Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buckshot

Nvidia driver hotfix for DOOM 2016... also add's SLI support/Menu lag fix/FPS fixes

Installed. Heatwave still runs like ass. And i almost want to say Infernal runs a bit worse but i don't have hard numbers for that.

Ugh I got that error during the closed beta and I assumed it was just a coincidence. But now I see it was actually thanks to the game itself? That bodes well for the performance and stability of the full version...

Thanks for drivers news! They fixed that horrible intro video stattering for me)

Is a launch options list posted anywhere? I am still getting the game forcing me to my old monitor which then basically ignores the custom 3440x1440 resolution I want to set. Grrrrr need a launch option to force my primary display.

Eh, didn't seem to fix/change much.

SLI still seems like crap, but it seems driver is now forcing it to "alternate frame redenering 2", though some say it's still broken and by disabling SLI it'll actually run better.

Oh well, at least it looks like performance and driver optimizations are in the works, and it will officially support SLI regardless. Maybe by retail launch a WHQL driver will be out that fixes it all.

pro_zealot said:

In 720p (low seting and addaptive) i get 55-60 fps on 780GTX.

You should be getting the fps at 1080p.

archvile82 said:

You should be getting the fps at 1080p.

maybe but still in 1080p average fps is 43 so i prefer almost 60 at 720p.

pro_zealot said:

In 720p (low seting and addaptive) i get 55-60 fps on 780GTX.

Weird. My 970 is comparable to a 780 and i get 50-60 at 1440p everything highest cept no chromatic shit and motion blur off

I understand my PC isn't top of the line nowadays, but I'm pretty disappointed in how the game runs. I have a GTX 660 Ti and an i5-3570K and I'm barely getting 30 fps. No other game I've played has given me less than 60 fps (e.g. Far Cry 3).

Does anyone have any performance tips and tricks? I'm pretty annoyed that the advanced settings are hidden.

Mazze said:

Does anyone have any performance tips and tricks?

Not many. The closed beta was running on low settings by default, I imagine the open beta works the same. I guess this is why it doesn't look quite as pretty as what we saw in the E3 demo.

Try the drivers Buckshot posted, mess around with the few settings you're able to mess around with. Not much else you can do.

I thought the game looked average because of how low my framerate was but I did notice the game wasn't very sharp even when still.

I really hope the optimisation improves before release, I'm not sure I want to invest in a new graphics card just to play DOOM. The game seemed pretty fun from what I played but definitely not $300+ worth.