Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
t3hPoundcake

What are the rules on using Doom Bible references?

I've seen a few ambitious mods with references to Doom Bible stuff, whether it be character names or episode or map titles, I was just wondering what rules if any there are on using things from the Doom Bible in mods? I assume there really are none since none of the work was copyrighted and essentially none was used in the final game, and further more nobody is profiting from the mods they make but it was just something on my mind.

The only current rule about Doom Bible wads is that they never get finished. Every rule has to be broken some time, though!

Doomkid said:

The only current rule about Doom Bible wads is that they never get finished. Every rule has to be broken some time, though!

Well, Doom: The Tei Tenga Incident seems to be progressing at a steady rate... And that uses Doom Bible stuff out the wazoo.

"Nobody cares" doesn't sound very encouraging, whether it was intended that way or not.

I think a really capable team would be best to handle such a project. There's a reason so many Doom Bible TCs fail, including my attempt.