Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheDoomerGuy12345

Need Good Wad

Here are some mods:

Trailblazer
Random Deaths & Decoration (Personal plug, heh)
Guncaster
Demonsteele
Complex Doom
Russian Overkill
Smooth Doom
DooD
Hideous Destructor
Aeons of Death
Reelism

If you don't know already, try Project Brutality. It's like BD but with tons of extra content and depth to the weapons and monsters.

Ive been wondering this to. There has got to be some wads other than brutla doom out rhere

40oz said:

Ive been wondering this to. There has got to be some wads other than brutla doom out rhere

No, it's brutal doom as far as the eye can see. The rest of us really just replay E1M1 with BD over and over like all the YouTube videos show.

rileymartin said:

If you don't know already, try Project Brutality. It's like BD but with tons of extra content and depth to the weapons and monsters.

He said something NOT Brutal Doom related.

Glaice said:

Here are some mods:

Trailblazer
Random Deaths & Decoration (Personal plug, heh)
Guncaster
Demonsteele
Complex Doom
Russian Overkill
Smooth Doom
DooD
Hideous Destructor
Aeons of Death
Reelism

Glacie's recommendations are solid. I'll add psychic and the extreme weapons pack to the list.

Sgt Ender said:

Try Wildweasel's nazis mod. That's pretty neat for gameplay purposes.

off-topic: so uh, why did you decide that making a third account was necessary? Good lord man, you're not even trying to hide it.

Sgt Ender said:

And I thought I saw the last of you...

AD_79 said:

off-topic: so uh, why did you decide that making a third account was necessary? Good lord man, you're not even trying to hide it.

I'm not trying to ban evade, I'm trying to start clean. There's a difference there.

And when exactly did this come to play?

Kids these days... sheese.

HavoX said:

And when exactly did this come to play?

Kids these days... sheeze.

Look, I changed overtime. People change, you know...

Doomkid said:

Doomkid said:

My earliest WADs were Doom City, HELLRUN, Area 51, Bermuda, Doomed 2 Die and DROPDEAD. I'm missing a couple but I loved all that shit pre-2000 and still play them once in a blue moon.

Oh I also had Simpsons Doom and DBZ Doom back then which I'm sure everyone has seen by now.

There are lot of great wads around, but for nice map packs;

-Doom2Inthenameonly (russian community version)
Extremely impressive maps, however, some of them are very, very long so be prepared for that. I also recall this isn't a full out megawad so it will end eventually. rip.

-Sunlust
Once more, very impressive and fun maps, however this mod turns very slaughtery when approaching the map 20 mark, which is unfortunate for some and more fortunate for others.

-ALT.
These maps are long, beautiful and fun. Unfortunantly this wad adds custom sounds that can be very annoying at times. There are also some maps that can get you lost or be tricky/puzzley. So if you're not too patient, you might not be able to enjoy them fully. But definitely worthwhile at some point.

-Bloodstained
This map pack is pretty recent, but it is surprisingly fun one. In general it's a pretty solid pack. Tho, one thing that is really standing out, atleast to me, was that this wad's secrets in maps tend to be pretty classic doom like, with you being able to see em and figuring em out didn't require masters degree. Unfortunately this wad also has some nuisances with maps, and like, if you hate secrets that throw monsters at you, thats one of the them.

Other good map packs were already mentioned before by other people and I don't want to make too big wall o text now.

Gameplay wise;

Once more, lot of people already mentioned many great wads, however I'll mention this area;

-DoomRLA
Insanely amounts of fun, adds lot of replay-ability. If you love roguelike(this mods based on the doom rogue like) and rng elements where you build your character stronger and stronger via upgrading your weapons/building your inventory/gear and encounter randomized enemies, this mod is great. Not to mention it has lot of special fun stuff for game mode starts if you want to get experimental. You will hate death exits tho.
Tho it might sound like it, this mod doesn't use any level up things, but the bigger feature is the insane amount of weapons, armors and boots that can spawn with their own respective rarities, mod packs and assemblies where you mod your weapons and are able to build them up for interesting, powerful new thingies.

-DoomRPG
can be combined with above for quite the fun experience. This mod adds lot of insanity and once more makes the game play rather unique. Tho there are its own issues and nuisances and doomRPG can be bit tricky to learn in general, but its defiantly worth a try at some point. Very great if you enjoy RPG elements.

-LegenDoom
Fallout legendary system for weapons and enemies that doesnt conflict with custom monsters and monster randomizers? Yes please. This is once more, amazing amount of fun if you enjoy randomization / RNG type of elements.

-Colourful Hell (shameless self plug ahoy!)
Cause I mentioned LegenDoom not conflicting with custom monsters/randomizers I'll mention this mod cause it works great with it. Basically a mod where your enemies get randomized with the generic MMO rarity colour style of common - uncommon - rare - epic - legendary - relic (+ 2 wild cards for random boss in level style spawning) and has some diablo inspired spawn things too for some of the more rarer and stronger monsters.
Cause it edits only monster it also works with mods like; DoomRLA (weapons/hud loaded only), Russian Overkill, Psychic, Trailblazer and Guncaster (has compat patch made separately)
Ofcourse this mod isn't really most top quality (yet) and has its own issues but it's defiantly lot of fun if you like RNG and challenge. But RNG is very merciless with this mod and some enemies, specially bosses can be very difficult with their own learning curves, so with that in mind, RNG can go no lube on you even if you're god tier player.