Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
VGA

DEHACKED bug concerning Player's Spawn state and Playsound

http://pastebin.com/SfjPtBaL

With that bex patch I put a Playsound at the start of the Player's Spawn state. In all other ports it seems to get executed only at map start. In Eternity the sound is played each time after a bullet-using gun stops firing. Weird?

I seriously have no idea why every other port would do that, Eternity seems correct - though I'm curious if it's truly just bullet weapons that cause that, because every weapon should ( as they all cause a state jump in the player actor, which then jumps back to the Spawn state ). If it genuinely is just bullet weapons, then that is really strange in both cases.

I am not sure of the way the "Player" thing works. But in normal enemies, the Spawn state is only parsed until they are activated, then they are in their Walk state perpetually.

Even WinMBF only plays the sound on map start.

No, they definitely go back to their Spawn state when they lose their target - something that's most easily noticed with lost souls in a room where you haven't fire a single shot in, since they look their target after attacking in demo-compat ports. However, you can also notice this is you die to anything - all monsters targeting you will immediately resume their step-dance animation indicating that they're in their Spawn state.

Arctangent said:

I seriously have no idea why every other port would do that, Eternity seems correct - though I'm curious if it's truly just bullet weapons that cause that, because every weapon should ( as they all cause a state jump in the player actor, which then jumps back to the Spawn state ). If it genuinely is just bullet weapons, then that is really strange in both cases.

No. Eternity is wrong.
If you look at the patch, it remaps the spawn state to somewhere else.
The jump in the missile state should jump back to the original spawn state, but apparently it also remaps the target of the 'goto' somehow.

Dehacked should not do that.