Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Danfun64

What music wads go best with each unscored wad?

Several wads either don't have music replacements or only replace less than a handful of tracks. What music wads do you think go best with the following?

D2TWID: (I like replacing the map31 music with a midi version of Mars, Bringer of War. Not sure about most the other tracks, but map32's music can be left alone)
TVR:
Community Chest 1:
Demonfear:
Legions of Hell:
Cleimos 2.0: (Maybe something ambient? Just a personal note.)

I would suggest some Hell's Ambience... but I'm not sure if you are into PSX/Doom 64 type stuff.

Either that or take the Doom metal wad or whatever, and then download a bunch of 80's metal and early 90's metal music from the Internet and then go into SLADE and replace the tracks with badass MP3 quality metal stuff! =D

(I know it's probably not the most legal thing, but it's fucking fun! Just don't release it on the Interwebs..... =P)

Thanks for the advise, but for the record I would appreciate it if you limited music wad suggestions to midi and mus, so that I can play stuff on boom or chocolate doom without issue.

Also, I don't mind if you suggest the Plutionia MIDI pack anywhere, as I don't want it to go unused but want to stick with Plutonia's original music order.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

All maps need more un36blastbeats.mid.

I once tried using a music pack for Armadosia (I think it was the first Rockit!), and it mostly failed -- most of the music didn't go with the level it was on. It takes more time, obviously, but I feel like it's often worth it to compile your own custom soundtrack if you're going to be playing something more than once (for instance, I put together an Armadosia soundtrack based mainly on music from Equinox, Grove, and Chaos Project). If you don't want to do that, the MM and Requiem soundtracks are definitely good suggestions; a lot of Klem's and Tolwyn's music goes with pretty much anything.

Urthar said:

It's not a WAD but I'm using the Quake soundtrack for Nihility.

Great idea, Reznor's sounds would suit Nihility's atmosphere well I imagine.