Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Scariest user map/mod/tc

Ct_red_pants said:

Im in the mood to be terrafied. just wondering if anybody knows a good tence mod?

Note: i've already got the Aliens TC.

Try out osiris2.zip at rarefiles.tripod.com. For zdoom.

Biffy said:

Try out osiris2.zip at rarefiles.tripod.com. For zdoom.

That is one weird wad! I don't think it was too scary, though. The music didn't fit in with the theme :(

Scariest list would be :
Aliens TC. (Gave a friend of mine nightmares after playing it during night.. MWUAHHAHAAH)
Eternal Doom (freaked me out bad first time around I played it)
Xenogenesis (not released in a couple of years maybe, will be wicked. By Hyena)
Nimrod (when you come to the later levels. specially map07 you'll defenitely be tense. maybe not scared, but tense. hell yeah.)

Can't say. I'd only plugging my own maps.

Oh alright then.

1)Long, stone cavern... interspersed with caged blue torches... and every few seconds you see a demon illuminated briefly in the torchlight until they're bearing down on you from both sides... (map04 - Lethe)

2)You work your way into a massive green, marble chamber. On the floor and ceiling is a huge, blood red pentagram lined with the symbols of the enochian keys. In it's center lies the red key. You step forward to pick it up... and five barons instantly teleport around you, encircling and generally forcing the shit from your body.
(map07 - Valley of Styx).

Well, if you don't mind people plugging their own maps...

Map 5 - The Haunted Castle

You find yourself in a large, dark room with a circular shaped pool of blood, with small streams flowing into it through the walls and from a large pillar in the center. On the walls are pictures of hideous lokking skulls. As you enter, you hear a loud noise right behind you. You turn around and find yourself blocked in. There doesn't seem to be any enemies, but there is plenty of tension as you expect something big to happen. Soon, a few monsters teleport in. They don't seem to be too tough, and you kill them quickly. At this time, more monsters appear. These seem a bit tougher. You can't seem to kill these in time for some more to show up, and you begin to wonder when this will all end. Just when it looks like you're getting the upper hand, you feel a strong tremor. What happens next will give you nightmares for days...

Covert Ops:
Played that a while ago. not bad, but not quite what I'm looking for...

osiris2.zip:
Some cool monsters replacements, nice sounds, wired music. I don't like it's chaingun replacement. it looks silly. But over all, pretty good.

Eternal Doom:
still trying to aquiter. damn download keeps stuffing up.

keep 'em comming!

Since I've just gotten ZDoom yesterday and it's running Doom 2 perfectly, can someone please give me a link to the Aliens TC?

Cheers,

Hello everyone.
I'm a swedish DooM fanatic
been playing DooM for .. pretty much as long as i can remember.
but i'm new here at Doomworld, i like the site. (or else i would'nt be a member duuh!) so be nice to me ! =)
and right now i am mainly looking for some cool mods
right now.
So has anyone got any suggestions ?

i am also planning on making a mod with my little brother
but that'll be a while.

I think you mean wadfiles. A few good ones which replace all the maps of Doom are Memento Mori 1 and 2, Eternal, Strain, GothicDm and Gothic2 for deathmatch, and Null Space for a single map. Those are all I can think of right now.

Ct_red_pants said:

Im in the mood to be terrafied.

If you want something to give you nightmares, try playing Death Tormention II with fast monsters, starting each map with the pistol. My hands were shaking by the end.
You can get it here: http://www.geocities.com/paul33_au/

Well maybe I'm not the greatest judge of scary, but I'd reccomend Hellrazor and Blackgate.

From the textfile of Hellrazor:
"Six sick levels, designed for maximum disturbance of your conscience. Journey through the gates of Hell and locate the spawing portal of all evil and destroy it. Dark and similar to Hexen in texture choice and level design, and only truly evil characters were used(no wimpy former humans and shit!). Mostly medium sized levels that have a sort of gothic but hellish vibe to them. If you like levels that are visually clean and cool looking then this is the PWAD for you."

ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/g-i/helrzor.zip

From the textfile of Blackgate:
"A dark, sick, medium-sized castle-like level in a hellish
dimension. This level is inspiried by John Diamond's HELRZOR.WAD,
and it resembles some of Helrzor's levels. True to its theme,
only hellish creatures are used (i.e. no former humans!)"

ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/a-c/blakgate.zip

I think there's only one. but it don't feature all of them. It's called Doom3d wads or something.