Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Gunplay is fucking amazing

So I just played my first game which was team deathmatch...holy fuckballs.

This game has already completely blown me away. The gunplay is easily the best I have ever felt since I don't know when. Guns feel super powerful and killing things feel awesome. The nice mix of Unreal and Quake style gameplay mixed with some elements of modern shooters (loadouts) coupled with the heavy customization means that I might actually give a damn about the multiplayer. The only thing I don't really like very much is the OP demon runes.

This has only made me more exited to play the full game. Those of you who don't have beta access right now are REALLY missing out!

I mostly used the double barrel and rocket launcher so far; rocket launcher is my go to, you can make rockets manually explode in mid-air by pressing the alt fire when you've shot one.
The double barrel can have some wonky hit detection; I've rarely got a one-shot kill with it up close, and sometimes it takes 4 close range shots to kill a guy, but that might be from them having lots of armor; its not lag as the beta has been crisp for me as far as connection goes.
I've tried out the lightning gun, wasn't a fan of it at all and will probably never use it again.
The rifle that gets stronger when you constantly move was pretty cool, but its a gamble with its slow fire rate.
The heavy machinegun was too inaccurate for me to keep, especially when I was using it and the double barrel; both close to mid range weapons while the levels have a number of wide open areas for sniping.

The game also looks slower in video than it does playing; it has a frantic pace to it and action is always happening around the corner. Really enjoying it

the game suffers for a common sickness called CASUALIZATION and Hand Holding which is bad for an Fast Paced Arena Shooter, I wonder who the heck came with the Idea of the Hack Module? these things are really BAD, Devs Nowadays don't know how to make a good job.

they promise you for a Pizza and instead they give a Hotdog

twinspectre said:

the game suffers for a common sickness called CASUALIZATION and Hand Holding which is bad for an Fast Paced Arena Shooter, I wonder who the heck came with the Idea of the Hack Module? these things are really BAD, Devs Nowadays don't know how to make a good job.

You are overreacting. They are just minor bonuses.

twinspectre said:

Hack Modules are weak as fuck. .they almost do nothing for me.

hardcore_gamer said:

So I just played my first game which was team deathmatch...holy fuckballs.

This game has already completely blown me away. The gunplay is easily the best I have ever felt since I don't know when. Guns feel super powerful and killing things feel awesome. The nice mix of Unreal and Quake style gameplay mixed with some elements of modern shooters (loadouts) coupled with the heavy customization means that I might actually give a damn about the multiplayer. The only thing I don't really like very much is the OP demon runes.

This has only made me more exited to play the full game. Those of you who don't have beta access right now are REALLY missing out!

Unfortunately not all guns feel powerful. Static rifle sounds simply pathetic. .they could increase the volume on Plasma as well. But yeah SSG and the Gauss Cannon feel REALLY fucking powerful!

twinspectre said:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA
"hand holding"

Play the beta and lets see where the hand holding is.

Devs not know how to make a good job? Then go be a dev then, Its soooooo easy right?

I've played the beta...and it was awesome.

twinspectre said:

Who exactly is it hand holding? You? The guy shooting at you?

It's an even match, where the fuck is the hand holding?

TheWizard said:

Who exactly is it hand holding? You? The guy shooting at you?

It's an even match, where the fuck is the hand holding?

To be honest, I do think the demon runes and that railgun thingy are very noobish in that they require zero skill to use and are pretty much just free kills. Or at least the revenant is, don't know about the others since they aren't included in the beta.

Regarding the revenant: I do feel it's basically impossible to stay alive when there's one nearby. "Oh there's an enemy revenant in the room and haha you're dead". It's definitely fun to play as but it's kinda not fair for those fighting the rev, heh.

seems they took the repeater out for good?

wouldn't really make sense for them to remove it since pretty much all official trailers for the multiplayer so far have showcased it at some point, wonder what the deal is with that

You can take out a demon fairly easy with well placed rockets and you keep your distance (and if the player sucks)
The hack modules are fairly useless. They can give good feedback like showing the last player that killed you's position and health for 30 seconds, and you choose one everytime you respawn, but I end up picking none because I feel it gets in my way and I pay too much attention to them and not my immediate surroundings.
There's definitely a fair number of weapons missing.
I really like the plasma rifle. The primary attack's sound effects are still not that great, the secondary fire is awesome and creates this burning area of effect. When I see several enemies grouped up, I will shoot that secondary AOE fire, throw a grenade slightly outside of that area, and then shoot with rockets, typically leading to double or triple kills easy.

Am I the only one here to who thinks the HMG is almost completely useless? It's worse than the plasma at close range and worse than the other long range guns at long range. I can't help but wonder that it's intended as a single player weapon and translates poorly over into multiplayer.

I don't like it at all.
In singleplayer, you probably don't get the plasma rifle until farther on so you resort to the HMG, and there's also probably some useful mods for it to make it stand out (like the mini rockets in the E3 Hell footage)
But yeah, I stay away from it and the lightning gun.

hardcore_gamer said:

The gunplay is easily the best I have ever felt since I don't know when. Guns feel super powerful and killing things feel awesome.

Man, I couldn't possibly disagree more. The plasma and heavy assault rifles both feel like they're firing spitballs. The SSG also requires a ridiculous amount of point-blank shots to kill (sometimes 2-3 or more!) To me, many of the weapons feel ridiculously weak, like they're dealing HALF the damage they should be.

TheWizard said:

I think people need to work together to take out the demons. I thought that was the point.

Teamwork in a TDM shooter... yeah, not likely to happen. You can't even control where you spawn, so how do you group up when there's a demon rampaging about?

AD_79 said:

Regarding the revenant: I do feel it's basically impossible to stay alive when there's one nearby. "Oh there's an enemy revenant in the room and haha you're dead". It's definitely fun to play as but it's kinda not fair for those fighting the rev, heh.

Yeah, the only safe way to eliminate one would be the Gauss cannon + quad damage. But i tend to not have either of those when there's a rev around.

revenant and guass cannon are way to easy to use. You can have power weapons and still make them require some skill. Make the guass cannon a one hit kill but require pin point accuracy, but all you have to really do is aim vaguely in someones direction and they are dead.

the MP seems its going to have an insanely low skill ceiling and that is just going to lead to frustration and boredom to a lot of folk quickly i would think.

Yeah! After being completely sucked in and playing like 4 matches....I can tell that Gauss Canon is BS....I mean it takes no skill in aiming, but at the same time it feels so badass...lightning gun is shit...I don't know what's the purpose of it...it doesn't behave like the one from q3....ssg is awesome...assaut rifle is also kind of useless...really....but I need to play more and more)

Gauss is fine because there's no ammo for it (I think)

the sniper rifles are bad because you need to go in scope modus (and wait????) to do more dmg, absolutely retarded - I love sniper rifles but this shit totally ruins it for me

rocket launcher is too weak - 55dmg straight to the face is nothing it's hard enough to hit something that isn't 5 meters in front of you

plasmagun is also too weak

Deatheye said:

Gauss is fine because there's no ammo for it (I think)

the sniper rifles are bad because you need to go in scope modus (and wait????) to do more dmg, absolutely retarded - I love sniper rifles but this shit totally ruins it for me

rocket launcher is too weak - 55dmg straight to the face is nothing it's hard enough to hit something that isn't 5 meters in front of you

plasmagun is also too weak

Yup. Gauss has only 4 "bullets". Plasma rifle is really effective. Bam! with secondary right in the hairy chest (Plus dood starts running around in a pool of plasma). Close the distance while firing primary, switch to SSG there's your frag!

Deatheye said:

You can detonate the rockets in mid air with the alt fire. It makes the rocket launcher way more useful that way.

Also, is it just me or do most of the players currently playing suck balls? I generally get completely owned in these types of games and yet by the end of my first match I had a KD ratio of 5.1! After most matches it's between 1.4-2.4

I suspect that the reason is that nobody is playing this like an arena shooter. I feel like I'm the only person double jumping at times. Makes it easy to outsmart the other players who just run around and try to play this like CoD.

It seems to encourage the Halo-style of weapon combos, except even more so since all the weapons have different combat roles to utilize. So a Rocket Launcher to pelt someone from afar followed by a Super Shotgun up close is a real terror, or using the Static Cannon or Vortex Rifle to deal with long-range damage if you've got the accuracy for it before dominating with rapid fire up close from a Plasma Rifle that can batter the floor with heat to deal out area of denial. It's even more pronounced as well due to the really quick weapon switch, so you can fire with the SSG and then swap to the HMG, spray a bit, swap right back to SSG and fire again.

I'm loving the multiplayer as well. Gunplay is great. I seem to rely on sniper and shotgun with the teleporting ability which gets me top ranked in most matches so far. Sniper may be a little op imo.

Indeed the Demon Runes can get annoying despite how I love the concept. But a team working together can take out a demon pretty quickly. A good critical sniper shot and a few rocket launcher hits and it will be in serious condition. I'm trying really hard to do a glory kill on one.

The Hack models aren't something I care about, I just use any whenever and once in a while they come in handy. The Retribution one which allows you to see your killer through walls and the bonus pickup timer can prepare you to collect some good items.

Almonds said:

seems they took the repeater out for good?

wouldn't really make sense for them to remove it since pretty much all official trailers for the multiplayer so far have showcased it at some point, wonder what the deal is with that

The deal with that is it fucking sucked. It had no place, everything it did there is a gun that fills that role better.

I kind of feel like the machinegun in it's current state is the same. It's kinda outclassed by the plasmagun and doesnt even have a secondary to beef it up.

Is it just me or is the multiplayer dead right now? I know only a limited number of players have access to the beta and that it's gotten rather late, but still.

AirRaid said:

The deal with that is it fucking sucked. It had no place, everything it did there is a gun that fills that role better.

I kind of feel like the machinegun in it's current state is the same. It's kinda outclassed by the plasmagun and doesnt even have a secondary to beef it up.

by that logic either the Static Cannon or the Vortex Rifle needs to go, because while I don't have a way of knowing the damage variable comparison it sounds like the Static just isn't as capable as the Vortex since it doesn't do enough damage fully-charged to justify the slow movement charge per shot versus the Vortex's charge method when scoped yet being able to fire more consistently.

Deatheye said:

dear god you would probably lose your shit playing sniper in team fortress 2