Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MIND

New DOOM Clan (PC)

Guest MIND

Who want's to be in a new DOOM clan?

We make levels and share our work, kick ass, and blow up stuff and have lots of fun.

This one's for those who own PC's.

Join and we will kick some ass.

Steam Account: mindustry

Clan...

You know, I busted up laughing reading this thread not because it sounds silly by today's standards (even though it does) but out of reminisce of PC multiplay from yester-years ago.

I haven't heard anyone use the term "clan" since probably 1999. Those old qseeker and GameSpy clans were honest-to-god some really great times, if not the best, along with all the geocities and angelfire team pages to browse through and start shit with other clans, lol.

Kudos to you sir for bringing a nostalgiac smile to my face.

I'm glad that spirit has not been forgotten over the years. I hope you bring it back and start the best damn clan the gaming world has ever seen, sir... better late than never =D

Guest MIND
Buckshot said:

Clan...

You know, I busted up laughing reading this thread not because it sounds silly by today's standards (even though it does) but out of reminisce of PC multiplay from yester-years ago.

I haven't heard anyone use the term "clan" since probably 1999. Those old qseeker and GameSpy clans were honest-to-god some really great times, if not the best, along with all the geocities and angelfire team pages to browse through and start shit with other clans, lol.

Kudos to you sir for bringing a nostalgiac smile to my face.

I'm glad that spirit has not been forgotten over the years. I hope you bring it back and start the best damn clan the gaming world has ever seen, sir... better late than never =D

Do you want to join the group?

A new era of DOOM has arrived.

Ooh boy! A clan! I remmeber being part of a quake 2 clan on Mplayer or Heat, one of those.. It was a good time! I'd join up, but I can't promise I'd be on for hours at a time, life stuff has me busy. :(

If you don't mind that, then for sure I'd rock with you bros!

Platform: PC
Name: Champskiez103

MINDustry said:

Do you want to join the group?

A new era of DOOM has arrived.

Kid, it's real cute what you're trying, but the whole spirit and culture of the clans is long gone. Back then, the internet was a different sort of place, and so were video games. But around 2006, everything changed. Gamers lost their balls and became industry shills. They stopped being men and turned into "fanboys."

The only true men left in the entire gaming universe--I kid you not--are the one's found on an obscure server broadcasting from a former Soviet satellite state that runs a perpetual clan arena game...where players play for more than just points, but life and death itself.

TheGamePhilosophe said:

Kid, it's real cute what you're trying, but the whole spirit and culture of the clans is long gone. Back then, the internet was a different sort of place, and so were video games. But around 2006, everything changed. Gamers lost their balls and became industry shills. They stopped being men and turned into "fanboys."

The only true men left in the entire gaming universe--I kid you not--are the one's found on an obscure server broadcasting from a former Soviet satellite state that runs a perpetual clan arena game...where players play for more than just points, but life and death itself.

Uhh what? Clans are still a huge part of FPS gaming. They're still huge in CS, Quake and COD.

I'd be happy to join. Just a question, are there any rules regarding what you can and can't do; some clans make you log in everyday or play a number of games everyday.

Steam account name:RobbingSnake
Steam Username: Robbiewill8

IMO modern clans are pretty cancerous.
COD and Halo style clans have pretty much ruined the entire concept, and takes playing a game from being fun, into a frustrating, overly serious experience.

EDIT: Not to mention the amount of drama that most clans tend to stir up.

Guest Unregistered account

I'd like to join!
Steam Name: Kapanyo

We need to come up with a Clan name (oh, man...).

CacoClan?
BFG?
ImpsE?
It'sGreenAndPissed? (Yep, that was originally gonna be Doom's name)(but srsly jk)

I'll show myself out.

The Civ said:

COD and Halo style clans have pretty much ruined the entire concept, and takes playing a game from being fun, into a frustrating, overly serious experience.

This.

The Civ said:

Why is that? I think people here are a different breed compared to the Halo, COD crowd.

Guest MIND
TheGamePhilosophe said:

I have no idea what your talking about.

I may be under 25 (most DOOM fans were born in the early 80's), but gaming groups or "clans" are alive and well. I don't know if it's because I used the term "clan" or whatever but it's the same thing.

To answer all your questions, the clan is a free as you come one. If you want to play a lot, your free to do so, if you need a break, take a break.

We share/make custom levels, play Deathmatch, and just relax and have fun.

I think a better idea would be to just make a Doomworld DOOM '16 group, and then we can use that to organize matches, SnapMap co-op sessions, etc. together.

Guest MIND

I made a clan. Anybody is free to join provided they own a PC and participate. It's not a competitive group. Just one where we can share level making when Snap Map comes out (WAD's), Deathmatch, and just chill.

No drama. Just pure fun and chaos. Hop aboard.

the days of me referring to anyone i game with as 'clan' are long gone. that shit stopped being cool when i became old enough to have sex, same with my old usernames and such. you grow out of that eventually.

that said i would love to play with some of you guys when the game comes out, just don't be calling me your clan buddy or i'm gonna have to put you on mute.

you guys can find me on steam under the same user name.

This thread is so confusing. Clans are still widely used, especially in the big franchises like COD and Destiny. Yet everyone's acting like they don't exist anymore?

Moon Marin said:

the days of me referring to anyone i game with as 'clan' are long gone. that shit stopped being cool when i became old enough to have sex.

Riighhht.. I mean, you don't have to sit around the water cooler, talking with your co-workers about your clan, and quoting Monty Python. People do nerdier stuff now anyways. But for the most part, the world grew out of a clear separation of "nerd/jock". I'm 31 and I have friends who love video games, and talk video games; and I have friends who barely know anything about computers, aside from the latest Apple computer. Just have fun with it and stop worrying.

ChickenOrBeef said:

This thread is so confusing. Clans are still widely used, especially in the big franchises like COD and Destiny. Yet everyone's acting like they don't exist anymore?

To try to clear things up... Clans nowadays have been reduced to a three or four letter acronym next to a players name. This 'standard' has come about thanks to the early wave of 360/PS3 shooters, such as Call of Duty.

Obviously, with the typical level of maturity found on those games, the term 'clan' seems to have degraded with them.

Nowadays the 'proper clans' so to speak tent to be referred to more as teams. You can find famous teams exist in most online games. Some games, such as CS:GO, have a professional scene, in which these teams compete for money (and fame) - you don't commonly see these teams referred to as clans anymore.

However, yes, the word clan is still commonly used day in and day out throughout the gaming world, and anyone who denies that is either 'out of the loop', so to speak, or is trying to leave the term behind thanks to the childish impression it leaves with it.

Guest MIND

Wow, I didn't know the thread would turn into a shitfest just because I decided to use the word "clan" instead of group.

Just call it a group then if it floats your boat. I don't really care.

Geez.

I'm glad to see people have joined.

Sounds good!

Also, why not just post the steamgroup in this topic? And have you come up with a cool Doomworld related name?

brokenhangar said:

Thanks. I see it's invite only, is there a setting to let people ask for an invite? Might as well make this thing as easy to join as possible if it's the unofficial Doomworld group. And ideally not just monitored by one person who may or may not lose interest, not sure if it can be set up so several people in the group can let people join.