Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gatewatcher

Wow, All These New Members.

Hey, has anyone noticed the huge increase of new members lately? That's fine, I think it's cool that more people are coming, but a lot of them have been pretty stupid. There's a few PH'd threads that were ruined by people that registered this month and also there was a good thread in the questions forum that was raped too. There's probably more, but those are the ones I have noticed. I'm not bitching or anything, just wondering what anyone else thinks.

As far as I'm concerned, only a few people like Linguica and Mordeth aren't new members of the community ;)

I still consider myself a newbie. I think I'm a good newb though, haven't done too many stupid things in the almost four months I've been arround.

I'm about as new as they come around here. However, I do remember having a message or two in the really old forums.

I'm pretty sure that Unicorn was somebody from like newdoom or somewhere just srewing arround. He couldn't be that dumb.

gatewatcher said:

I'm pretty sure that Unicorn was somebody from like newdoom or somewhere just srewing arround. He couldn't be that dumb.

No I know who Unicorn was, he certainly isn't a dumbass.

If anyone is really interested to see whether there have been a lot of new members recently (or if it just seems that way), they could paste the member list into Excel (or whatever) and make a barchart of the dates everyone joined.

However, this would be a pretty tedious task given that the list is 48 pages long, unless there is a way to get it to display them all in one screenload.

i am an old member, been here longer than maybe a handfull. i really joined as a member almost a year before the date on my profile. however my original member name was doomgod1234, i changed it because i had to format my hard drive and i forgot my password, also i chnged ISP's after the format.

I'm no newbie. I just didn't post in six months and my account got nuked when...vBulletin showed up.
but thats okay. now i check out the site everyday, and try to post when i have something to say. i get good inspiration to work on my maps when hanging out at the site. sometimes i get ill, it comes and goes.

i hope to get a title soon.

Well, I registered back in 2000, did some stupid shit, got pissed at dw, invaded the newdoom forums, got scared, went back here and for the last year I've been posting at a regular rate. Just a few more days untill my DW b-day rolls around. =]

This is my second user name. My first one was registered almost exactly a year before this one. However, I've only been a regular member for about a year now.

I wouldn't consider myself to be an old member - but when I did register there were only 980 or so members, which has been swelling since.

I'm an old member, but I wasn't there from the beginning. I'm not an old member such as Mordeth, Lüt, etc..
I basicly began posting here in the same time Maonth and deadnail started posting here, if I remember correctly..

bigbadgangsta said:

No I know who Unicorn was, he certainly isn't a dumbass.

How could you NOT know who he is? You banned him about 25 times!

Read that again, and add a comma after 'No' this time. He said that he did know who Unicorn was.

I've been visiting DW for years, but only recently registered. I'd exchanged a few e-mails with people who are active here, so thought "what the hell, I might as well do this via the forums".

Woolie Wool said:

How could you NOT know who he is? You banned him about 25 times!

Read that again, and add a comma after 'No' this time. He said that he did know who Unicorn was.

I banned him because Linguica had banned him 3 times so I thought I'd save Ling the trouble of banning him again and again. And yes, I DO know the true identity of Unicorn...

bigbadgangsta said:

I banned him because Linguica had banned him 3 times so I thought I'd save Ling the trouble of banning him again and again. And yes, I DO know the true identity of Unicorn...

And I'm guessing it's a secret? I'm pretty sure I know who it is though... I mean it's obvious.

EDIT: and I was right, as usual.

RailGunner said:

Ralphis.

WRONG. kthxbye.

BBG: "Oh gee, I can finally use some of my power! Bye Unicorn!"

Unicorn's true identity is Bruce Wayne.