Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kuchitsu

Changing color to blend in with the environment

I've heard this one a long time ago. Brit10 is mostly very brown, so if you change your color to brown maybe it will be harder to notice you. For other wads there might be other good colors. Of course, people can always force a particular color on all players in the settings, but not everyone does that. Have you ever done this?

Not really, the only time I find it to be effective is on Vanilla/Chocolate games due to the low resolution. Setting it above 640x480 is enough for me to easily notice a brown player in brit10 or a green player in greenwar, for example.

I once argued that red teams usually had a slight advantage in CTF maps because the colormap fades red into brown in a predominantly brown game, while blue has a smaller range so blue usually sticks out to the eye more.

I never really decided on what would be fair colors for Doom CTF, green and pink maybe?

40oz said:

I never really decided on what would be fair colors for Doom CTF, green and pink maybe?

Black and white, maybe? Blacks have advantage in dark areas, while whites have advantage in bright areas.

How about a CTF game where everyone has the same color... and team radar is off so you can't tell if it's a friend or enemy in front of you. And of course friendly fire ON. Could be fun for some psychological tricks. I've always wondered how people fought centuries ago in big battles with thousands of soldiers. How do you even know who to attack in that mess?

Certain players have binds to change their colours for specific maps. Pretty sad, it's about as try-hard as you can get for very little, if any, gain.

kuchitsu said:

How about a CTF game where everyone has the same color... and team radar is off so you can't tell if it's a friend or enemy in front of you. And of course friendly fire ON. Could be fun for some psychological tricks. I've always wondered how people fought centuries ago in big battles with thousands of soldiers. How do you even know who to attack in that mess?

That's why uniforms were invented.

You can set enemy color on ZD and oda for years, on zandronum its maybe 2 years old feature, and ill say it was big advantage on skulltag ppl setting marine colors depending on map but its not usefull anymore.

Guest Unregistered account

I was playing Nutty on Zandronum (dumb, I know... but it was hilarious) a minute ago, and I'd just finished a match against one other guy who had a white coloured skin. I was purple.
The next level was a desert one, enveloped in white-yellow fog.

I'm sure you can guess how that turned out.