Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
[McD] James

The Announcer

He's terrible. The previous one was phenomenal. The original announcer had this eerily cold and mechanical tone to his voice, and it really complimented the feel of everything. The new announcer sounds like he would wet his pants if he ever actually saw a Baron of Hell rip someone in half. How do you go from having one of the best announcers in a video game to one of the absolute worst?

I don't like the announcer either, I already said this in another thread but I hope they add other alternatives and an option to shut him up.

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere...

The announcer is the least problem, the multiplayer needs a weapon power rebalance mainly the plasma gun and the lighniging gun that looked underpowered compared to Quake 3 ones for example, even the pulse rifle felt underpowered.

The lack of armor pick ups and the limit of 50 armor ponits (above that you lose armor until it goes 50) are also 2 issues here. Lack of items that allow your heath and armor to reach above 100 (up to 200).

The demon transform takes 1 minute while other power ups like quad damage takes only 30 seconds.

The MP is suppose to be a simulation.
When you respawn it even says something about "rebuilding vital signs"
it's a computer. A Demon announcer, or something from Quake 3 wouldn't make sense. I doubt they'll make that announcer change; unless they give you variations for the AI voice.

Champskiez103 said:

The MP is suppose to be a simulation.

I find the fact they actually tell you this to be extremely obnoxious honestly. Why make my kills feel worthless by telling me it's a "simulation"? Did anyone really care why exactly they were killing other players in multiplayer?

hardcore_gamer said:

I find the fact they actually tell you this to be extremely obnoxious honestly. Why make my kills feel worthless by telling me it's a "simulation"? Did anyone really care why exactly they were killing other players in multiplayer?

Ditto. It's a stupid answer to a question no one has asked.

If you dislike the english announcer then listen to the german voice. The german announcer sounds even worse.

I have never heared the disinterrested banker, is there a video where i can hear him?

Otus said:

If you dislike the english announcer then listen to the german voice. The german announcer sounds even worse.

I have never heared the disinterrested banker, is there a video where i can hear him?

QFT. Luckily, my Steam account is configured to use english language. When I heard the german announcer in some reviews, I couldn't believe how awful he is. Reminds me when the first games released on CD with voicetracks. The branche was so small back then, that in Germany, that only very cheap voice actors (who voice pr0n-movies etc.) or even real amateurs from within the publisher could be used. The german announcer is this level of bad...his intonation is like someone constantly gives him electroshocks while he tries to read the lines.

Edit: come to think of it, his intonation greatly reminds of the (brilliant) "Sinnlos im Weltraum"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAUIHBAxbXY

hardcore_gamer said:

Yeah, I thought Doom was the don't-give-a-fuck, let's just do this and not worry about context type of experience. What the fudge?

hardcore_gamer said:

Doom is ruined now cause of some added context

im burning my preorder

hardcore_gamer said:

Wow, I could swear I was actually playing virtual skeeball.

https://hackertrips.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/virtual-virtual-skeeball-futurama.jpg?w=652

Zemini said:

Maybe they will allow us to customize it.

Female voice, demon voice, ect.

Yeah, one option, two sliders:

[ ] Male [ ] Female

[----------------------------------------------]
Banker..............................Base Jumper

[----------------------------------------------]
Interested........................I couldn't care less

When I first heard the announcer I was reminded of this:

This announcer would tide a Scottish soccer riot to boredom.