• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

Japanese Community Project [Final Version released on idgames]

Hallo guys and thanks for feedbacks :)

rhinoduck said:

map11: there are two P3 starts in the voodoo doll trap, one should be P4

I see, I'll fix it. Thank you for checking maps!

Amarande said:

Ah, forgot about Wine (even though I use it regularly for Icewind Dale 2 and Diablo 3 ...).

yadex works fine too.

Spoiler

> apt-cache search doom|sort|grep -i doom
bsp - nodes builder for doom-engine levels
chocolate-common - fichiers communs pour Chocolate Doom/Heretic/Hexen/Strife
chocolate-doom - moteur Doom étroitement compatible avec le Doom d'origine
darkradiant - Level design toolchain for DOOM3 and The Dark Mod
deutex - outil de composition pour les fichiers du type doom WAD
dhewm3-d3xp - dhewm3's gamelibrary for the title DOOM³: Resurrection of Evil
dhewm3-doom3 - dhewm3's gamelibrary for the title DOOM³
dhewm3 - GPL Doom 3 game engine
doomloader - Perl script to play lots of wads
doomsday-common - enhanced version of the legendary DOOM game - common files
doomsday-data - enhanced version of the legendary DOOM game - data files
doomsday-server - enhanced version of the legendary DOOM game - server
doomsday - version améliorée du célèbre jeu DOOM
doomseeker-chocolatedoom - Chocolate Doom plugin for Doomseeker.
doomseeker - Internet server browser for Doom.  Be sure to download a plugin to use (doomseeker-<port name>).
doomseeker-odamex - Odamex plugin for Doomseeker.
doomseeker-skulltag - Skulltag plugin for Doomseeker.
doomseeker-vavoom - Vavoom plugin for Doomseeker.
doomseeker-zandronum - Zandronum plugin for Doomseeker.
doomseeker-zdaemon - ZDaemon plugin for Doomseeker.
doom-wad-shareware - Shareware game files for the 3D game Doom
eternity-engine - Doom source port.
eureka - map editor for the classic DOOM games
freedm - multiplayer deathmatch game for Doom-compatible engines
freedoom - two single player campaigns for Doom-compatible engines
glbsp - nodes builder for Doom-style games; has support for OpenGL
gzdoom1 - OpenGL version of ZDoom. For users with only OpenGL 2 support.
gzdoom - OpenGL version of ZDoom.
libglbsp3 - node builder library for OpenGL-based Doom-style games
libglbsp-dev - node builder library for OpenGL-based Doom-style games (headers)
libwadseeker-dev - Mod fetching library for Doom.
libwadseeker - Mod fetching library for Doom.
odamex - Client Server Doom source port.
prboom-plus - enhanced clone of the classic first-person shooter Doom
prboom-plus-game-server - enhanced clone of the classic first-person shooter Doom (server)
rbdoom3bfg - Doom3 BFG edition game engine
remood - ReMooD, a Doom Legacy source port
slade - Slade Doom resource editor.
wadc - programming environment for creating doom levels
yadex - WAD file editor for doom-style WADs
zdoom - Advanced Doom source port.

ducon said:

yadex works fine too.

eureka - map editor for the classic DOOM games
slade - Slade Doom resource editor.
yadex - WAD file editor for doom-style WADs

I've cut away all the stuff that is irrelevant for getting an editor's view of an already made map. Stuff like Deutex, GLBSP, or WadC won't really help here, stuff like DarkRadiant isn't even for classic Doom, and the rest is libraries, free IWADs, launchers, and port engines.

Eureka is an updated Yadex, made by Andrew Apted, by the way, so the choice is between Slade, Yadex, and Yadex++.

Keyboard_Doomer said:

We would be glad to play this WAD for this week's Thursday Night Survival on ZDaemon and it would certainly be nice to see any of the creators join us. Not only for our joy but also to see how large groups of marines can tackle your maps and to discover some hidden bugs and possible improvements for final version.

In case a later date fits you better we will be happy to postpone the session to a future Thursday to make the playthrough as beneficial to you as it can be.

Nice! I'm glad that this wad is used in TNS. Of course, I will announce it to contributors, but it is difficult to take part in TNS for a Japanese player because the most of Japanese sleep on that time. Sorry, I have to go to work on Friday, so I can't usually join in TNS.

Btw, some bugs on coop were reported, so I fixed these errors. This wad has map 11, 18, and 26 with fixing coop issues. In additon, updated version of map 5 on before my post is also included. Load it with JPCP_1st.wad.
DL link:http://www.mediafire.com/download/hv4t9c3uarr2xh9/JPCP_coopfix.zip

Keyboard_Doomer said:

EDIT: It's also possible to jump to the next window without using straferun. I guess that might be the supposed way how to get the secret.

EDIT 2: Possible to make the jump without straferunning to the original window as well, actually. Just needs a bigger run-up.

Yes, straferunning is unnecessary. All maps were designed so.

tatsurd-cacocaco said:

Nice! I'm glad that this wad is used in TNS. Of course, I will announce it to contributors, but it is difficult to take part in TNS for a Japanese player because the most of Japanese sleep on that time.

Yes, this is very unfortunate. The session starts at 19:00 BST which is... 3:00 AM JST.

However, TNS usually lasts for 6 and more hours so in case any of the contributors have a free time on Friday and like some Doom early in the morning we will be glad to see them.

Thanks for quickly fixing the bugs, we will be sure to use the coopfix. And of course, we will report any issues we might find in this thread.

Keyboard_Doomer said:

Yes, this is very unfortunate. The session starts at 19:00 BST which is... 3:00 AM JST.

However, TNS usually lasts for 6 and more hours so in case any of the contributors have a free time on Friday and like some Doom early in the morning we will be glad to see them.

Thanks for quickly fixing the bugs, we will be sure to use the coopfix. And of course, we will report any issues we might find in this thread.

Oh, I didn't know how long TNS lasts.
Now, I think it is not impossible for me to join in TNS. I will get up early, then I will take part in it about one hour before going to work.

tatsurd-cacocaco said:

Oh, I didn't know how long TNS lasts.
Now, I think it is not impossible for me to join in TNS. I will get up early, then I will take part in it about one hour before going to work.

Great to hear that.

Here is the forums post specifying some details.

Everyone who has already enjoyed this WAD in singleplayer as well as those who are still getting ready to play it are invited to join us!

I cant make any promises but I really enjoyed this map set and I would like to try out a TNS at some point, so I'll try to make it if I can :)

As has already been stated here many times, great job to the Japanese community on this megawad; these maps look awesome and are a ton of fun to play! I enjoyed them so much they were featured at the top of this past week's TWID article.

FDAs

Map 10: Accidentally overwrote FDA -_-. Was stumped quite a bit by the progression. The YK in particular seems like you can strafe-run-50 to it before raising the last part of the "bridge"; so I tried many times before even realizing that I had to go somewhere else to trigger that.

Map 11 (one death): Was shaping out to be a pretty cool map, but I had to quit when the path led me to telefrag a voodoo doll, with no sort of warning. Absolutely not a fan of that sort of thing. Every once in a while it seems there's a map that mixes up the concepts of 'challenge' and 'annoyance'.

Map 12: Well designed map. The last ambush doesn't work at all because the monsters can't reach you from where it's triggered.

Map 13: The massive amount of health/armor/ammo and low levels of threat made me sleepy, so there's some sloppy play here, but interesting concept. I liked the repopulation upon paths previously traveled during backtracking time. Most of the blur spheres in the level are pretty useless.

MAP32: It doesn't make sense the SSG is placed near the end of the map, it makes the beginning unnecessarily dickish and tedious with the ambush at the start with the Cacoes/Chaingunners/Revs/AV's etc.

Also is it intentional you can walk over and through these bars? http://imgur.com/dKbyvGq

Hello, I played a bit of your wad. For multiplayer, I think Map 11 ("My Fav") could use some more radsuits at the green area drop with the maze.

Wow I sure wish to see a japanese take on this western game, this is very interesting. Will play it tomorrow.

I still cannot comment on gameplay as I only got to play the total randomisation rotation in TNS, but I must say I loved the visuals in some maps; the attention to little details and lack of copy-pasta had my eyes constantly focusing on new interesting things as I went on. And even overall, I find the maps we played last night pleasing to my eyes and with layouts I can enjoy.

I recorded some fdas, on PRBoom+ cl2. I started from MAP10 bacause that's where I stopped to play the beta.

MAP10: I'm not so sure about those blue armors near each other. But as only thing I think that there need to be a few more cells.

MAP11: I died few times on those teleport death-traps, so I stopped to record as I was expecting more stuff like that. The map is quite cool actually, it's like "Killer Colours" but done in a more artistical way. The BFG trap may pass, but those death traps in the blue area need a warning imo.

MAP12: I died near the end I guess. Anyway it's a good map.

MAP13: The grates (lineds 285 and 297) bleed into the floor. Also the lines 285,297,4514 and 4519 seems like they need to be impassable

MAP14: It's okay, I only feel that the ammo on the start is too low.

MAP15: Actually I played bad on this one and I found myself without ammo, I didn't went far into the map. I beat it with saves though, but I still was really low on ammo almost all the time.

MAP31: Again here, you have mainly the pistol against too many monsters in the first areas. After you progress it gets better anyway.

MAP32: I think you could find a chaingun before getting into the YK room. Also the SSG would be better if it appears after you take the first elevator. I really liked the setting and the detail was really cool, though it was a bit too much cramped and it was easy to bump into stuff.

MAP16: This seems to be perfectly balanced.

MAp17: Died few times here but I beat it. It flows really fast that it wasn't a problem. A really fun map.

Jumping around now, mostly playing maps on gaspe's (implicit) recommendation, because I'm not really in the mood for one of the "sudden warningless death" maps. :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zp8hg2q7sfr653a/jpcp16-17_rdwpa_fda.rar

Map 16: Favorite map in the set so far! I really like how the key trap in the cave sent in the HKs, tempting you to think "yeah, that's the trap" and then let your guard down when it was time for the real trap. Maybe the last encounter could send in a small horde of ground-based monsters behind the player in addition to the cacos/PEs, or make a blur sphere available so that the player can kill the hitscanners more aggressively. But yeah, fun stuff.

Map 17: Pretty great. Well-designed map as is typical for burabo, and it also makes use of a common theme throughout (barrels and hilariously packed monsters). I love this. The last part has slightly too many distant snipers and (surprisingly) not enough chaingun ammo, I think. Using the rocket launcher in such cramped areas to get rid of those snipers encourages a very methodical approach, to avoid blast damage due to auto-aim gone awry, and that doesn't really fit in with the map's ethos.

Oh, forgot about an issue I wrote down...

map13: player can get stuck in the cut-off box near -2689 -1064 (it is possible to glide out of there, but not everyone can do that)

...even though it seems unlikely for someone to fall there, one guy got himself stuck in that place already.

I really liked this map pack!

My Fav was really well done, a lot of gimmicks on it I hadn't seen before.

map 7 ( I think that was the one where the map had a comic panel in it) was really cool.

Gonna try it tomorrow. It can't be bad if tatsurdcacocaco is main guy behind this megaWAD.

I've just reached map 27, and so far I've really enjoyed the ride. There are some duds, as expected with every community project, but the good stuff far outweighs the bad.

Maps 17, 19, 20, 25 and 26 were the most memorable experiences for me. I loved how map 26's various trap rooms were reused more than once with added twists. Map 25 required some jumping in dark environments, which can get pretty annoying, but the overall hellish setting is great and the map oozes with atmosphere.

Thanks for this, guys. Hopefully we'll see more content from your community in the future :)

Here's a HOM noticed near the end of map 26 :

Edit : map 28... What a chore to play. It's just too dark, it makes for a tiresome experience.

Other fdas, from MAP19 to MAP23.

18: Died too many times here, beat this playing normally with saves. The mood is quite cool actually. The first chaingun is allright I guess, but spotting the secret armor is quite difficult with the low light. And it's almost necessary as after you have to go in a dark room with many hitscanners. The RL comes very late, and I had more than 50 rocket when the only monsters left were the last mancubi. I guess that you have to use the cyberdemon to wipe out the horde of revenants and hell knight. Also the horizon could be hide somehow or at least make it wider, it looks like the world is square :P

Also I got this on the "container" with the yellow key:

Spoiler

19: I really loved the atmosphere in this map. I think that in the last parts the secrets are a bit too generous with health and ammo.

20: Imo you should find some cells and rocket at the red key. I don't think I had ennough ammo to kill the monsters. Also maybe there could sbe some more ammo in the initial stages, it seems to be too much tight.

21: Short but really good. Cool cyberdemon battle.

22: This is really tough, especially after you take the teleport. Killing that cyberdemon with the SSG is a boring task, the 2 archviles in the lower difficlty levels is a better setup also for UV imo.

23: It seems that going for the red key is the hardest path to choose as first. Anyway it was a really fun map. The mastermind was nice but if some monsters come from the sides instead that your front it could be more interesting.

24: This was really painful to play. The first horde of teleporting monsters you have necessarily to camp in one of the lateral hallways. Later you find yourself in a hallway with revenants and hell knights and you have only the SG and the chaingun. The SSG should be at the start in this map, not in a secret. I gave up when I ran out of ammo in the crate storage.

Latest Git Slade has proven quite useful for finding things :) WAY better than I remember it being in the past.

MAP31: Unless I'm missing something (nothing re-opens those bars?), that's a *sneaky bastard* setup regarding the yellow key ...

Everyone, thank you for feedback, FDAs, and taking part in TNS.

Sorry, map 10 has many bugs for coop. I must fix them.

Bloodite Krypto said:

MAP32: It doesn't make sense the SSG is placed near the end of the map, it makes the beginning unnecessarily dickish and tedious with the ambush at the start with the Cacoes/Chaingunners/Revs/AV's etc.

gaspe said:

MAP32: I think you could find a chaingun before getting into the YK room. Also the SSG would be better if it appears after you take the first elevator. I really liked the setting and the detail was really cool, though it was a bit too much cramped and it was easy to bump into stuff.

MAP24: This was really painful to play. The first horde of teleporting monsters you have necessarily to camp in one of the lateral hallways. Later you find yourself in a hallway with revenants and hell knights and you have only the SG and the chaingun. The SSG should be at the start in this map, not in a secret. I gave up when I ran out of ammo in the crate storage.

I agree on it now. SSG's positions will be changed.

WH-Wilou84 said:

Edit : map 28... What a chore to play. It's just too dark, it makes for a tiresome experience.

Is not light level which is 112 in the most of map enough for you?

Edit:Yes, you are right! It's too dark on non-openGL port.