Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
julz_d

DOOM beta weapons question

So I just played the beta. Is that the final list of weapons for multiplayer? Feels a little limited. I could sure use a chaingun. 🙁

julz_d said:

Is that the final list of weapons for multiplayer?

Given how intentionally limited the beta is in terms of content, I kinda doubt it.

julz_d said:

I could sure use a chaingun. 🙁

I don't think that would be any different from the heavy machinegun.

No, it isn't. There are multiplayer trailers from Bethesda that sport more weapons (Chainsaw, Chaingun, BFG etc.)

I Tested some leak and found that Chainsaw, BFG, and Chaingun exist . The Chainsaw is 1 hit kill

Arctangent said:

I don't think that would be any different from the heavy machinegun.

I hope it would be better than the heavy machine gun. Not a fan of that weapon so far actually liked doom 3s mg better.

julz_d said:

I hope it would be better than the heavy machine gun. Not a fan of that weapon so far actually liked doom 3s mg better.

If it was better, there'd be literally no reason to use the heavy machine gun.

I mean, I guess if you made the chaingun a super weapon it'd be perfectly fine to get away with making it a machine gun on steroids.

Arctangent said:

If it was better, there'd be literally no reason to use the heavy machine gun.

I mean, I guess if you made the chaingun a super weapon it'd be perfectly fine to get away with making it a machine gun on steroids.

There has to be something different or useful about the Chaingun in mp to make it different in some way (be it big or small) compared to the heavy machine gun.

Xaser said:

Spin-up time, I'd randomly-guess.

Yeah, exactly. It will most likely be more powerful, but have a delay in firing. That sounds like it should be a fun, interesting weapon to use.

ChickenOrBeef said:

Yeah, exactly. It will most likely be more powerful, but have a delay in firing. That sounds like it should be a fun, interesting weapon to use.

Except the spin up would KILL the weapon as anything other than a flanking gun. First shot is everything in any FPS, and as an example, Planetside 2's chaingun is universally panned. Even with a spin-up upgrade, in 1v1 pretty much any other weapon wins. Which makes the user become a sort of ambush flanker... which other weapons do better.

1 hit kill would be a tad silly, so I can't see them releasing it that way. Even the Rocket Launcher doesn't 1 hit kill.

Ironhound said:

Except the spin up would KILL the weapon as anything other than a flanking gun. First shot is everything in any FPS, and as an example, Planetside 2's chaingun is universally panned. Even with a spin-up upgrade, in 1v1 pretty much any other weapon wins. Which makes the user become a sort of ambush flanker... which other weapons do better.

1 hit kill would be a tad silly, so I can't see them releasing it that way. Even the Rocket Launcher doesn't 1 hit kill.

I would definitely give cg a try. I'm no Good with the heavy assault rifle.