Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Steam Demon revealed!

My day has barely started and it's been made already. Thanks! :'D

Ha!

I also was hoping to learn of a new brutal Demon. But instead a more terrible creature was revealed.

Why is classic arena shooters considered a 'weakness'? They are complaining about the fact that the game isn't an arena shooter. It should have been 'Call of Halo' or something like that.

because it implies that their constant hypocritical whining over d44m not being a pure arena shooter directly relates to them either being shit at them, or not playing them at all when they were still alive.

anyways, 10/10. holy fuck I shouldn't be laughing out this loud in here.

TheLastOttoman said:

Why is classic arena shooters considered a 'weakness'? They are complaining about the fact that the game isn't an arena shooter. It should have been 'Call of Halo' or something like that.

Hook

Line

and

Sinker

LMAO, half of these self-proclaimed "Doom enthusiasts" don't even know what Doomworld is!

EDIT:

HAHAHA, man this shit is epic. Some serious triggering here.

Nifft a scris:
Anyway, Doomworlders plan to publish their own review once the game is out, so it will be nice to see official opinion from actual Doom fans.
doomworld is ♥♥♥♥ they even banned sgtmarkiv the only guy keeping doom alive right now

And these people want to be taken seriously by game developers. GIVE.ME.A.BREAK.

He even pops on to post here and there. They must be getting confused with the Zandronum forums.

Thread is indeed hilarious and it contains some representative specimens of Steam's "Doom fans".

What concerns me, however, is that OP presented those images as "Doomworld's message to Steam users" when they in fact weren't made by Doomworld members and I imagine that they probably wouldn't be endorsed by this site's administration.
This misunderstanding might cause some unnecessary enmity towards Doomworld.

DooM_RO said:

Dear God, I think I lost a few braincells from reading that thread.

Steam forums can be a really "special" place, especially when there is no moderation going on whatsoever (as is the case with Doom one).

Gameo said:

Doomworld is full of a bunch of underdeveloped simpletons

One can clearly demonstrate their impressive intellectual capabilities by generalizing the entire user base of Doomworld forum with such a graceful, well written and inspiring comment. Hats off to you, Gameo, you highly developed saint of a man.

Spoiler

I'm kidding, you're a twit

Doom64guy6 said:

Major rule of doom world
Never talk about brutal doom

It's just like politics it will never end well.

Agreed.

I would like to 'synchronize' my thoughts about the game, just to be sure i'm not a 'Steam Demon':

- I am more interested about the SP, then SnapMap and then MP. In that order.
- The MP not being a Arena Shooter but its own identity is a good thing. This means that the Demon Rune and Gauss rifle are part of that identity but should be balanced a bit and not removed.
- Arena style FPS mode (weapon pickups, no load outs, map control) should be its own mode out of the box.
- When i look at Master Chief from Halo, i see the Doom Marine and not the other way around.
- The only objectives in the SP levels should be finding keys in any form to open doors in any form.
- SP levels should have paths that are not necessary for finding the exit but open for exploration, this includes lots of secrets.
- Lots of pentagrams and references to hell.
- Traps
- Codex for people that want to read them.
- Background description of the Doom Marine that only consists of 3 lines on a A4 or letter format paper.
- MP should have been a layer in Hell (ala Dante's Inferno) where murderers kill each other and get killed over and over rather than being a simulation. This would maybe be a good excuse to change the announcer to a more demonic voice.

Tnx in advance.