Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom64guy6

Just found this regarding Sp

This is great news if a sp-demo comes. I just need one level. I mean, they could just make a level in snapmap thats not a part of the final game and let us test the gameplay against demons.

A tweet saying they intend to "shra" more information about the single-player campaign is not evidence of any sort of SP demo, come on.

I would be really surprised (as in: I don't think it will happen under any circumstances) if they release an SP demo. Too many reasons not to do it.

Doom64guy6 said:

I don't know about a sp demo (As much as I would love that) but maybe a longer trailer or something.

Or some Non-Conan-o-Brian gameplay. No Trailer, nothing pre-scripted, just fifteen minutes or so of raw gameplay, especially in a setting we haven't seen yet. That would be awesome.

tuo said:

I would be really surprised (as in: I don't think it will happen under any circumstances) if they release an SP demo. Too many reasons not to do it.

This!

I just want to enjoy the complete game when its out.
One level as a demo would destroy the experience for me.
But thats just me,
if they decide to bring a SP demo, cool,
Enjoy and have fun to play it.
I will not download the demo, and keep the surprise for me.

I think the most appropriate thing too do is to make a video about SnapMap. It would be 30-60 minutes of someone from Id creating a large singe player level. It should only use assets from Heatwave and monsters from the E3 demo. So it would be a foundry type map with Imps, Zombie variants and perhaps a couple Hell Knights and a Revenant at the end. After the video is released, Id lets the players try out the level in the Open Beta. This would work as a SP demo without spoiling the main campaign.

I don't see the point of a SP demo.

Why waste time and resources on something so trivial? I would rather have id focus on launching the game, then worry about some demo.

But that's just me.

The MP demo created mixed opinions among gamers. A SP demo could put the final nail in the coffin for the game. SP is the only thing they have that will ensure most people who disliked the MP will buy the game to play it.

Trycon said:

I don't see the point of a SP demo.

Why waste time and resources on something so trivial? I would rather have id focus on launching the game, then worry about some demo.

But that's just me.

100% agree. Release some trailers for Snapmap, but leave single alone.

Technician said:

The MP demo created mixed opinions among gamers. A SP demo could put the final nail in the coffin for the game. SP is the only thing they have that will ensure most people who disliked the MP will buy the game to play it.

The baffling thing is that a lot of the people who have been bashing the game so far don't seem to even know there is a single player campaign, so I dunno how much difference it would make.

hardcore_gamer said:

The baffling thing is that a lot of the people who have been bashing the game so far don't seem to even know there is a single player campaign, so I dunno how much difference it would make.

I know right it's very annoying

Technician said:

And then they'll find this itty bitty thing they hate about the demo and make it sound like the whole campaign is garbage.

I'm sure they'll do a minute long trailer of SP, like they were doing with MP.
Some people saying "30 minutes" of gameplay? Cmon now..I don't think they'll give the game away like that. It will just be snippets of the coolest parts of SP so people can quench their thirst for the campaign, and ease anyone who's considering jumping ship based on the MP Beta. Not to mention if people see 30 minutes and go "Ok, this will get boring after an hour..I'm done" and more pre-orders will be cancelled. So I'm assuming it will just be a tiny trailer.