Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

I feel the same way about the flats, but otherwise every shot of that project I've seen looks really lovely :)

A.Gamma said:

I made some speedmaps.

They were both made in about 3 days, here are the layouts.

Looks very awesome.

Bring back a old Doom unfinished map for editing, and replaced it for Heretic:

(Doom map, pretty much incomplete)

(Heretic map layout, still incomplete again)

Wich one is better?

Also, a screenshot from the Heretic version:

EDIT: Another thing i'm working on, this time for the texture extravaganza project:

Messing about with stock textures at almost 5am in the morning because I have no idea what I'm doing anymore.

Blue lock texture makes for some nice bordering!

Anybody wanna use these ideas for décor? Go for it! Would love to see it used!!

walter confalonieri said:

Bring back a old Doom unfinished map for editing, and replaced it for Heretic:

http://i.imgur.com/IyRQhDZ.png
(Doom map, pretty much incomplete)

http://i.imgur.com/3M6C6xA.png
(Heretic map layout, still incomplete again)

Wich one is better?

Also, a screenshot from the Heretic version:
http://i.imgur.com/XkuVn0w.png

EDIT: Another thing i'm working on, this time for the texture extravaganza project:
http://i.imgur.com/aigncIL.png

Heretic map looks intriguing, classic.

The outdoor scene looks too bright for Heretic's gloomy sky. And the shadow below the wooden beams should be even darker for greater contrast.

I'll post my old "bonus" map from my old ZDA project, screenshot would not give the whole feel of the map so I decided to put vid here instead, it has zero weigh and hopefully will not violate anything.

The music weighted down and violated my ears. Plonki, plonki, plonki. Apart from that and the doors that clips through the drapery it looks pretty cool. The elongated French balcony showing the outdoors was a nice touch. Actually the outdoor parts @10:17 for some reason reminds me of Ghosts'n'Goblins for the Arcade.

scifista42 said:

Interesting! It doesn't look all that good in the second screenshot, but nicely in the first one!

Yeah the splits in all of the lights midway kinda look off...perhaps in smaller bits it would look better...time to experiment!

NeedHealth said:

The music weighted down and violated my ears. Plonki, plonki, plonki.

Yeah, later on I decided to put there track-list with more silent and soft music such as the one soundtrack from steak-scene from Madagascar 1 ... or *place-based* soundtrack... There is a huge hallway with balcony... I planned rooms to be here... they are hidden in map without doors yet, that hall was originaly inspired from mlp series and was known as "hall of elements" it was far from what I wanted it to be, but i though that music "Gallery Theme" (u can find it on YT) would fit nicely here...

NeedHealth said:

Apart from that and the doors that clips through the drapery it looks pretty cool.

Minor bug, I always messed it whenever I pressed "a" to auto-allign all walls xD

NeedHealth said:

The elongated French balcony showing the outdoors was a nice touch. Actually the outdoor parts @10:17 for some reason reminds me of Ghosts'n'Goblins for the Arcade.

The whole map is pure imagination with no-inspiration. I was thinking/dreaming of map ... And it started with... Hey, what If I woke up mid-night in blue castle with epic view on Valley with river across it? I attempted to realize it, at least a bit.

I wanted the Castle to be huge with much more floors, there is also nice castle garden, the forest or "jungle" as someone says was made "in hurry" i wanted there to be some more buildings and a lot of closed paths with much more enviroment, I hardly push myself to continue due lack of time and lazyness heh

Here are some screens from the power plant map im making for Darkmoon. Progress is slow, but steady

Im planing to polish more the light of each zone, but im pleased how is turning out

Doom heaven ? Bonus level? This was "challenge accepted" test-wad demonstrating "sky" in software render...

That definitely reminds me of that bonus level in Super Mario 64 where you had to land on separate clouds with trees on them. Looks pretty amazing so far!

Medis said:

I'll post my old "bonus" map from my old ZDA project, screenshot would not give the whole feel of the map so I decided to put vid here instead, it has zero weigh and hopefully will not violate anything.

That looks so cool :D Some of the visuals look a little out of place/non-Doomy I think, but it looks like a really cool environment all the same. Is there a download link anywhere?