Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

DAY OF DOOM(TM) MARCH 29TH!!!!!!

Linguica said:

How do people even know who or what "iJustine", "SSSniperWolf", "Rooster Teeth", "AlphaOmegaSin", or "Archfiend" are? This is a serious question. How does some random Youtuber gain enough of a following that people feel comfortable just referring to them without any sort of prefacing explanation of who they are? Is it entirely word of mouth? Is it just something that you pick up by osmosis if you spend enough time in millennial / post-millennial online hangouts?

Linguica, you old fogey, don't you know anything about today's gaming generation? But in all seriousness, the way you get big on youtube as far as gaming goes is by understanding that people follow youtubers based on one of two criteria: 1) I'd like to have a beer with this person or 2) I'd like to have sex with this person. Once you figure this out regarding your target audience, you're golden. Good luck with your youtube career.

DoomzRules said:

:(

Seriously, they couldn't grab anyone of us and use us for the Doom promotional stuff?

Half the people here have severe acne and the other half neck beards. Nobody wants to see them on Youtube. And why would they bother featuring people from here anyway? 99% of the place has already pre-ordered the game.

TheGamePhilosophe said:

Half the people here have severe acne and the other half neck beards. Nobody wants to see them on Youtube. And why would they bother featuring people from here anyway? 99% of the place has already pre-ordered the game.

Have you EVEN checked the Post Pictures of yourself thread?

A lot of the Doom community is good-looking... we aren't the COD community buddy. =)

BluePineapple72 said:

If we had to pick a doomworld doomer to be in this, I would definitely pick Linguica

I would pick myself, if it's what it takes to play the game :v

I have a strong prejudice that all these people are going to suck at the game. Are these youtubers even gamers? I don't know if making people who suck at first person shooters play a first person shooter is a good idea for marketing porpuses.

Xerge said:

I have a strong prejudice that all these people are going to suck at the game. Are these youtubers even gamers?

Don't even bother yourself asking, ignore them .

RUSH said:

Guys, that was supposed to be the joke. But yeah, I guess it wasn't even remotely obvious lol. My bad. I was trying to poke fun at Glaice because in a previous thread about the Fine Bros he kept referencing AlphaOmegaSin and it was getting on the nerves of everyone there. Myself included. This was supposed to be an inside joke "insult" but it backfired and made me look like a dumbass. Whoops...

For the record, I don't give a single shit what they say.

Don't worry, I'm not annoyed. I'm surprised iAttentionWhoreJustine is still trying to be relevant on Youtube who barely knows gaming and it's sadder when controllers are being used, not keyboards and mice.

Glaice said:

it's sadder when controllers are being used, not keyboards and mice.

Real men go mouseless keyboard.

Glaice said:

Don't worry, I'm not annoyed.

Ah okay I was hoping not. It was only meant to be a harmless joke but it kind of went south lol.

I expect the same level of "quality gameplay" from Conan's DOOM skit to be present in this. There's only one or two people there who I expect to play well, or even have a remote clue as to what's going on.
If anything, I'm worried this will just be more bad marketing, showing the game being played incorrectly.

They could have chosen some better named people and not clueless gits like iJustine. I mean shit, even I wouldn't care if Markiplier* or even Pewds* was in the video. They would at least represent a gamer better, or shit even TB as well.

*Not a fan of either guys, hence don't care for them.

They chose them due to the huge amount of subscribers they have, which translates to (possibly) more sales. It doesn't matter how good they are at video games, it's about getting a "casual" consumer interested in Doom. The typical hardcore gamer who is interested has it pre-ordered or is going go buy it anyway.

Doomkid was wondering if we'd see some humour in the game similar to the humor found in the classic games instead of taking itself too serious, I guess we can see something of that here.

there's an awful lot of negativity in this thread. The video is obviously marketing and it doesn't need to appeal to most of you. Have you all forgotten the goal of this game is introducing doom to a new audience?

Doom is a new IP in some ways and bethesda/ID are treating it as if it were. The marketing can only be good for the game, people who were already going to buy doom were going to do so without this video.

looking forward to footage.

Macho Man Randy Savage would've been perfect for narrating this video.

PS: none of these Youtubers make me excited about this, it's clearly marketed towards the "filthy casuals".

Moon Marin said:

there's an awful lot of negativity in this thread. The video is obviously marketing and it doesn't need to appeal to most of you.

Ah, yes.
It doesn't need to appeal to a large portion of the target audience.
Why should it do that?

You are kidding yourself if you think that the handful of people who post here are a "large part" of the target audience of any game. Even a new Doom.

The Civ said:

Ah, yes.
It doesn't need to appeal to a large portion of the target audience.
Why should it do that?

You and everyone else here already made up their mind about DOOM seeing as how you post on a sub forum dedicated to it. The people who tune into this event most likely have not

So basically this is going to amount to a lot of cannon fodder for us veterans. Good, I say!

I will be missing the livestream event due to work. Anyone know if we will be able to watch it after its over?

The video is clearly targeting more casual gamers so why just focus on the doom community? I'm sure they'll cater to casual gamers AND old school gamers so the game doesn't flop. Just because the majority of doomworld are veterans doesn't mean everyone should be. Let everyone have their own fun and lets not become self entitled pricks who wants the game to be specifically to be made for doom fans and JUST for doom fans just because we played the old ones and are still playing it.

I'm not so concerned with them appealing to causal gamers as I am that the youtubers they decided to choose for this had to be some of the most annoying/least entertaining ones out there. iJustine? SSSniperWolf? Really? I'll even take Pewdiepie over those two.

Marnetmar said:

I'm not so concerned with them appealing to causal gamers as I am that the youtubers they decided to choose for this had to be some of the most annoying/least entertaining ones out there. iJustine? SSSniperWolf? Really? I'll even take Pewdiepie over those two.

But they're hot man

First thing that came to my mind ... thats the worst acting i have ever seen. The fake laughing of the guy in the purple shirt was awful. Other than that, i dont care about if they are gamers, hardcore doom fans, celebs or whatever. I will watch it because i want to see some gameplay and hopefully the chainsaw in action.

Otus said:

First thing that came to my mind ... thats the worst acting i have ever seen. The fake laughing of the guy in the purple shirt was awful.

Yes it was. And also, did you notice that the tone of the entire short was stupid and over the top with a silly-voiced announcer? Wow, I wonder if everything was done to be total cheese intentionally or something.