Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zemini

Pinky shot on the gamestop cards

Linguica said:

If we're lucky, the Cacodemons will work like the old ones where you can stunlock them with a chaingun.

Can't remember, did the ones in doom 3 stun lock too?

Yes, but pretty much every monster except bosses and Hell knights would stagger from damage.

Buckshot said:

Can't remember, did the ones in doom 3 stun lock too?

No, they just kept attacking despite the constant damage if i recall correctly.

Tetzlaff said:

No, he just has a different colour scheme. The Pinky in the video also had those bone plates, but in a strawberry marshmellow taste.

Allthough it is blurry as hell, the spectre they kill in the hell singleplayer trailer also looks like the one on the card.

Arctangent said:

Those are weaknesses straight out of classic Doom, but I guess that really isn't much of a surprise.

( as in, "riddle it with bullets to keep it from being able to act" and "blasting it in one shot before it can wreck you" )

"Weakness of classic doom"? You mean the monster going into a pain state? The "weakness" that can changed by giving it a NOPAIN actor flag? Its absurd to believe that the new Doom somehow inherited anything but its theme from a nearly 23 year old game.

Linguica said:

If we're lucky, the Cacodemons will work like the old ones where you can stunlock them with a chaingun.

ya, now that I think about it hopefully pain chances are an important piece of the game, and I hope higher difficulties don't just lazely remove them if we do have them.

MrGlide said:

ya, now that I think about it hopefully pain chances are an important piece of the game, and I hope higher difficulties don't just lazely remove them if we do have them.

I don't think so m8. They obviously need them for feedback purposes.
It shouldn't even change on higher difficulties for the same reason.
I guess the only relevant changes are the pain chances being lowered on higher difficulties.

RightField said:

The fifth card uses the same image as this one:
https://bethesda.net/data/images/event/107/DOOM_Single-Player_730x411.jpg

which I think may be the Arch-Vile

Good observation. It looks more like another variant of the imp. There is also a picture floating on the internet (on doomleaks reddit) and that model doesnt look like this one. The archvile discovered there looks completely different.

we have been aware of the white-eyed imp variant since the gameinformer article nearly three months ago.

Doomayonise said:

I don't think so m8. They obviously need them for feedback purposes.
It shouldn't even change on higher difficulties for the same reason.

I don't understand what your saying, I said
MrGlide-"ya, now that I think about it hopefully pain chances are an important piece of the game, and I hope higher difficulties don't just lazely remove them if we do have them." I'm saying hopefully they're in the game, then you said I dont think so mate, they need them for feedback purposes?

MrGlide said:

I don't understand what your saying, I said
MrGlide-"ya, now that I think about it hopefully pain chances are an important piece of the game, and I hope higher difficulties don't just lazely remove them if we do have them." I'm saying hopefully they're in the game, then you said I dont think so mate, they need them for feedback purposes?

"I hope higher difficulties don't just lazely remove them"
That's what i meant.
Pardon my retardation

BluePineapple72 said:

I think it's simply a redesign of the one we saw at e3

This. I think it may be a hell variant (though this is assuming they didn't just make them always look like that and the mini hell knight looking ones didn't get scrapped).

LittleBurger said:

Rather tall as well. I wonder how many of them will be able to be charging at you at a time.

He's about the size of the original Pinky.
The player is crouching in those screenies.

The Civ said:

He's about the size of the original Pinky.
The player is crouching in those screenies.

Oh, didn't quite notice it. Will being able to crouch bring anything new gameplay wise?

his entire getup is supposed to be demonic battle armor, in case you weren't able to tell.

he also has an adorable egosaurus tail. cute throwback to the original pinky's walk cycle animations which were traced from an actual dinosaur toy.

Almonds said:

his entire getup is supposed to be demonic battle armor, in case you weren't able to tell.

he also has an adorable egosaurus tail. cute throwback to the original pinky's walk cycle animations which were traced from an actual dinosaur toy.

I really wonder what he does for a finisher when he finishes off a low on health Doom Guy. Probably something with those large teeth of his, or maybe his hands.

BluePineapple72 said:

If you think they're cute then their backstory will make you sad :,(

Yeah..they're basically really angry demonic cows.

I really love the exoskeletons on these guys. They way it sort of ripples like lava rock and the little rune on its arm gives a sort of golem or rock spirit vibe.