Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

It was my xbox user name.

I love the movie commando, and the game contra. However, Contra Commando was already taken, so I just changed the c to a k.

Moreover, Contra sort of emulated the movie commando, as well as many other great movies like Rambo, and Aliens.

Dan comes from the first three letters of my first name. 64 comes from Nintendo 64.

...I forgot where fun came from. xD

ChekaAgent said:

(yes, I'm aware that there were threads like this before, but they were loooong time ago....)

Hey, let's make a bunch of threads that already existed long ago, that's going to sprawl something new within the forum.

I like the name Joe, and my real name's Ilya.

OK. I used to use the name plusminus for making music (or even just +- but that is rarely a valid username). On IRC and other places this name was often taken, and I have a thing for anagrams as well as confusing names so I started using plumsinus (and other variants) instead. This often gets shortened to just plums, especially for gaming sites etc. It's kind of a throwaway name and if I had known I'd be posting so much here when I signed up I might have picked something else, but maybe not.

I don't think I have eaten a plum in at least a decade, apart from maybe in a curry sauce or something.

kuchitsu said:

http://j-lyric.net/artist/a001c0c/l005c86.html
朝焼けにくちづけてる (asayake ni kuchizuketeru) means something like "kiss the sunrise". But I misheard it and thought it's "kuchitsu...". Oops. Well, too late to change now I guess. So my username could mean that I'm trying to kiss you but failing.

Would you prefer if people stopped calling you Memfis? Or does it matter?

When I was a kid, I used to like to watch Happy Days. One day I was making an account for StarCraft and I needed a name; ironically the speakers on the old IBM had either the word "Fouze" or "Fonze" on them, so I used Fonze. I still to this day do not know what the third letter was and I still own those speakers.

why it's just some part of a Pain elemental edit so I find it funny for his name because he actually like to lanch some many annoying rocket n shit so then he Can suck my dick for that. :P

Corbachu is my old IRL nickname (based on my birth name), so I just shortened it to "Chu". Course, Chu is short for Pikachu.. = Corbachu..wish I could change it though.

Oh well!

Dillman is a name, at first I created this nick for youtube only, added a "le" because i thought that was french as fuck and... well, it's a crappy story, but that's how it is.

When I first signed up, I chose to use the "Styx" default avatar and needed a name to go with it. Also, I like MAP29 of TNT: Evilution. Maybe I would come up with something more creative given another chance, but probably not.

Clashman is the Japanese name for Crashman from Megaman 2. Clashman just sounded cool. I added The Third becase it sounded like something a royal Prince would have at the end of their name, and for websites that require a number on your username.

"Yuki" is Japanese for "snow", and is in there because I love snowy, cold weather. "b1t" (b-(one)-t, as in 8 bits to a byte) is just to make it look all computer-y, and because I love messing with computers.

Chezza is my known nickname with my friends. My surname starts with a C, my highschool persona was a Cheese obsessed spaz and in Australia we like to just use ZZA or O's to make nicknames like Azza for Aron and Robo for Rob.

I'm Josh, my friend used to say "Josh Mon" in a terrible rasta voice but I liked it. Youtube fuckery took play and I got a shitty account, Joshmon was taken and youtube said try thejoshmon, that was taken so they said try mrthejoshmon...

How thrilling.

During a game of Pokemon Ruby, I had to pick or write my name.

I thought maybe 5 letters would be fine.
Voros came into my mind.
That's it.

mrthejoshmon said:

I'm Josh, my friend used to say "Josh Mon" in a terrible rasta voice but I liked it. Youtube fuckery took play and I got a shitty account, Joshmon was taken and youtube said try thejoshmon, that was taken so they said try mrthejoshmon...

How thrilling.

Somehow I kinda figured that, heh. Now that I stop and think about it, it couldn't have been the word "mon" that tipped me off.

And just because I'm thinking about it now...

Well, I actually shortened the name. The full name is CARRiON+FLOWER, which is a real plant: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrion_flower

I found something beautiful in that, a flower that smells like death. Anyways the word itself is still strangely wonderful, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6sFP_7Vezg

Bonus: Chelsea Wolfe made a wonderful song with the name https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46u_Ggsub1A

Oh, shi-, I didn't know that the last thread on such topic was made in 2014...; when I searched for username threads, the newest one that I found was made back in 2005. Looks like I suck at searching.