Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pablogener

[UPDATE.2]BASE2.wad looking for a mapper to finish the job

A while ago I asked for help with BASE1.wad, the first map in a series of maps that I made but refuse to finish.
I make the overall layout, a part of the gameplay mechanics involving doors, platforms, switches, keys, etc. Now I ask the community if anyone wants to jump in and add monsters/weapons/powerups/ammo/etc to it, to make it playable.
fonze made a terrific job with the BASE1 map, but is busy enough with other projects of his, so the spot is free for anyone else to try with this second map.
The first one was some sort of a 'ring' military/tech base.
This one is like a huge tech/warehouse in the middle with a rectangularish corridor all around it with sectors connecting with the surrounding corridor.
I don't consider myself 'good' at mapping, let alone putting monsters in to make the level playable.
Anyone daring enough to try to tackle the task?
here's the link to the .wad
(UPDATE)I've modified the .wad to run in ultimate doom by naming it E1M2, which will replace the second map in the game. I intend the 'BASE1' map to replace E1M1.
https://od.lk/s/113028410_y6fUU/BASE2-udmf-v4.wad

As requested, screenshots:

Spoiler

cheers!

Ah, glad to see the next one come out man :)

I wish you luck finding someone to outfit this with some mobs; I look forward to playing it.

From a quick run through, it looks nice; you should really post some screenshots, though.

what resources did you use?(edit)never mind, it's doom 2.(edit2) nope still missing textures.

It's Ult. Doom, but the map has been mistakenly named MAP01, making Doom 2 the necessary iWad to play it. Load it up with Doom.wad as a resource wad and Doom2.wad as the iWad.

-doom.wad -BASE2-udmf-v3.wad -iWad doom2.wad

Fonze said:

It's Ult. Doom, but the map has been mistakenly named MAP01, making Doom 2 the necessary iWad to play it. Load it up with Doom.wad as a resource wad and Doom2.wad as the iWad.

thank you.

Fonze said:

sorry for the mistake, I made the same mistake with the other map, I'll fix that and reupload the map.
BTW, I'm updating the OP with screenshots, so everyone can check out.