Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Serekay

Doom 2 - Holy Hell Revealed

Hello Doom World!

If you love Holy Hell and OkuV31.Wad may you could check out my Holy Hell Mod "Doom 2 - Holy Hell Revealed.wad" (Based on Holy Hell v1.1 by "JK" from 2006).

unfortunatly i never can Contact him to say thanks for his Map! I learned so mutch about Doom map building mechanics with this map.

It´s quite a lot longer and harder than the Original Holy Hell mapso have fun with this grinding mod!

Now "optional" with HD Textures from DHTP - Doom HighRes Texture Pack!

Features:

- increase monsters to about 41k + ammunation and powerups balancing changed.
- 8 new rooms with some traps, beatable with a good strategy
- some more secrets
- fixed some Bugs from Holy Hell v1.1
- changed Sound SFX
- (optional) changed to HD Textures from "DHTP - Doom HighRes Texture Pack"
- Change some map geometrics and textures

Please Note:

For this Map you have to use PRBOOM+ 2.5.1.4 and a fast PC!
Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/prboom-plus/

it´s also recommend to activate the option "fix clipping problems in large levels" to "yes" else you get massiv problems with clipping monsters!
You can find it under General > compatibility with common mapping errors (second to last page)

(Thanks to Keyboard_Doomer for this information!)

I play this map with freelook else you can´t shoot some Monsters because out of autoaim range.

You can Download the latest release here:

Doom 2 - Holy Hell Revealed v1.5 HD

Spoiler

downloade them from my Mega Account:

https://mega.nz/#F!qNJgmIoQ!C6q6CP07ZqMPt0CgpWZl6w

i will release some cool Maps within the next months!

Doom 2 - Holy Hell Revealed v1.5 SD

Spoiler

downloade them from my Mega Account:

https://mega.nz/#F!qNJgmIoQ!C6q6CP07ZqMPt0CgpWZl6w

i will release some cool Maps within the next months!

If you found any bugs or missing Textures, please report.

use different strategy for this Holy Hell version!
in last room you have to use all switches xD no more activate trought wall. so you have to kill each monster wave first ;)
I will add more decoration,texture changes and maybe new rooms if you like this version.

Screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/zcOnm

So lets record some Demos ;)

edit: 

after 3 Years of waiting there is a run for this map by cryoniq on Youtube (thanks a lot for this hard work!):

on my profile there are more maps i created

https://www.doomworld.com/profile/18563-serekay/?tab=field_core_pfield_1

Holy_Hell_Revealed_v1.5_SD.rar

Edited by Serekay

Yes with Russian Overkill you can beat it.

the cross-shaped platforms is not the hardest part in this Area....you will get a nice Suprise ;)

I release this beast in a few Day´s. first i should find out what´s wrong with this map in PRBoom.

If you gave us the WAD it would actually make it possible for us to test what's the problem and we would be able to provide you with some worthwhile help.

Try setting the option "fix clipping problems in large levels" to "yes". You can find it under General > compatibility with common mapping errors (second to last page).

I have no idea if there's a way to fix this without using this option (like shifting the whole map closer to the 0,0 coordinates or using a different node builder maybe...?).
If there isn't, I suppose it means that players can't record a demo for the WAD under -complevel 9 as for the original Holy Hell but have to use higher compatibility level (-complevel -1, I guess).

Keyboard_Doomer said:

If you gave us the WAD it would actually make it possible for us to test what's the problem and we would be able to provide you with some worthwhile help.

Try setting the option "fix clipping problems in large levels" to "yes". You can find it under General > compatibility with common mapping errors (second to last page).

I have no idea if there's a way to fix this without using this option (like shifting the whole map closer to the 0,0 coordinates or using a different node builder maybe...?).
If there isn't, I suppose it means that players can't record a demo for the WAD under -complevel 9 as for the original Holy Hell but have to use higher compatibility level (-complevel -1, I guess).

Yeah man you are incredible! I Spam Google for a solution but that works!

I will released this Map in a few hours.

Thanks for your help!

bug´s fixed and it´s now playable. look at first post for Download and Instruction about Engine to use.

found some bugs and has updated Wad, please use the latest on updated in first post. If you have downloaded please redownload the new version.

You should put a mirror or another download site, like Mediafire.com or Mega.nz

You're releasing multiple versions with the exact same file name. That's a bad idea. You need a version number as part of the file name.

I will upload multiple hoster tomorrow.

Yes your right i will do new version when changes will be. Version 1 is the first working Version.

Thanks for feedback

I tryed to contact the author (in Holy hell txt the author jk i think) but i dont get any response.
The original holy hell was Release 2006, may the author leave the szene?

Map updated now v1.3.
Screenshots added (sorry only links because Doomworld limit picture showing)

whats the best way to post pictures?

Serekay said:

whats the best way to post pictures?

Use Imgur, that's fine for it.
In right section you'll find BB-code for forums.

Your original file size was 4.5MB. The new version is 170MB. While it's a noble effort, I don't think the addition of HD textures is worth the huge increase in download size. When you have several dozen Cybers shooting at you from one side and several hundred Revenants shooting at you from the other side, you're not going to take the time to say "My, what a really good-looking Hi-Def wall that is."

Perhaps you could make the HD textures an optional download. Unless it's the entire DHTP. Then maybe just a link to that.

the file size is increased because i added all textures from DHTP to this wad for next map version. there will be more changes and not used texture will be deleted to make the file size smaller.

well good idea to have 2 versions, i added HD and SD wad in first post.

thanks for reply!

I like this except for the extremely long time I have to wait for a wall to lower to let me into the next area, only to have to wait again, and again. Could you make the wait times shorter?

Empyre said:

I like this except for the extremely long time I have to wait for a wall to lower to let me into the next area, only to have to wait again, and again. Could you make the wait times shorter?

Yes your right in some areas it's still not optimized only for non cheating gameplay.
I did some tests to make shure you have to kill all Monsters bevor you can reach the next area. Wich rooms did you mean?

I mean all the rooms with them walls that make you wait. I made a version of holyhellv1.5 with reduced waiting times, but I haven't released it because I couldn't make nodes for it, and I tried all the node builders I could find.

Okay i didnt touch any waiting time for floors from holy hell v1.1 because without cheats you need more time for killing monsters.

Maybe i can change this.

Can you release your Version? So I can take a look to your Version.

I sent you a pm with a link. If you can build nodes for it, go ahead and credit yourself for that in the WADINFO and release it.

Guys, you can't modify someone else's wad and release it publicly without their permission (holyhell txt file says you need author's permission).

Serekay said:

I tryed to contact the author (in Holy hell txt the author jk i think) but i dont get any response.
The original holy hell was Release 2006, may the author leave the szene?

I cant contact him so what should i do now?