Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheGamePhilosophe

Interesting Video Review of the Beta

Deatheye said:

this guy is a moron

Really? Just because he tells the truth? Yes he could be too harsh sometimes and criticism is sometimes over the top but he is probably the only one who explains what the fuck is wrong with gaming today! He nails it pretty damn hard. Do I agree on everything with him? No! But at the same time I totally agree with him.
I'm not hating doom or beta....but I can clearly see what's wrong!

He's right about one thing, I can't see Doom 2016 being a competitive MP game. I think it'll have the same life span as Doom 3 and Quake 4.

This guy is triggering me hard as fuck. He keeps going on about how classic Doom is just about single player, he's reiterated that point so many times and its goddamn wrong each time. His ignorance of Doom deathmatch means he clearly is not the "top authority" on this as he claims. Also he called id "I.D." which is further proof of his infinite wisdom no doubt.

They're talking out of their asses in the comments and his review is shit. 'Call of DOOM' lmfao :D :D :D it doesn't even look, play and feel like COD. Now all those spoiled brats and shits that are complaining about DOOM should go back to Quake 3 Arena and a have blast playing in the past because the next Doom owns every fps game that was ever out. This is fucking DOOM not Quake if they wanna play Quake they should play Quake and stop hating on DOOM for not being a Quake game.

This whole weapon loadout thing making it automatically "call of doom" is really starting to annoy me. The whole weapons on the map thing is only really good in duel. Most team games people play are Clan Arena games in Quake, WHERE YOU SPAWN WITH EVERY FUCKING GUN AND THERE ARE NO POWER UPS. No one takes the other game types seriously in Quake. It's just duel, and clan arena, the rest are just spam fests (which are fun). So are the load outs even that crucial of a change? Also, this isn't fucking Quake.

Krimson Madness said:

They're talking out of their asses in the comments and his review is shit. 'Call of DOOM' lmfao :D :D :D it doesn't even look, play and feel like COD. Now all those spoiled brats and shits that are complaining about DOOM should go back to Quake 3 Arena and a have blast playing in the past because the next Doom owns every fps game that was ever out. This is fucking DOOM not Quake if they wanna play Quake they should play Quake and stop hating on DOOM for not being a Quake game.

He is criticising Doom for not being a true arena FPS as it is advertised! Tell me he is not right! And he is explaining why it is a call of doom rather than a thoroughbred
arena fps! Truth hurts - YES!

id.dav said:

He is criticising Doom for not being a true arena FPS as it is advertised! Tell me he is not right! And he is explaining why it is a call of doom rather than a thoroughbred

True arena fps doesn't mean a clone of older games.

id.dav said:

Comparing to UT and Quake 3 to Doom should be out of the question since they play totally different. I don't see why new Doom needs to be those games. I've explained this on many occasions, and I'm honestly sick of it, but go look up a classic Doom DM and tell me it looks like Unreal Tournament or Quake 3 (which I've noticed are apparently the only two arena shooters in existence, according to Doom '16 haters.).

TheWizard said:

True arena fps doesn't mean a clone of older games.

It doesn't and that's why I said that I do not agree with him on everything but I can see his point!

id.dav said:

He is criticising Doom for not being a true arena FPS as it is advertised!

http://doom.com/en-gb/multiplayer said:

Dominate your opponents in DOOM’s signature, fast-paced arena-style combat.

arena-style combat.
arena-style

Yeah I find this guys whinging and ranting unwarranted. So if you took out the nearly insignificant double jumping and allowed players to use unlimited weapons in every match then I can see him doing a total 180 and saying it breathes life to the classics. There are other aspects he hates like the Demon Rune but 7 minutes in the video I gave up watching.

Ok I understand these factors:
- Only 2 weapons holding, definitely a famous classic FPS aspect stripped in order to match modern day shooters.
* In its defense It really helps me master the weapons I chose without cycling through the many inappropriate that will get me killed. Doom MP is still so fast you can die if you waste even a second.
* Furthermore Let's not forget this isn't the only game mode you can play. Snapmap and the upcoming modes may certainty return the inefficient system some old school players hold dear.

- Demon Rune is way OP and a match can totally center around it
* In its defense Now that I have witnessed the feature I consider it too cool to remove. Just modify it! In public deathmatch they should have it only as a one time thing or weaken the demon. You can imagine the crazy fun in local games and many fun possibilities in Snapmap. I remember how special I found AvP2 online because of the optional Alien Lifecycle mode, the Queen morphing and Human Exoskeleton suit. This is like Dooms version.
* Furthermore The Demon is Doomed if ganked by an organised team and there are other powerups that can make short work of the monsters anyway. Quad damage for example.

- The CoD inspired leveling, battle bonuses and aesthetic unlocks
*In its defense While I'm not crazy about the usable bonuses, in my experience they were mostly useless. Once in a blue moon it helped me, like the timer on rune spawns but it can be rather situational. If it was left in game or taken out completely it wouldn't bother me.
*Furthermore The aesthetic unlocks may be a insignificant CoD like feature but it's still insignificant. It doesn't change the gameplay and there is nothing wrong with a little reward for playing. It acts like a carrot on a stick for some or a star sticker for a good kid at school. Also a bit of variation in armours is a good thing.

I may be bias on the Doom side but god damn the negative bias from people like in that video makes me want to publicly defend Doom despite some flaws that need fixing.

Well, you can't please everybody. And even if Doom was exactly the way that this guy wanted it to be, there would still be other people out there that would bitch and say that Doom is stuck in the past. In fact, there probably are people saying that.

The guys a fucking prat, just stiring the pot for clicks. I also noticed he has selected opinions, for instance when be was talking about black Mesa he was trying to convince hardcore quake players at some tournament to give half life a chance back in the day, so if that was his attitude then why is he not giving doom a chance for what it is rather than constant comparisons and what he wants it to be.

Also I am sure id has always stated doom MP is supposed to be a fresh take on of the arena style and not a 1:1 copy of the old skool.

I think people got mixed up with id saying doom will have claasic core mechanics like no reload, no health regen thinking they were also promising hardcore arena MP.

Chezza said:

TL;DR Hi my name is Chezza and I should be a role mode to everybody B)

You know I must say, bravo to you Chezza, the way you confronted the opinions and issues of this particular topic should be how we normally deal with things like these

Three thumbs up to you dude

BluePineapple72 said:

You know I must say, bravo to you Chezza, the way you confronted the opinions and issues of this particular topic should be how we normally deal with things like these

Three thumbs up to you dude

Haha cheers mate, appreciate it.

i find it genuinely fucking hilarious that thegamephilosophe of all people here would engross this shitshow here as anything short of 'interesting' just because there's swear words and modern day game bashing in it

also 10/10 repost my man

Doomkid said:

This guy is triggering me hard as fuck. He keeps going on about how classic Doom is just about single player, he's reiterated that point so many times and its goddamn wrong each time. His ignorance of Doom deathmatch means he clearly is not the "top authority" on this as he claims. Also he called id "I.D." which is further proof of his infinite wisdom no doubt.

Why are people expecting this to be Quake 3???

Also, do you even like Doom or did you just come to this forum to shit on the new game? I've never seen you in the WADs or any other section.

To be fair, what we think of Doom MP now reflects more on Quake's attributes to MP than the original game. All the modern source ports play more like Live than what Doom had to offer in 1993. It wasn't until Dwango that MP started to more like arena-centric.

Doomkid said:

This guy is triggering me hard as fuck.

What, did you have an obnoxious Celt in your squad in Afghanistan or something?

Yes, and then you read about people wanting rocket jump as if it wouldn't be a "real" Doom game without it.

Start a game, get rocket launcher, point rocket at ground and see what happens.

DooM_RO said:

Yes, and then you read about people wanting rocket jump as if it wouldn't be a "real" Doom game without it.

Start a game, get rocket launcher, point rocket at ground and see what happens.

From what I've seen the maps don't complement rocket jumping what so ever. I hope we have less claustrophobic maps in the final game.

Technician said:

From what I've seen the maps don't complement rocket jumping what so ever. I hope we have less claustrophobic maps in the final game.

It doesn't need it. It belongs in Quake.

It is JUST the opinion of ONE guy with a channel.
It's an opinion that will soon contradict itself because he's reviewing
the MP experience from a SP based game, which is still hidden to all of us.
So yeah how valuable is that review in terms of being complete ?

and,...

to me that guy is a good example of an oldschool gamer that can't get over the
fact that things evolve in life. a double jump... back in the days there was no
double jump.... Yea dude exactly, things evolve, and if u don't want to double
jump then just don't click the button twice :) boohoo it's not what it used to be...
BE GLAD IT'S NOT, or people would feel very ripped off... paying so much gold for
a game that existed 20 yeas ago.
Talking about how it was so cool u had to find weapons, but still showing us
instagib footage... the guy just needs attention so just give him a thumbs up
for his effort and get on with anticipating for the real game :)