerves of everyone there. Myself included. This was supposed to be an inside joke "insult" but it backfired and made me look like a dumbass. Whoops...

For the record, I don't give a single shit what they say.