Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Perdition's Gate Demo Pack Released

Hello, the Perdition's Gate demo pack has finally been completed! This demo pack started in August of 2014, so it has been over one and a half years in the making, so it is a huge pack, 334 demos totaling over 20 hours of gameplay not counting the leftovers. This pack spanned all Compet-N categories and a few extra categories for both individual level runs and movie runs. Over the course of the pack, five Compet-N categories were filled for individual level runs: UV-Max, UV-Speed, NM-Speed, Nomo, and UV -fast. Movie runs for max, speed, nomo, and -fast were done as well, and all runs on the DSDA have been beaten. Anyway, enjoy!

Demo pack download
Leftovers pack download
WAD link

Times spreadsheet
Demo pack folder
Original thread

UV-Speed IL Compilation:

UV-Max IL Compilation:

NM IL Compilation:

Some other videos:Also, a couple of miscellaneous playlists:

Ouch, and I thought my Map01 max was very fast...
Map 02 has such a weird start lol. (fighting zombies with the chainsaw?!)
Looks great so far.

Great job guys, looks awesome. You probably spent as much time to make this as Mustaine & co. took to actually make Perdition's Gate, haha.

Where are you guys downloading this wad? So far I've only found PG-LTD.wad from dsda but I can't find the full game wad....

Yeah, it's a lame situation, because perdgate is a commercial release, but I don't even know if it's sold anywhere anymore. Can't have a direct link here anymore, but you'd probably have to get.. um, creative to obtain the wad by any means.

edit: Oh right... Mustaine's page. I mean, the place that cannot be named. Only few dare click. No direct links though, please.

About the legitimacy stuff... I have to say I doubt it. Atari is a notorious black hole and whatever they swallow is pretty much lost for the time being, viz Blood. They just don't give a shit about these small-time rereleases, they're busy making online gambling games or whatever. Hopefully they go bankrupt within our lifespan and someone reasonable poaches all of those rights. I'd say don't email them for their opinion though, for everyone's sake, heh.

Oh man, this is amazing.

You had me yelling "WHAT?!" at the screen a few times when the player squeezed through the bars on Map04 or snuck the keycard without hitting the linedefs on Map03 or hopped the key barriers on Map17.

Love all the planned infighting situations too. The runner slides into a crowded room with demons, hides in a corner and waits for the monsters to start infighting before making a sneaky grab for a keycard or a door. Excellent.

So good! It's awesome to see people still enjoying these maps years later. A lot of love and heartbreak (curse you max visplanes!!) went into Perdition's Gate.

Regarding downloading - the rights reverted to the creators years ago. Who do I need to talk to at DoomWorld to make that clear so people don't get banned for linking a 20 year old Doom add-on?

I guess I can re-master the original and just put out a free re-release, that might clear up the confusion. (nothing that would break your demos of course!)

Cool then, that's good enough for me. Feel free to add a download link, gents! Thanks for clearing the issue up, Tom.

tmustaine said:

Regarding downloading - the rights reverted to the creators years ago. Who do I need to talk to at DoomWorld to make that clear so people don't get banned for linking a 20 year old Doom add-on?

I'll put out a papal bull about it. Now get back to work on Snapmap!!

lol I literally just pm'd Linguica asking for confirmation and he beats me by 4 minutes.

So this is for real now? Tom, could you upload PG to the idgames archives? That would make some people's day for sure.

Also what's the status of Hell 2 Pay?

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I added download links to the OP and the demo pack textfiles. Yeah, I'll admit map 2 zombie chainsawing looks weird, but switching weapons there seemed slow. I also didn't work on map 2 as much as some of the others like map 1 since I didn't like the run as much.

Out of curiosity, now that the PG wad itself is ok to link to, what is the difference between "pg-raw.wad" and "pg-raw-x.wad ?"

PG-RAW-X.wad has one additional lump, F_END. (Both have FF_END) If you play in vanilla doom you should probably use that one, otherwise it shouldn't matter. Chocolate Doom can use the -merge parameter to load either. Any other port you just load either, like an other normal wad.

tmustaine said:

Oh man, this is amazing.

You had me yelling "WHAT?!" at the screen a few times when the player squeezed through the bars on Map04 or snuck the keycard without hitting the linedefs on Map03 or hopped the key barriers on Map17.

Love all the planned infighting situations too. The runner slides into a crowded room with demons, hides in a corner and waits for the monsters to start infighting before making a sneaky grab for a keycard or a door. Excellent.

So good! It's awesome to see people still enjoying these maps years later. A lot of love and heartbreak (curse you max visplanes!!) went into Perdition's Gate.

I guess I can re-master the original and just put out a free re-release, that might clear up the confusion. (nothing that would break your demos of course!)

:woop:

thank you again for perdgate and thanks 4shock for what can only have been a ton of work for our relatively free entertainment.

also having perdgate and hell2pay on /idgames would be another one of those Doom holy grails

how do you guys play Hell 2 Pay megawad? I mean in the zip file i downloaded from dsda, it contains so many files. I wonder which one to use. which is the correct file for playing?

Keyboard_Doomer said:

Unless you want to play it in the original Doom2.exe the only relevant file for running it is HTP-LTD.WAD

ok. Thanks for the info :)

Yeah those sprites are pretty rough. I made a dehacked patch that corrects (IMHO) some enemy sounds if you decide to go with them. Use/distribute as you wish.

Spoiler

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0
# Created with WhackEd4 1.0.2
# Note: Use the pound sign ('#') to start comment lines.

Doom version = 21
Patch format = 6

Thing 9 (Mancubus)
Action sound = 77
Bits = 4718598

Thing 12 (Imp)
Pain sound = 26

Thing 13 (Demon)
Pain sound = 66
Bits = 4718598

Thing 14 (Spectre)
Pain sound = 66
Bits = 4980742

Thing 15 (Cacodemon)
Pain sound = 66
Bits = 4735494

Thing 16 (Baron of Hell)
Action sound = 101

Thing 18 (Hell Knight)
Action sound = 101

Thing 19 (Lost Soul)
Pain sound = 66
Bits = 541190

Thing 20 (Spiderdemon)
Action sound = 101

Thing 22 (Cyberdemon)
Action sound = 101

Thing 23 (Pain Elemental)
Bits = 4735494

Thing 24 (SS Nazi)
Pain sound = 0
Action sound = 0
Alert sound = 0

Thing 25 (Commander Keen)
Bits = 4719366

Sound 100
Value = 120
Zero/One = 1

Text 17 17
level 1: entryway01: Holding Cells
Text 19 18
level 2: underhalls02: Slave Quarters
Text 20 13
level 3: the gantlet03: The Mines
Text 18 18
level 4: the focus04: Nukage Process
Text 26 19
level 5: the waste tunnels05: Trustee Country
Text 20 23
level 6: the crusher06: Command and Control
Text 20 23
level 7: dead simple07: The Industrial Park
Text 25 17
level 8: tricks and traps08: The Warehouse
Text 16 19
level 9: the pit09: Military Complx
Text 24 25
level 10: refueling base10: The Liquid Metal Labs
Text 29 18
level 11: 'o' of destruction!11: The Space Port
Text 21 18
level 12: the factory12: The Cargo Hold
Text 18 19
level 13: downtown13: The Engine Room
Text 25 20
level 14: the inmost dens14: The Habitat Deck
Text 25 19
level 15: industrial zone15: Captain Bellows
Text 17 11
level 16: suburbs16: Io Base
Text 19 15
level 17: tenements17: Hot as Hell
Text 23 13
level 18: the courtyard18: Big Crane
Text 21 14
level 19: the citadel19: Demon Chow
Text 17 19
level 20: gotcha!20: Master Computer
Text 17 15
level 21: nirvana21: Planet Hell
Text 23 15
level 22: the catacombs22: Vile Temple
Text 24 17
level 23: barrels o' fun23: Hell's Cavern
Text 19 15
level 24: the chasm24: Hell's Park
Text 20 19
level 25: bloodfalls25: Hell's Gauntlet
Text 29 18
level 26: the abandoned mines26: Circle of Hell
Text 23 16
level 27: monster condo27: Hell Squared
Text 26 22
level 28: the spirit world28: Neophyte Reception
Text 24 14
level 29: the living end29: Initiation
Text 21 12
level 30: icon of sin30: Sky High
Text 21 19
level 31: wolfenstein31: Secret Facility
Text 16 17
level 32: grosse32: Self-Destruct

So does this ultimately mean that Perdition's Gate and Hell to Pay will be uploaded to /idgames ?

Wow I'm only seeing this one now. Thrilled that my few demos have all been beaten, so it's sure to be good quality, especially with 4shock at the helm. Congratulations!

I will update my YouTube vids to link to this thread. Very much looking forward to watching.