Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xblade

Tomorrow we might get another trailer. Thoughts on what it might be?

The past 2 weeks Bethesda realeased 2 videos for Doom on Tuesday (MP Trailer 2 weeks ago, MP Maps Explored last week).

Tomorrow is another Tuesday and we might get another trailer. Excited? What do you guys think it would be about? Probably a little trailer for some features of SnapMap...

EDIT
Just a disclaimer. The fact of the matter is that I just noticed that both MP trailer were released 1 week apart and both on Tuesday. I'm not from id/bethesda to create hype over this. If a trailer is not released, then I was wrong and the fact that those 2 trailers were released so close to each other might just be a coincidence. Either way this thread could stay here to talk about what the next trailer might be :)

Doom's History followed up by a new trailer of the Single-Player Campaign with an in-depth look into the first level of the new Doom.

The trailer on this Tuesday, probably not.

I'm guessing they MIGHT finally make a trailer that shows its three major parts:

Singleplayer

Multiplayer

SnapMap

In germany a gaming magazin has announced a Doom special show. They said that they make every fallowing Donnerstag (Thursday) to Doomerstag where they want to talk about everything new related to the fallowing Doom. I cant imagine that they announce this show and don´t know for sure that there isnt anything to report about (sorry, maybe i totally spoiled this sentence, hope you know what i mean). I suspect!! that they already know that there is coming some news every week - even if its only very small content.

Otus said:

In germany a gaming magazin has announced a Doom special show. They said that they make every fallowing Donnerstag (Thursday) to Doomerstag where they want to talk about everything new related to the fallowing Doom. I cant imagine that they announce this show and don´t know for sure that there isnt anything to report about (sorry, maybe i totally spoiled this sentence, hope you know what i mean). I suspect!! that they already know that there is coming some news every week - even if its only very small content.

Perhaps they will show us new gameplay footage, and possibly make a Doom Retrospective of sorts detailing Doom's history, from it's inception, to it's inspirations, to the first two games, to the expansion packs, to Doom 64, to Doom 3, to BFG Edition, and the cancelled Doom IV, and finally Doom (2016).

Then they'll speak about how awesome Doom (2016) is and show off gameplay footage!

Just my hopes though. =3

xblade said:

The past 2 weeks Bethesda realeased 2 videos for Doom on Tuesday (MP Trailer 2 weeks ago, MP Maps Explored last week).

Tomorrow is another Tuesday and we might get another trailer. Excited? What do you guys think it would be about? Probably a little trailer for some features of SnapMap...

EDIT
Just a disclaimer. The fact of the matter is that I just noticed that both MP trailer were released 1 week apart and both on Tuesday. I'm not from id/bethesda to create hype over this. If a trailer is not released, then I was wrong and the fact that those 2 trailers were released so close to each other might just be a coincidence. Either way this thread could stay here to talk about what the next trailer might be :)

I were thinking the same thing! :D Glad im not the only one who is hyped about this game. Well, i hope its a bit more from singelplayer, showing off the different weapons a little bit. Guess thats 2 much 2 ask for. We have been spoiled with a lot of footage already, but i cant help hoping to see more! :)

It might just be another multiplayer thing, or maybe because that snapmap screenshot was release they could be planning to release more information on snapmap

magma86 said:

I were thinking the same thing! :D Glad im not the only one who is hyped about this game. Well, i hope its a bit more from singelplayer, showing off the different weapons a little bit. Guess thats 2 much 2 ask for. We have been spoiled with a lot of footage already, but i cant help hoping to see more! :)

I am not that much into gaming anymore. But Doom is the first game since years i am really exited about. But at least in my opinion, i think there is a lot less pre-release footage for Doom compared other games. I am also a bit interested in Dark Souls 3 and there is so much footage released already. It seems like two extremes from almost non gameplay material on the Doom side to hours of gameplay on the Souls side. I really would like to see at least 30 seconds of consistend SP gameplay.

Otus said:

I am not that much into gaming anymore. But Doom is the first game since years i am really exited about. But at least in my opinion, i think there is a lot less pre-release footage for Doom compared other games. I am also a bit interested in Dark Souls 3 and there is so much footage released already. It seems like two extremes from almost non gameplay material on the Doom side to hours of gameplay on the Souls side. I really would like to see at least 30 seconds of consistend SP gameplay.

You have about 20 minutes of gameplay from the E3 trailer, but that not's final so. I'm not sure how Bethesda markets their games (did not follow Fallout 4).

Otus said:

Yeah, me as well. I have not played any of the Dark soul games, but i have heard its great stuff. Or maybe show a short video of the differences in difficulty levels?

At least we will be getting a beta next week. So, a lot of new footage will show up by then. Will you be in the beta?

It would be fun if id software did something similar to how machinegames handled their trailers. Really funny stuff imo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USZiFLb0XMw
That trailed made me buy wolfenstein :)

magma86 said:

Yeah, me as well. I have not played any of the Dark soul games, but i have heard its great stuff. Or maybe show a short video of the differences in difficulty levels?

At least we will be getting a beta next week. So, a lot of new footage will show up by then. Will you be in the beta?

It would be fun if id software did something similar to how machinegames handled their trailers. Really funny stuff imo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USZiFLb0XMw
That trailed made me buy wolfenstein :)

That trailer was released about 3 weeks before the game. Probably we'll get those kind of trailers the closer we get to release. Either way, how they are releasing trailers and info, really helps to create hype. Pretty sure someone in marketing is watching figures (trailer views, hashtag usages and other social markers) and depending of those figures, they decide what to do next. They ain't stupid...

I wish I knew how they marketed the other games, maybe then we'll know better when they would release more info/trailers/whatnot...

Wow, I just figure out that my whole theory is based on the wrong day. It's Wednesday not Tuesday...

magma86 said:

No, i am not in the Beta and multiplayer is not my thing. I dont even have a PC system that would run Doom. Already i have only a PS3 and i will buy a PS4 just for Doom and Dark Souls. Dont have the mony for a high grade PC.

xblade said:

Wow, I just figure out that my whole theory is based on the wrong day. It's Wednesday not Tuesday...

You're not totally wrong. It's Tuesday down under.

Bumping this thread because we might get another trailer tomorrow, (I don't know what they could do it on other than something snapmap or campaign related, they've basically covered all the shit in multiplayer other than the guns and equipment)

Maybe the "youtubers playing multiplayer" is what we get tomorrow. After that it seems pointless to show another MP trailer. Maybe we see some SP footage then.

Voros said:

Things have been awfully quiet with singleplayer...

Sadly games live or die on their Multiplayer, so of course thats going to be the most hyped, and its kinda the reason why the community stayed alive as long as it has.

Which community, the Doom community? I'd say modding and all the sourceports was a far, far larger contributor to the longevity of the game than multiplayer. Hell, we didn't even have a multiplayer section on this site until a couple of months ago.

The 2014 Quakecon reveal, E3 and most of the first few videos focused only/mostly on the SP. It's only natural that they'll be focusing on multiplayer now, even more so now that the beta is happening this week.

Jaxxoon R said:

Which community, the Doom community? I'd say modding and all the sourceports was a far, far larger contributor to the longevity of the game than multiplayer. Hell, we didn't even have a multiplayer section on this site until a couple of months ago.

Most of my early years in the doom community surrounded deathmatch. but those were closed off events at LANS or at my friends house/ but yeah source ports and modding have added to MP doom.

I should probably however say that modern games live or die based on MP, so thats probably why they are hyping it more the SP. at least thats what I hope, we will see on the 13th I guess.