Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DBThanatos

The Real "Minimum Requirements" for the beta

Seeing that the beta is out already, and that people are starting to kick asses with it, it could help a lot to post the specs you're using to run the game. That would give us ("us" as "people with specs below the suggested minimum requirements") an idea of what hardware can actually handle the game at an acceptable performance level.

In "Wolfenstain The Old Blood" they suggested a "intel i5 2400" as minimum, and turned out it worked very well in a weaker processor. So hopefully the same applies for this game.

Well, I could play TNO pretty damn fine at fullscreen, 1080p with my rig. Albeit I didn't turn everything absolutely up, but the main settings were at full, just not the shadows or the really demanding stuff. This beta on the other hand basically won't connect to any server, takes forever to load, and apparently has slow-motion on the menu.

Running a 2.66GHz intel core 2 quad Q9400, 4GB RAM, and GTX560 Nvidia. I know I really need to upgrade my PC but I may not be able to play the final version if the game is this bad in optimization at release.

Well I could tell you how beta runs on 750 ti...but I can't connect to servers! Great!))

RikohZX said:

Well, I could play TNO pretty damn fine at fullscreen, 1080p with my rig. Albeit I didn't turn everything absolutely up, but the main settings were at full, just not the shadows or the really demanding stuff. This beta on the other hand basically won't connect to any server, takes forever to load, and apparently has slow-motion on the menu.

Running a 2.66GHz intel core 2 quad Q9400, 4GB RAM, and GTX560 Nvidia. I know I really need to upgrade my PC but I may not be able to play the final version if the game is this bad in optimization at release.

Your cpu and ram is enough for beta...but it's clear that beta is a gpu hog obviously.

I'm running a 780 and a i7 4930k with 16gb of memory and it constantly dips, especially while a revenant for some reason. If the performance isn't improved by launch it's gonna be a joke.

I'm running a 760 4GB, i7-4770 3.4ghz, and 16gb RAM and in the round I played it was a constant 55-60 FPS. Resolution was 1920x1080, I did turn anti-aliasing down to TAA though.

Jello said:

I'm running a 760 4GB, i7-4770 3.4ghz, and 16gb RAM and in the round I played it was a constant 55-60 FPS. Resolution was 1920x1080, I did turn anti-aliasing down to TAA though.

Ridiculous! This game is running butter smooth on XB1, I just wtched XB1 stream. id decided to fuck hard PC gamers with it! Absolutely abysmal!

id.dav said:

Ridiculous! This game is running butter smooth on XB1, I just wtched XB1 stream. id decided to fuck hard PC gamers with it! Absolutely abysmal!

You seem to be packing on the salt. Unless you are going to go full tinfoil hat on us, you seem to have accidentally suggested that id is apparently trying to sabotage a game they are trying to sell, which is flat out absurd and demonstrably wrong.

Edward850 said:

you seem to have accidentally suggested that id is apparently trying to sabotage a game they are trying to sell, which is flat out absurd and demonstrably wrong.

I don't know man, Mortal Kombat X happened earlier this year.

id.dav said:

Well, keep in mind I didn't try it with it on, not even sure if it would make a difference as I was at 60 more than 55, which tells me if the frame rate wasn't capped it probably would've been higher. But honestly, it ran extremely smooth.

Edit: Sorry, I originally misread your post and thought you were dumping on PC and saying how great Xbox was. So yeah, it's sad that's where my mind went first thing. It's the main reason I haven't played multiplayer for over 10 years, it always devolves into crap like that.

And an update. I played two more rounds, one with TAA+FXAA and got around 53-56 constant, one with TSSAA and got around 50-54 constant. So it really doesn't seem to make that much difference. I was worried as the 760, even with 4GB of VRAM has struggled on some newer games.

Running the beta on a 760 (2GB DDR5), AMD FX-4300 and 8GB of RAM, at whatever settings the game defaulted to. Runs very smoothly and feels quite nice.

For fluid combat in hard sytiation for exapmple 4 players or more shooting at the same time we have to wait for GTX 1080ti. I dont belive that 980ti can handle this.
I have my self 780 ti 3GB and in 1080p is 30fps. In 720p sytuation is better but when is hot then again 30 fps.

Plasma Gun said:

Beta won't even launch :(

Will let you know if I can get it to work...

Have you tried running it in windows 8 mode as admin? Worked for me.

pro_zealot said:

For fluid combat in hard sytiation for exapmple 4 players or more shooting at the same time we have to wait for GTX 1080ti. I dont belive that 980ti can handle this.
I have my self 780 ti 3GB and in 1080p is 30fps. In 720p sytuation is better but when is hot then again 30 fps.

Yes theres definitely something going wrong with the optimization. Also if a 980ti can't handle it then they royaly fucked up somewhere, a 980ti is a beast of a card that shouldn't have any problem running anything at the moment.

I have a 560ti which is below recommended specs but it runs the tech map OK. Infernal however is unplayable, seems to eat all my systems memory (8Gb). Alpha seemed a bit smoother.

Briefly played last night with default settings, but it was running smooth in a full seriver with my 660 GTX. I'm still going to upgrade though, because I know the SP is going to be a lot more intense.

the beta definitely doesn't look like the game I've seen on the screenshots

I really hope the graphics are better in the finished game - but it has 1 good thing, it runs smooth as fuck, even on my old 2600k (OC'd :P) + GTX 970, constant 60fps

Deatheye said:

I really hope the graphics are better in the finished game - but it has 1 good thing, it runs smooth as fuck, even on my old 2600k (OC'd :P) + GTX 970, constant 60fps

Seeing as advanced graphics settings are disabled, I can only imagine that the game isn't even running at the highest setting. My bet is that it's running on medium settings for some reason. Probably so that all the preview footage people record will look the same in the eyes of the public regardless of if they are recording on PC or on consoles.

Now seriously! WTF is going on here? 720p and I get 55-60 fps on 750 ti! Are you fucking kidding me? Even on 1080p it is like 25-40. How is this even possible to have such a huge difference between alpha BS performance and this? Why it is unsupported is beyond comprehension!!!
Does this have anything to do with NVidia's latest drivers vulkan support?
Anyway I'm more than hyped...I absolutely didn't expect anything like this, this is a huge surprise!)))))

Deatheye said:

While I'm absolutely blown away by 750 ti performance I must admit that this blury image is BS...I mean even 1080p doesn't really look as crisp as alpha! And you even can't disable AA...I think it is this TAA BS method that blurs image!

I get HUGE memory leak for some reason after I run the game for a few minutes. I can play about two matches and the RAM usage skyrockets to almost 6 GB! That's insane! Overall performance is pretty good though. 40-50 fps at 1080p, 60 fps at 720p.

CPU: i5-something (3.4 GHz)
GPU: GTX 760 (2GB VRAM)
RAM: 8GB DDR3

I plan on getting a new GPU and some more RAM, but holy fuck, the Memory Usage is off the charts!

i5 4590
GTX 970
8 GB DDR 3

thats my rig, i usually get 50-60 fps on 1080p motionblur on LOW and AA set to TAA, using 364 series nvidia drivers, i get 50-60 fps while streaming to twitch tv.

I'm getting flashbacks from Doom 3 when it was announced it would require a 64MB GPU to play on lowest settings. There was mass hysteria. Had to get rid of that old TNT2. And I was pissed.

DoomUK said:

If this beta is indicative of the final product with 'low' settings, then I just don't know what to think considering it doesn't seem like that big a leap from IdTech 5. I think it's PBR if I remember right, and there's reflections and more dynamic lighting, but as it stands the sheer performance issues shouldn't be this extreme for what seems like marginal changes.

Although the fact that the whole screen looks like it's covered in vaseline due to an unremovable anti-aliasing doesn't help. Also for once, this seems to be one of the only things i've played where playing the game in 1280x720 windowed instead of 1920x1080 fullscreen makes the performance even worse.

Running windowed will always be slower than fullscreen just because of how windows will keep some of the GPU memory for rendering the desktop, but it shouldn't affect it that badly.