Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

What song do you want played at your funeral and why?

It's your funeral. This is the last impression you'll make on your friends and family.

What are you jamming to on your way to the Worm Café?

When they lower me into the ground, I want Dirt On The Grave by Black Label Society to play. It's a somber but comforting song about how everything must eventually come to an end.

This

Because it's haunting and hilarious at the same time.
I might pick a different Marilyn Manson song, but this one came to mind first.

Why? Why not! I'll only have one funeral, so might as well make it memorable.

Everyone who turns up for the service is obligated to do the zombie dance.

Few songs capture the raw essence of misery and death like "Passover." It is cold, melancholic, detached, anxious, sad. My funeral song...

I was like six when Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" was released. I decided back then that I wanted it played at my funeral and have just sorta stuck by that decision on principle.

TraceOfSpades said:

It's filthy Frank, mothafucka!!! It's filthy Frank, BITCH!

AAAAA! The song you play just BEFORE you need to have a funeral:

This one, "Supa Scoopa And Mighty Scoop" by Kyuss. Listen to it a couple of times. Despite the song being given a tremendously bad name with no relation to the lyrics (only beaten by "Hank is dead" by Red Rang) the lyrics are pretty fitting for a funeral occasion.

When I was younger I toyed with the idea of what song I'd want to play at my funeral, but I believe funerals are not for the deceased, but for those who must carry on, so at my funeral I'd just have to say don't play any songs that will make people get any more emotional and feel any more stress than they already are. Though the worst offender is people who are not the deceased who want it done their way (not talking about the mother/father/wife/hubby/siblings, obviously).

Yeah, I'm going to request to be cremated and then request my family to throw the ashes of the cliffs of Dover. My plan is that it will end up like the scene in the Big Lebowsky.

Did you know that some of Hunter S Thompsons ashes blew back into the punch bowl?

The way I figure it, I'll be dead when it happens, so I don't really care what people do then.

Maybe Epitome V by Blut Aus Nord as it states: "The origins are multiplying; they proliferate and sow the seconds of dread and doubt that will accompany these deaths up to the gates of nothingness"

This.

Or this.

Either way, I'd be dead so I wouldn't really know if they even played it, would I?

NeedHealth said:

Yeah, I'm going to request to be cremated and then request my family to throw the ashes of the cliffs of Dover.

While listening to Eric Johnson's Cliffs of Dover? ;p

Ah no it's not a cover; different song; instrumental. I didn't realize the name of the song you were talking about was the white cliffs of dover, tbh I forgot what song played at that part.