Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
koren

Demos for miscellaneous Ribbiks maps

GrumpyCat said:

By the way, for episode run it's possible to have 100 hp on the last map.

ooh, by killing yourself with RL in m02 I'm guessing? I had thought setting max health via dehacked would prevent that, interesting..

Ribbiks said:

ooh, by killing yourself with RL in m02 I'm guessing? I had thought setting max health via dehacked would prevent that, interesting..

By taking berserk after killing youself on second map.
Surprisingly it do not work if I interrupt game flow with save/load!

jq2 Map 5 UV-Speed in 0:18

I dont see a idgames link for the wad. But i just thought ill post a demo. Will probably desync if a future version is released.

jq2-map5.zip

SWDude said:

jq2 Map 5 UV-Speed in 0:18

I dont see a idgames link for the wad. But i just thought ill post a demo. Will probably desync if a future version is released.

ooh neat! I had forgotten about this. I have 5 more maps I was going to make for it then release it as a 10-map set. So expect desyncs!

I got too many of these silly small map projects floating about my hard drive at this point -.-

edit: note to dew, could you add the /idgames link to the OP for pepper? https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/p-r/pepper

kuchitsu said:

Did anyone else expect to see a thread full of demos by Ribbiks when they saw the thread title?

Well, that's pretty much what the title says. Maybe some unnamed moderator of this forum could change the thread title to something like "Demos for miscellaneous WADs by Ribbiks" to diffuse any confusion.

Spoiler

more work for dew!

Also, since some of these WADs are not finished yet and according to Ribbiks' own words descyncs are to be expected should recording demos for them be encouraged in the OP?!

SWDude said:

^^ map 8 uv-speed in 0:14

Cool avj route. Could be faster though.

A new and improved difficult route!
Map 08 UV-Pacifist in 0:09

crm8p009.zip

MD922 said:

A new and improved difficult route!
Map 08 UV-Pacifist in 0:09

Great.Why didn't that occur to me?. I guess i got to do more research before i make a run xD.

Crumpets Map 9 UV-Pacifist in 0:54.11

Looks like 53 is possible but this is by far my fastest time and im too tired to try that.

Edit: please dont upload this to DSDA.

cr09p54.zip

SWDude said:

Indeed it was painful. Hence i had to find another route xd.

Map 3 UV-Speed in 0:21

Awesome, I didn't even think to try a vile jump! I grinded out the route I used for a bit but ran out of patience on it.

I may do that. Although I have been having issues with frame-rate drop whilst streaming, and I hate for it to fuck up a run if it happens at the wrong time. I've been doing about 1 hour or so worth of attempts on MAP03 a day ever since I posted MAP01 Tyson, so I might do a good 4 hours or so tomorrow on it. I already did my daily hour or so of attempts on MAP03 today, I managed to get to the Dark Blue key twice and failed there both times, along with various other failures along the way. Probably about 15 attempts or so total.

EDIT: Lol look at my sig for more info. xD

1 hour ago, Killer5 said:

Swim With The Whales Map03 UV Max in 25:13.

Anyone else watch this before reading the text file, and found yourself wondering if it'd gone out of sync? You'll know the bit I mean when you see it. Weird. :)

17 hours ago, Killer5 said:

Swim With The Whales Map03 UV Max in 25:13.

swtw03-2513.zip

Dunno what are the hardest parts of this map but the 4 cyber arena, bsk and final area seems :o

i love when demos make me wince and dodge for the player - even though i know the demo was successful. that 4 cyber box arena was incredible :D