Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

People = Dumb (proof)

So everyone's worst-case scenario came true, 10-year-old girls Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman had indeed been murdered and dumped just outside a lonely airfield near their home town of Soham in Cambridgeshire, England. This story had dominated the media for two weeks over here.

Today in the newspaper we get (The Mail) they reveal that a poll shows 55% of Britons want the death penalty brought back for child killers. Well, isn't this progress? In an age where we have proven that 99% of paedophiles are brain-damaged (they typically have an underdeveloped node lower side of the brain) and mentally are totally instable we decide the best way to deal with these people who desperately need help is to kill them?

Three things anger me here. Leastly, that people can be so short-sighted and emotional and therefore flippant when makeing such a statement (hence supporting my theory that the populus is collectively fucking stupid). Secondly and much more so, that some slimy bastard somewhere has worded this poll specifcally to deal with child killers, right after the emotional open wound of this week, purely for sensationalist measure and totally inconsiderate to those poor parents of the kids, and as if taking one life were any different to taking another. And thirdly that we still have and can't get past this issue whereby if we cannot solve something, we deem it best to eliminate it, because we assume we know best, and that we can play God as a society with life.

Where is the civility in this civilisation if we don't even try to develop ways to help these people? How many of them do we have to kill, when with genetic detection and pre-emptive assessment, we might have prevented them from ever offending in the first place? Don't get me wrong, of course I think these people should be kept away from the public until it is without doubt proven they are no longer a danger, but when will we actually treat the bloody illness, and not the symptoms?

As far as I'm concerned, if this poll is an accurate meter, and btw I'm not saying it is, then we are guilty of a gross hypocrisy.

Word Pritch.

The best thing about this case is the media's reaction. Oh how many papers were sold because they had a sad little picture on the front, all the while editors praying to God that the case would drag on for months in order to maximise profits.

The girls were kidnapped.

The media kicks up the mother of all shitstorms.

Kidnappers panic, slash the girls up and dump them.

How many times have we seen this pattern?

And yes, the public is stupid. My step dad (asshole) was watching the 6 o'clock news where is was revealed that Suspect #1 is in a mental hospital and suspect #2 is still under questioning.

"String the bastards up!" sayeth the grey moustached git.

"But they havn't even been proven guilty yet..."

"Disnae matter, the fuckers get what they deserve."

Such is the power of mass media over retards.

pritch, you are right on the money. I don't think I've seen a smarter rant anywhere, let alone doomworld. I'd add something to it, but I’d just be repeating bits of your statement.

The only people wh deserve the death penalty are mass murderers/serial killers like Charles Manson or Ted Bundy or that Yates guy. These people are clearly psychotic beyond all help and will only help themselves and society by being removed from this existance. Otherwise, the death penalty is not a very fair sentance and is extremely overused. Most people convicted for murder feel remorse for their actions years later if not almost immediately. A few years in lockup to think about their actions should suffice. After this, it is probably unlikely they will ever kill again.

The whole system is fucked.

I'm undecided on this issue. I don't live in the UK, but similiar events have been happening in the US. Everytime I think about this, I come back to the same question I asked Pritch.

Oh well, that's just what I think.

the_Danarchist said:

These people are clearly psychotic beyond all help and will only help themselves and society by being removed from this existance.

hypocrisy

the_Danarchist said:

A few years in lockup to think about their actions should suffice. After this, it is probably unlikely they will ever kill again.

Good lord, you must be kidding! An adult kidnaps, tortures, rapes and murders over hours or days and a few years in lockup will fix that? Not at all, such a person has mental disfunction that must be locked away from the public forever. If someone did that stuff to my daughter, I'd kill him myself if I could.

A few years in lockup may be OK for manslaughter, murder in the second degree, if between equals such as two men fight and one dies but not by intent.

I believe that in the majority of cases, intentional, pathological murderers cannot really be helped after the time they begin their assaults on our civilization. They are outta' here for many decades in lockup, not a few years. Or, we can save some money and.....

The whole world is fucked and it's just going to keep becoming more fucked and there really isn't a whole lot we can do about it. That is all.

Gandalf says:
Many who live deserve death. Many who die deserve life. Can you give it to them?

Heed the words of the wizard.

You've always got to be careful when it comes to the death penalty 'cos you can almost never be sure that someone is 100% guilty.

I don't go for the "So what if some innocents die to get at the guilty?" line of thought.

Biffy said:

Good lord, you must be kidding! An adult kidnaps, tortures, rapes and murders over hours or days and a few years in lockup will fix that? Not at all, such a person has mental disfunction that must be locked away from the public forever. If someone did that stuff to my daughter, I'd kill him myself if I could.

A few years in lockup may be OK for manslaughter, murder in the second degree, if between equals such as two men fight and one dies but not by intent.

I believe that in the majority of cases, intentional, pathological murderers cannot really be helped after the time they begin their assaults on our civilization. They are outta' here for many decades in lockup, not a few years. Or, we can save some money and.....

In majority of cases, they DO feel remorse. add to that, that there is alway the chance that there innocent. what really discust is the "Or, we can save some money and....." statment. that is completly moronic.

As a parent, my gut feeling is always to kill the bastard, but sanity returns and I say "If guilty, they should spend the rest of their life in gaol or a mental ward". No early release 'coz some stupid kid with a degree in whatever says he is no longer a threat. Well excuse me! I don't care if he is a threat, he did it once, he ain't gonna get the chance to do it again.

Ct_red_pants said:

In majority of cases, they DO feel remorse. add to that, that there is alway the chance that there innocent. what really discust is the "Or, we can save some money and....." statment. that is completly moronic.

It makes no difference whether someone feels remorse if in fact they have committed a horrible crime which they enacted over hours or days, that's plenty of time to come to one's senses. We have a set of laws to protect us from the behavior of those who may feel remorse but who will also go ahead and jack you up. The laws may have some deterrent value, but they have to be enforced to have any meaning.

Of course this all presumes that the proof of guilt is overwhelming, not that there is just a "good chance" of guilty. The standards of proof for the most heavily-punished crimes should be top notch.

Death penalty - not all will agree about the use of this, I'm OK with putting people away for life, no parole, the society protection function is served. I'm also OK with death for the likes of Timothy McVeigh and child murder-rapists. Let the jury decide.

Why do pepole cofuse "I don't support the death penalty" with "I don't support jail"? Criminals need to be seporated from society. That's just common sence, but some can become decent people after they've paid there dues. but that dosn't mean we just open the prision door and say "I you promos you won't do it agian...".

Ct_red_pants said:

Why do pepole cofuse "I don't support the death penalty" with "I don't support jail"? Criminals need to be seporated from society. That's just common sence, but some can become decent people after they've paid there dues. but that dosn't mean we just open the prision door and say "I you promos you won't do it agian...".

Thats what I was trying to say.

Sooo... Speaking of the justice system and whatnot, some days ago or something, I saw an article in the local newspaper talking about the kid who shot up his school somewhere in Southern California and killed two people in the process. The kid made an emotional apology speech to the victims' family, the school, and the courtroom. After that, the judge sentenced him to 350 some odd years in prison! For god sake, shouldn't the dickhead have said life in prison without parole?!?!? How the hell can someone stay alive for that long?!? It would have been easier to understand life without parole, not 350+ years!!!

If I was the judge, I'd drop the charges, sentence the school or bullies to 90000000 uh, I mean life without parole, and then after that, sentence the kid to 1 year of phsyciactric help. It'll make things work... just for the kid, who in my book, is the real victim. If that doesn't work, I'd say, "Screw the system, you're all free to go and do whatever the hell you want, cause I'm the judge of this courtroom!!!! CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!"

That kid is going to be the bitch of the prison for the rest of his life.

Lizardcommando said:

If I was the judge, I'd drop the charges, sentence the school or bullies to 90000000 uh, I mean life without parole, and then after that, sentence the kid to 1 year of phsyciactric help. It'll make things work... just for the kid, who in my book, is the real victim. If that doesn't work, I'd say, "Screw the system, you're all free to go and do whatever the hell you want, cause I'm the judge of this courtroom!!!! CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!"

Just because the kid gets picked on, that doesn't give him the right to go blow away the assholes that do it. There are many other ways to deal with them. Period. There is a lot more that could be talked about on this particular issue, but that's the bottom line. And if you think otherwise you're an idiot.

gatewatcher said:

...And if you think otherwise you're an idiot.

Well, you got me there. The whole point, in which I fogot mention alot earlier in that thread is, "if a judge sentenced someone for a ridiclous amount of time like say around 1000 years, wouldn't it be easier to just say life without a possiblity of parole?"

When the judge hands down a sentence of 350 years, it's because that is the time that each of the individual convictions adds up too. He doesn't randomly give them out. That's why he doesn't just say "life in prison", because it's more complicated. Besides, what's the difference between saying 300 years and life? Does it matter that much, you know?

Ct_red_pants said:

Try telling that to the kid that has been raped by the person- "Oh yes, he did a terrible thing to you, stole your childhood, scarred you physically and mentally, but it's ok beause he feels sorry?"

By the time they feel remorse, it's usually because of the situations that they've faced in prison, not because they feel sorry for the victim IMO. Besides, why didn't they feel remorse when abusing the innocent kid?

*Can't even express how much child abuse and molesting ruffles her feathers.

I think any offender should have to sit in a room while the mother gets an unlimited amount of time to beat him with a steel bat.

Then take on the law of the goldfish:

If he dies, he dies. Flush him.

In America I think a life sentence means life with no parole? Whereas the blackguard would only serve around 10 years in the UK of a life sentence.

Livo said:

Try telling that to the kid that has been raped by the person- "Oh yes, he did a terrible thing to you, stole your childhood, scarred you physically and mentally, but it's ok beause he feels sorry?"

By the time they feel remorse, it's usually because of the situations that they've faced in prison, not because they feel sorry for the victim IMO. Besides, why didn't they feel remorse when abusing the innocent kid?

Uh, I was talking about murder. rape is a different kettle of fish.

fodders said:

In America I think a life sentence means life with no parole? Whereas the blackguard would only serve around 10 years in the UK of a life sentence.

Life means you cannot ever ever ever ever get out ever.