Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

New trailer: DOOM - Open Beta

I'm already surprised that this is not the same BETA we played earlier. .7.6 Gig update on PS4. Oh now I'm really looking forward to this BETA! Fired it up yesterday and I have already noticed that texture pop-in is less noticeable. They also included a FOV slider in the options menu. .A FOV slider on a console? Now that's something new. Can't wait to zap somebody in the chest with the Static Rifle and finish them off with SSG! ! ! !

Carbon copy of the earlier trailer , but shorter .
EDIT : Just checked my Steam library, looks like the Closed Beta was renamed to Open Beta .

I was not part of the closed beta...is there a link to download this on steam or do i have to wait until this weekend?

thanks

Jesus, not again the same boring heat wave... I don't understand the idea of releasing another beta identical as the previous one. Maybe they want to piss off the people who bought TNO for beta access?

mjf6866 said:

I was not part of the closed beta...is there a link to download this on steam or do i have to wait until this weekend?

thanks

Search "Doom Open Beta" on steam and you'll find it. It's available for pre-load right now.

Edit: Some other freak beat me to it. Delete this post please, mods.

Spoiler

magma86 is not a freak and all my <3's go out to him <3 <3 <3

Reinchard said:

Jesus, not again the same boring heat wave... I don't understand the idea of releasing another beta identical as the previous one. Maybe they want to piss off the people who bought TNO for beta access?

It will have the New hell map if i'm right .

AwesomeO-789 said:

Search "Doom Open Beta" on steam and you'll find it. It's available for pre-load right now.

Edit: Some other freak beat me to it. Delete this post please, mods.

Spoiler

magma86 is not a freak and all my <3's go out to him <3 <3 <3

<3 :)

Reinchard said:

Probably a bunch of fixed things and more settings to be tested. The purpose of a BETA is to test mostly back end features that we as users don't really see. Being a "demo" is its secondary purpose.

TheWizard said:

Probably a bunch of fixed things and more settings to be tested. The purpose of a BETA is to test mostly back end features that we as users don't really see. Being a "demo" is its secondary purpose.

I actually figured they wanted to test the game with a larger playerbase. Closed Beta participants aren't exactly a large group of people. Multiplayer games need to be stress tested or something ALWAYS falls apart. What works with a couple thousand, doesn't always work with a hundred thousand. :P (Although I would be VERY surprised if it hit that number. 3,000K at once seems to be the steam average for this type of game.)

Just downloaded the beta on Xbox, interest changes, announcer volume, menu improvements; faster more fluid, stats erased (including customization), and an FoV slider (whaaaa?) on console (WHAAAAAT?),

there might have be more in game shit but I don't know at the moment

Got the open beta preloaded, but I really want a single player demo to see if it's really worth $60..

Reinchard said:

It's not the same BETA. It seems they have improved a lot of stuff. 7.6 gig update is a heavy update. But yes, maps are the same

ChickenOrBeef said:

"It's not Quake 3, so I don't like it".

I hope the final reviewers of DOOM aren't made up of people like that.

Yeah, me 2.