Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Outrageous Videos

Doom 4 DLC

Oh my god, new Doom has DLC, the game is officialy:
Bad, shitty, horrible, crappy, broken, unplayable, dead, awful piece of mess. 0/10

AnonimVio said:

Oh my god, new Doom has DLC, the game is officialy:
Bad, shitty, horrible, crappy, broken, unplayable, dead, awful piece of mess. 0/10

What modern game doesn't have DLC?

Plus, it won't be necessary. Its up to you on whether you want it or not. An expansion, nothing more nor less. The game is the actual content.

Voros said:

Plus, it won't be necessary. Its up to you on whether you want it or not. An expansion, nothing more nor less. The game is the actual content.

I guess I'm not that good with sarcasm.

AnonimVio said:

I guess I'm not that good with sarcasm.

Its just me. :)

Voros said:

That's hardly the point. After all, Doom was one of the first (if not the very first?) games to have DLC - the upgrade patch from registered Doom to Ultimate Doom added episode 4, and I can't think of any other term for that.

This game is gonna deliver what to expect of a Doom game. 13+ campaign (on medium difficulty) is fucking awesome and worth €60 because these days a modern fps game has a campaign of 6+ hours, this is not gonna be a regular campaign like COD Battlefield and an other modern fps game but a badass campaign. Than you have SnapMap, where you can build your own maps and game modes like survival, than you have the multiplayer mode which is awesome from what i have played and seen.

I'm gonna buy this season pass because i want everything from this game because this game deserves it. If you find this game awesome why won't you buy dlc then? If i play a game and i like it a fucking lot (which happens not so often) than i buy the dlc. I think they will come with singleplayer dlc after a year or so which was the case with Wolfenstein The New Order.

Krimson Madness said:

This game is gonna deliver what to expect of a Doom game. 13+ campaign (on medium difficulty) is fucking awesome and worth €60 because these days a modern fps game has a campaign of 6+ hours, this is not gonna be a regular campaign like COD Battlefield and an other modern fps game but a badass campaign. Than you have SnapMap, where you can build your own maps and game modes like survival, than you have the multiplayer mode which is awesome from what i have played and seen.

I'm gonna buy this season pass because i want everything from this game because this game deserves it. If you find this game awesome why won't you buy dlc then? If i play a game and i like it a fucking lot (which happens not so often) than i buy the dlc. I think they will come with singleplayer dlc after a year or so which was the case with Wolfenstein The New Order.

That's besides the point. People will always complain about dlc, but usually unless it's halo/cod/bf there aren't map packs that split the community. Not that I care, if your decision on whether or not to buy the game at all depends on a season pass FOR MULTIPLAYER then that's on you. If mp ends up being to my liking I'll probably get the season pass anyways.

They promised classic id multiplayer
instead we got day one dlc with call of doom style gameplay
sponsorships for people they think their target audiences watch

and to me it seems like this is black ops 3 with a doom skin

P.S. sorry if this starts some sort of anti doom 4 circle jerk

Krimson Madness said:

We don't know as much on single player as we do with them regurgitating more and more multiplayer crap (on their social media pages) that some of us don't give a damn about. Snapmap will have its uses but eventually we will run into limits so it's no true replacement for a map editor like we have for the classic games.

It's people who mindlessly buy DLC and Season Pass like you without doing further research if you might get screwed over by it down the line if the quality of it is average or worse. That and you keep big companies continuing this practice due to mindless consumerism, this also includes idiots who buy the yearly Call of Duty, FIFA and Madden going.

You CAN be a fan without being a blatant Yes-Man, you know.

It's not idiotic to enjoy something, and to want more of it.

I bought the Battlefront season pass. I bought the Mortal Kombat X season pass. I've even bought a few CoD games over the years. What madness compelled me to hand over my money for this trash, you ask? Because I wanted it.

I don't give a damn about these DLCs, because it's today's standarts. Sad but true. At least few dollars isn't so much for favorite game.

Outrageous Videos said:

oh the dlcs are 20$

If they're multiplayer centric, forget about it.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Make expansions instead of DLCs :( , you Lazy cows .

So ... you're frustrated at someone baking cherry pie, and calling them lazy for not going out of their way to bake cherry pie?

DMGUYDZ64 said:

i hope for mission packs. i miss the days of rogue and xatrix. elder scrolls gets mission packs, so maybe we will get lucky. dlc is a pretty anomolous term...

pretty dumb considering doom started out being shareware. but i guess this is to be expected in today's industry. make a game, cut it in half, sell the initial half as the original, then slowly sell the remaining as the DLC

sleepii said:

pretty dumb considering doom started out being shareware. but i guess this is to be expected in today's industry. make a game, cut it in half, sell the initial half as the original, then slowly sell the remaining as the DLC

Shareware, yeah, because no one used the fucking internet back then (you had to go out and get a physical copy of said shareware).

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Aren't those just two different words for essentially the same thing?

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Yes, like The Old Blood.

Sad sad people, feeling so let down because of MP DLCs. Instead of being happy that no SP content has been cut they moan about MP that will die a month from the release. Many modern games have their main SP content cut, entire missions, weapons and stuff and 'offered' as day-one DLCs. Here we have post-release DLC for MP. Yet people are still complaining.

Don't worry they already anounced big DLC with remastered original Doom. This game has big future.

Doomkid said:

An Expansion as far as i know is a pack of DLCs, when DLC is just a small set of additional stuff .

Doomkid said:

almost

with an expansion, you actually get content for your money, like the RoE exp for Doom3, while DLCs are just a ripoff

No. DLCs can be literally anything from small cash-grab worthless customization options to proper expansions such as XCOM: Enemy Within or Knife of Dunwall / Brigmore Witches for Dishonored. Even RAGE: The Scorchers was a decent amount of content for $5.

I have read somewhere while searching on Google. In Call of Duty Games like Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3, if you do private match, you can play against owners who purchased the season packs. I believe that if Doom has the private match included, it's possible.