Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krimson Madness

In Defense of DOOM

People compare this game too much with Halo and why? Because of the armor, back in the day when Halo saw light people where complaining that Masterchief looked like Doomguy and now of a sudden Doomguy (they're obviously talking about the customizable multiplayer variant) looks like Masterchief.

For the dumbasses who calls DOOM as Call of Doom, well guys i don't know if you follow the news but that idea was cancelled by id Software because it looked much like Call of Duty. Why do people call this Call of Doom? Because of the loadouts and the hack modules (temporary perks never seen before to me by the way), i like loadouts more and it fits more with a fast paced game in my opinion, not all weapons can be equiped in your loadout so the powerfull weapons stil needs to be picked up and if i remember correctly powerfull weapons can be equiped in your loadout in Call of Duty. DOOM doesn't feel, look and play like Call of Duty.

Some Quake 3 Arena fanboys wants the multitplayer be like Quake 3 Arena and are already bashing this game for not being so and some of them call it Call of Doom (i refer you guys to my second explanation) well this is DOOM and DOOM was never a arena style based game and it is not advertised as an arena game, if that was the case the campaign of DOOM would be like multiplayer but with bots like in Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament. If you want a arena based game i prefer to you the Unreal Tournament remake because outside the campaign this game is not for you guys.

Personally this game will be Game of the Year to me because it's been since Wolfenstein The new Order and The Old Blood i had so much fun with a fps game.
Thank you for listening to the real DOOM fans id Software.

Nah, Here we go again .
Clearly Doom looks so much like Halo 5 because of Assassinations, High jumps, Customizations, Grenades and Armors , so Eeemm ...

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Nah, Here we go again .
Clearly Doom looks so much like Halo 5 because of Assassinations, High jumps, Customizations, Grenades and Armors , so Eeemm ...

frankly I don't give a fuck how close they are or how close their styles of gameplay are now

I just want them to take all the feedback they possibly can and perhaps make it so that the game plays better in the end, be it negative or positive

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Nah, Here we go again .

Well if they wanna add some modern feel into the game by adding some little stuff from Halo than Halo is a good inspiration but the gameplay is still like DOOM and that's what's important. High jumps? I don't remember Halo had a double jump.

Then play it again :v Halo 3 for instance had high jumps, and so 4 and 5 , I honestly still like the game anyways .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Then play it again :v Halo 3 for instance had high jumps, and so 4 and 5 , I honestly still like the game anyways .

I played all the Halo games and yeah Halo has high jumps but not a double jump. About assassination if you wanna do an assassination Halo it has to be from the back and if you do that it turns in to a third person assassination, in DOOM you only can do a glory kill if the enemy is damaged enough and you can do one from all angles and it stays in fps while in Halo you can only do it from the back so DOOM makes way better use of it. And the customizing in DOOM is better too and you don't have to do microtransactions to get some cool armor because you can unlock them by leveling up.

Krimson Madness said:

People compare this game too much with Halo and why? Because of the armor, back in the day when Halo saw light people where complaining that Masterchief looked like Doomguy and now of a sudden Doomguy (they're obviously talking about the customizable multiplayer variant) looks like Masterchief.

For the dumbasses who calls DOOM as Call of Doom, well guys i don't know if you follow the news but that idea was cancelled by id Software because it looked much like Call of Duty. Why do people call this Call of Doom? Because of the loadouts and the hack modules (temporary perks never seen before to me by the way), i like loadouts more and it fits more with a fast paced game in my opinion, not all weapons can be equiped in your loadout so the powerfull weapons stil needs to be picked up and if i remember correctly powerfull weapons can be equiped in your loadout in Call of Duty. DOOM doesn't feel, look and play like Call of Duty.

Some Quake 3 Arena fanboys wants the multitplayer be like Quake 3 Arena and are already bashing this game for not being so and some of them call it Call of Doom (i refer you guys to my second explanation) well this is DOOM and DOOM was never a arena style based game and it is not advertised as an arena game, if that was the case the campaign of DOOM would be like multiplayer but with bots like in Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament. If you want a arena based game i prefer to you the Unreal Tournament remake because outside the campaign this game is not for you guys.

Personally this game will be Game of the Year to me because it's been since Wolfenstein The new Order and The Old Blood i had so much fun with a fps game.
Thank you for listening to the real DOOM fans id Software.

Ahh, adolescence. Good fun.

Flesh420 said:

You couldn't resist quoting that Huge text could you <:

Almonds said:

I just want them to take all the feedback they possibly can and perhaps make it so that the game plays better in the end, be it negative or positive

The game has already been printed and shipped to many distributors.

Technician said:

The game has already been printed and shipped to many distributors.

Devs usually announce when a game has gone gold. That hasn't happened with DOOM, especially since the Open Beta hasn't even happened yet.

With that said, even after it does go gold, there can still be a Day 1 Update, and further patches going forward.

Zemini said:

oh no it has guns, halo rip off!

And relatively slow movement speed. And loadouts. And a two-weapon limit. And grenades. And similar-looking armor (more Halo than classic DOOM).

It isn't necessarily a Halo clone or rip-off, but I can understand the comparisons.

EDIT: Let's also not forget that the MP is being done by Certain Affinity, a Halo dev! I don't think it's a coincidence that there are some similarities to Halo.

Flesh420 said:

Well, that's a crime we've all been guilty of at some point in our lives.

If I was 16 again I probably would have made this exact thread by now. For the reasons Chubz mentioned, I do see why people compare it, but a lot of people are calling it a "ripoff" which it honestly doesn't seem to be.

I'm looking forward to making small duel arenas in snapmap and turning on fast player speed.. I think that's gonna be my jam. I'll be in the main multiplayer servers too though, it will be nice having various ways to enjoy the game.

Flesh420 said:

Is this an insult? if so than my discussion with you is over before it even started, calling me a child but acting like a child is kinda ironic. I played and finished all DOOM games if you think i didn't play them.

chubz said:

And relatively slow movement speed. And loadouts. And a two-weapon limit. And grenades. And similar-looking armor (more Halo than classic DOOM).

It isn't necessarily a Halo clone or rip-off, but I can understand the comparisons.

EDIT: Let's also not forget that the MP is being done by Certain Affinity, a Halo dev! I don't think it's a coincidence that there are some similarities to Halo.

In the singleplayer you can carry as much weapons as you want loadouts are only in multiplayer. It's not a slow movement speed, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo and etc has slow movement speed. There are indeed some similarities to Halo but still plays like DOOM, when i was playing the beta i didn't had the feeling that i was playing Halo it felt like DOOM to me.

Doomkid said:

If I was 16 again I probably would have made this exact thread by now. For the reasons Chubz mentioned, I do see why people compare it, but a lot of people are calling it a "ripoff" which it honestly doesn't seem to be.

I'm looking forward to making small duel arenas in snapmap and turning on fast player speed.. I think that's gonna be my jam. I'll be in the main multiplayer servers too though, it will be nice having various ways to enjoy the game.

I'm 24 don't insult me with calling me a child, i'm a huge DOOM fanboy but i know that there are some things they can fix in the multiplayer of the new DOOM game but that's just some small things.

You know, from my own experience the overzealous defense of a game (as seen a *lot* in this particular forum) is usually more about trying to fend off your own negative thoughts than it is to convince anyone else they're wrong. A few years down the line one accepts that perhaps the game wasn't all that and you move on. I've been there. It's not pretty.

Krimson Madness said:

I'm 24 don't insult me with calling me a child

I never said you are a child, your post just reminds me of ones I made in my teens.

Shaviro said:

You know, from my own experience the overzealous defense of a game (as seen a *lot* in this particular forum) is usually more about trying to fend off your own negative thoughts than it is to convince anyone else they're wrong. A few years down the line one accepts that perhaps the game wasn't all that and you move on. I've been there. It's not pretty.

That was me when Final Fantasy XIII was coming out. I was religiously following that game for years and was banking on it being another classic RPG that I could sink my teeth into and play over and over again, like I did with FFX and FFVII. The reviews came out after the initial Japanese release and they weren't very stellar, so I spent a lot of time defending a game I hadn't played.

Then I played it and hated it. lol

A lot of people seem to be hellbent on hating everything related to id, though. It seems like every game that they release gets more hate than the last one. I wonder if DOOM4 will break a new record for the company in that regard. Or is it just a vocal minority? I'm not really following that. But the Beta currently has a 104vs41 positive to negative ratio.

Well I doubt I will be playing the multiplayer much regardless (unless they had some sort of survivor or horde mode that encourages cooperative play against Demons). The original Doom's PVP multiplayer was fun in short bursts but was never exactly addictive (Quake and Unreal Tournament took the reigns in that field), as I inevitably went back to the singleplayer/cooperative campaign. And I hope it's the same here with Doom 4.

People just need to hop in on the Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha if they want that arena-style multiplayer shooter. It's just as fast and tense as the original Unreal Tournament or Quake 3, with almost nothing significantly altered in terms of gameplay.

Krimson Madness said:

In the singleplayer you can carry as much weapons as you want loadouts are only in multiplayer. It's not a slow movement speed, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo and etc has slow movement speed. There are indeed some similarities to Halo but still plays like DOOM, when i was playing the beta i didn't had the feeling that i was playing Halo it felt like DOOM to me.

Yeah, SP looks awesome and there are even upgrades you can get to increase your movement speed.

I was just talking about MP, which isn't even designed by id themselves.

Touchdown said:

A lot of people seem to be hellbent on hating everything related to id, though. It seems like every game that they release gets more hate than the last one. I wonder if DOOM4 will break a new record for the company in that regard. Or is it just a vocal minority? I'm not really following that. But the Beta currently has a 104vs41 positive to negative ratio.

The Steam community is only marginally less retarded than Metacritic and YouTube.

Touchdown said:

A lot of people seem to be hellbent on hating everything related to id, though. It seems like every game that they release gets more hate than the last one.

That's because id are essentially the godfathers of PC gaming, and they've gradually been straying from that, trying to become a bigger and bigger player in the console AAA space. That's not necessarily a bad move, but a portion of the PC crowd will be upset.

Arclite said:

Well I doubt I will be playing the multiplayer much regardless (unless they had some sort of survivor or horde mode that encourages cooperative play against Demons).

That will be created in SnapMap, no doubt. id mentioned recently that they built a SnapMap mode internally called "Onslaught" that was basically Nazi Zombies, complete with purchasable weapons, waves of enemies, 4-player co-op, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if id has their internal modes available at launch, so that players have examples of what to make.

Touchdown said:

It does seem like there is a group that want this game to fail and I feel bad for all those who have worked on it.

I remember a lot of people moaned about rage having no DM multiplayer and now they bring it to doom it's still not good enough. I'm confused about the hate it's getting tbh. I played the alpha and beta and spent more time on it than I thought I would. It was good fun and to me that's all that matters.

Don't get more wrong I can understand some of the worries people have about new doom but maybe I'm just more opened minded when it comes to games. with regard to the pc v console thing, I don't really have any platform loyalty and its probably down to me playing on nearly every platform that existed since 1986.

The latest IGN article has rifled people up on neogaf, where their giving it more of a bashing. It's funny you got people saying they are no longer interested, basing the decision off the MP videos, it's like a lot of people forget doom has a solo campaign and was never really about DM (yeah it started the DM thing but Quake was where it really took of). It's like they think the campaign is going to play like the MP lol ?

I'm still looking forward to it despite the negativity, I'll enjoy it for what it is, a new doom in my favourite franchise.

IN DEFENSE OF CALL OF DOOMLO

Every1 it's not that bad all the dumb faggoteers are just hating anc comparing to that shitty doom ripoff GAYLO lolamirite?? XD BUt its got two WEP LIMITS LIKE THAT FAG TEER SHEET Call of Faggy and all of those faggot US memes PRESS X TO PAY REFUCKS.

A lot of games have Two weapfuck limits DOOM is just special. All the angry fuckbois don't know what they say AND WUAKE FAGS CAN FUCK OFF because Doom is common superiority and the overall congregationalism needs to be understood or else macroeconomics will be changed in definition.

I thoroughly believe DooM 2016 will be better than Halo 5 since Halo 5 sucked. As I have pre-ordered the new DooM game for Ps4, I believe the game will be amazing.

Clonehunter said:

IN DEFENSE OF CALL OF DOOMLO

Every1 it's not that bad all the dumb faggoteers are just hating anc comparing to that shitty doom ripoff GAYLO lolamirite?? XD BUt its got two WEP LIMITS LIKE THAT FAG TEER SHEET Call of Faggy and all of those faggot US memes PRESS X TO PAY REFUCKS.

A lot of games have Two weapfuck limits DOOM is just special. All the angry fuckbois don't know what they say AND WUAKE FAGS CAN FUCK OFF because Doom is common superiority and the overall congregationalism needs to be understood or else macroeconomics will be changed in definition.

stop