Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mordecai32

More artbook of DOOM screen shots .

Has anyone noticed some similarities with the mars surface shot with the progression map from doom 1. Apart from the placements looking different it looks like a 3d version of it.

I remember reading in the Gameinformer article they said at the start of the game the player sees a shot of the mars surface and it looks familiar, I wonder if this is what they meant ?

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Yeah i saw those earlier last year, thought everyone else did .

Earlier last year ?

These concepts have been released about a month ago , from what i could find .

FUCK YEAH! I hadn't seen that hell illustration before. Damn if it doesn't straight up look like an update of Doom 64, right down to the fog (very Watch Your Step-esque) and hanging cages.

id always had one of the most talented artists in the video game industry, really, those guy should be celebs!

mordecai32 said:

Earlier last year ?

These concepts have been released about a month ago , from what i could find .

Well, my memory is a bit blurry .

The Cyberdemon looks as if he was standing up straight like a proud soldier from hell instead of being hunched like a dumb fat lazy bastard.

Xerge said:

The Cyberdemon looks as if he was standing up straight like a proud soldier from hell instead of being hunched like a dumb fat lazy bastard.

his right leg is also cybernetic, i think i like this cyberdemon tbh

Eh, The demons invaded UAC Base, used their equipments and learned how to use them, that's how it looks like , i believe it's true :v .

HellVain said:

So uhh... Hell's demonic army and UAC's augmented demons? That sounds awesome....

From what I understand, there is a Dr. Olivia Pierce at the UAC Mars base who has struck a deal with the demons. I assume that entails giving hells forces a modern update so to speak. I remember reading that somewhere, maybe someone can clear that up for me.

Piper Maru said:

From what I understand, there is a Dr. Olivia Pierce at the UAC Mars base who has struck a deal with the demons. I assume that entails giving hells forces a modern update so to speak. I remember reading that somewhere, maybe someone can clear that up for me.

Maybe the Lazarus waves and revenants are part of UAC experimenting with resurrection, and that brought demons to our world. Perhaps the spire in the campaign trailer with the red beam is source of the Lazarus waves and also a portal to hell.

LANEGRACABRA said:

Maybe the Lazarus waves and revenants are part of UAC experimenting with resurrection, and that brought demons to our world. Perhaps the spire in the campaign trailer with the red beam is source of the Lazarus waves and also a portal to hell.

Very interesting. I know it's been stated that story is not a focus in Doom, as expected, but it will be available for those that are interested. I wonder what kind of mythology the new Doom will have.

HellVain said:

So uhh... Hell's demonic army and UAC's augmented demons? That sounds awesome....

Yeah the UAC has been experimenting on Demons I think, trying to weaponise them probably. Which sounds like a solid plan with no possible downsides.

The female voice in 2014 teaser (Dr. Pierce I presume) made it sound like the demons emerging was not intentional ("instead we let them in"). "Powerful technology with infinite possibilities" could refer to the Argent and Lazarus stuff.

That plasma gun looks like an evolution of the D3 plasma gun, it gives me a vibe of the D3's one, it looks similar.
And lol at the zombie engineer, i wonder how did he get that oxygen bottle attached to his torso.

J.B.R said:

That plasma gun looks like an evolution of the D3 plasma gun, it gives me a vibe of the D3's one, it looks similar.
And lol at the zombie engineer, i wonder how did he get that oxygen bottle attached to his torso.

It seems to me, the unwilling/formers humans have merged with their armor and equipment.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the cyberdemon's "skin." It doesn't convey a sense of texture the way the other demons do. It looks too...smooth? Eh, I dunno. It's weird that its design is still bugging me, when I've been trying to accept it ever since it first appeared in the E3 footage...

Also, funny that Hell's armor would need updating, because I figured a place like Hell was timeless. In either case, the differences between armor types in the mancubus is really interesting, so hopefully most of the enemies will have variants.

AirRaid said:

Yeah the UAC has been experimenting on Demons I think, trying to weaponise them probably. Which sounds like a solid plan with no possible downsides.

Thats sounds cooler than i anticipated. Using demons for experiments and add weapons of mass destruction in their bodies, what could go wrong right?

GoatLord said:

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the cyberdemon's "skin." It doesn't convey a sense of texture the way the other demons do. It looks too...smooth? Eh, I dunno. It's weird that its design is still bugging me, when I've been trying to accept it ever since it first appeared in the E3 footage...

Also, funny that Hell's armor would need updating, because I figured a place like Hell was timeless. In either case, the differences between armor types in the mancubus is really interesting, so hopefully most of the enemies will have variants.

Honestly, the cyber demon looks lile it's been to war and has seen alot of battles in the past, maybe foolish souls trying to take on such a powerful gigantic demon caused the decay on the armor and scars on its skin. Thst or its UAC trying to capture the demon which resulted in it losing limbs and a part of its horns. Still, the cyberdemon looks like a veteran that has seen too many battles in hell's superioir ranks.

victorboris1 said:

PS: what are these Lazarus waves you guys speak of?

From the tidbits that were posted until now, it seems like the UAC discovered so-called "Lazarus waves" with which they could transform humans into more powerful beeings, and tried to expand on them with mechanical parts, like the Mancubus, for example.

This is what seems to be written under the concepts of the Revenant:

"Revenants are UAC military operatives that have been methodically transformed into demonic combatants through cybernetic augmentation and repeated Lazarus Wave exposure. The transformation begins by attaching a Multiple Launch Rocket Battery [MLRS] onto each shoulder of the patient, coupled to an Argent charged neural biochip implanted at the base of the cerebral cortex. As with Hell soldiers, revenants exhibit advance combat strategies that include range control, vertical combat governance and rush tactics."

AnonimVio said:

Tbh I like new cyberdemon more than the old one.

Please don't kill me.

everyone has their own opinion, i too actually like the new monster designs despite what other people say =D

I really like the Cyberdemon in the concept art. It shows that posture is everything. I wish it looked like that in the game. It looks majestic despite it being grotesque.

It was the same with the Warlord models in the latest WoW expansion. They hadn't finished their animations yet so all those models had straight postures. Too bad they are hunched in the final release...